Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

blowing fuses, no rear running lights...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2003, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blowing fuses, no rear running lights...

three days ago, I find that my gauge lights, a/c control lights and cigarrette lighter plug don't work. So I check out my other lights, and everything works except for: rear running lights, right turn signal (front and back), and of course my instrument panel has no lights. WTF? I had my alarm installed last year, no problem. I installed my stereo system last year, no problem. Stereo still works, so that can't be the cause (I hope). I installed some strobes, took em out. When I took the strobes out, stupid me crossed the wires and sparked them. No problem that was a couple months ago and had no problem since.

I checked my fuses. The only fuses that blew were my rear running light fuses in the engine compartment. I changed those, and as soon as I turned my running lights on, they both blew. So there has to be a short somewhere. Weird thing is, is that my instrument panel has lights now, but still no other lights came back.

My question is, before I go to the dealership (have to go anyway, my friggin a/c doesn't work anymore), should I go to the alarm shop and see if its a short from their installation, or just go straight to the dealer?

This is a 03 lancer oz, I bought at the end of last september.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

WHOA!!! someone has the same problem as me!!! ahhah i had this problem about a month ago.. i had just gotten my system installed .... then i noticed one day cause a friend told me my light is out.. i was like hmm. interesting.. but your car is 03 and u say your rear lights are out... what happened to mine is this

front right corner light and rear right parking light and license plate and instrument panel lights didnt work any more.. soon as i put fuse in it would blow when i turned on lights... so i took it to the stereo shop to see if its their installation... they said no but they checked it anyway and they fixed it for me.. i don tknow how but this is what they said...

underneath my ttrunk near the license plate light or something theres a connector that had come undone.. they reconnected that and rechecked all wiring, replaced fuse and it worked fine...

seriously i got no answer to why it wasnt working and i too have nothing to tell u that could help you.. but take it to the dealer.. ahah just thought i'd post cause i had the almost same problem as you...
Old Sep 7, 2003, 10:55 PM

Yeah, I took it to the dealership this last thursday, and told them my problem (along with the a/c going out a month ago)...by the end of the day, I stopped by to see how it was going....There was a short in the wiring somewhere (I'll find out tomorrow) and they fixed it. It was covered under warranty. For the a/c, they had to order the a/c control unit....but everything was under warranty, so all is well =)
Old Sep 7, 2003, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

hehe good to hear ... lemme know where it was if u can too.. wonder if that was the problem with mine.. but then again they didnt do anything to my car and the problem was fixed O_o