Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

2008 Lancer GTS left channel audio issue

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2014, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2008 Lancer GTS left channel audio issue

I have the Rockford system in my car, i have upgraded to 2 12 inch dual voice coil subs and 2 amps that each power one of the subs. i was demoing this set up to a friend of mine when at max volume there was a pop/bang sound that was heard from the inside of the drivers door.

I then turned the audio down and realised that there was no sound coming out of the left side of the car, being the door speaker, the tweeter, or the rear door speaker. I shut the car off and turned it back on and the audio then came back, but sounded cruddy. Panning the audio to the left side only sounded much worse than the right side only.

I then noticed that it was actually intermittent, and sound would sometimes play from the drivers speaker/tweeter, then become quiet again. However the rear drivers side door speaker was 100% not ever playing audio. I tried smacking on the door panels lightly to see if it was maybe some sort of loose connection, but this did not do anything to start, or stop the audio when it was playing.

So, the question is, head unit (least likely) amp, wires, or speakers. i dont know how it would have hit all of the speakers on just the left side, because it is an 8 channel amp, going to 2 tweets, 2 midbass, 2 coaxial rears, and 2 voice coils in the stock sub (that is disconnected) so its not like i blew a whole channel. and i dont know how they are wired so its possible one blew and took the rest with it. basically this sucks and i need your help

Any and all input is appreciated, Thank you in advance, and sorry to be a "First post problem" guy!

TLDR: Left channel plays audio sometimes but not always after loud *** music, what gives?!
Old Nov 1, 2014, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rewire the amp for the channel you are having problems with. IE) Hook up the RF speaker to the port that is giving the issue, does it follow?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
^and then swap the input RCAs... Did it move?