Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

New girl seeking THAT driver

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2004, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New girl seeking THAT driver

This all happened back in May. I know that was a long time ago but if you had a redhead in a blue Civic chasing you through the mountains I think you would remember. I wrote my rendition of the event to share with livejournal people, none of which have Evo's by the way (but I've made a few want one). Now i'm just hoping I can find this person. I've been checking out every Evo I've seen since in hope of finding him. No such luck. Well, even if it wasn't you you might get a kick out of what you're doing to girls like me by just by driving around.

I know it's long, but it's worth the time it takes to read.

I usually keep pretty close tabs on what’s going on behind me but I didn’t see it coming. It hit me like an earthquake. It came out of no where, with no warning, and when it made its presence known it completely consumed my attention. My rear view mirror filled with an ominous black framing a giant intercooler. It flew by me before I could even decipher what it was. But that giant carbon fiber wing gave it away the moment it became visible thru my windshield. It was an Evo. Blacked out windows. Blacked out rims. It was as black as black could be. The reflective shimmer of the carbon fiber wing was the only not pitch black thing about it. Even the badges were shaved. But who needs the Evolution badge to know what they’re looking at?

It flew by, paying no attention to me in my dirty blue Civic hatch I borrowed to work in. In my SVT Focus I may have gotten a twinge of attention but in this POS I got nothing. So this is what it feels like to be on the other side; to be part of the obstacle course but not part of the game. Oh how I miss being one of them. So much of my life is spent in the drivers’ seat. Everything is better when you have a good car. It’s a whole different life. A life I used to live, but now it only exists in my memories and fantasies.

He was leaving my little commuter world as fast as he came. I didn’t want to let him go. I know I can’t be part of that world,… but if I could just watch it,…. If I could just be next to it,… Without conscience thought I changed driving modes and began my struggle to keep up. I downshifted into third. ****! That’s not good enough. I went into second,…. Then third,…. I dropped to the right lane, then to the middle, then to the right again and then all the way over to the left lane behind him on this 3 lane freeway. He got stuck behind someone so I caught up. Does he know I’m onto him? I can’t tell. I was right behind him. I turned the stereo off and cranked down the window. (God I hate manual windows!) I knew it was there. I just wanted to hear it. C’mon,….. I know you’ve got it,… give it too me!!!!! And then he did.

We spell it like “Pshhhhh” but I think it’s more K than P. I was begging for that sound and he gave it to me,…. KSSHHHHHH! My heart raced. My fingers clenched so tight around the steering wheel I had white lines in the palms of my hands. My right foot hit the floor of that crappy Civic and I stopped breathing. I was giving it all I had just so I wouldn’t lose that black sexy beast. Thanks to other traffic I caught up. I made it! I was victorious! I kept up for maybe 2 minutes then he lost me again.

I struggled. I fought. I missed my exit. I knew it was coming. I saw it coming. But I just couldn’t break away from this Evo. The emotion it had already stirred up in me was too brief and too beautiful to let it just drive away. I skipped my exit and kept going. The third lane and the bulk of the traffic left at the last exit. There was barely enough traffic left to necessitate weaving. And then I saw him up ahead. My holy grail with all wheel drive. Every thought concerning the preservation of my perfect driving record melted away and I floored it. I was right behind him again. We got stuck behind another pack of traffic and I took the opportunity to molest that shiny black *** with my eyes. My imagination went wild with fantasies of the image in my own rear view mirror being bisected by a plane of carbon fiber. The sweet sound of his downshift snapped me back into reality just as a hole in traffic opened up and he took off again. I couldn’t bear the thought of it all being over. I forced the Civic into every gap he switched into. A tow rope couldn’t have kept me closer to him. But then we cleared the pack and he widened the gap between us. There was nothing I could do. I gave it all I had but just couldn’t keep up.

Once again I pushed the Civic to its limits in my attempts to catch up. And then I saw his brake lights. There was nobody in front of him so it had to be a cop. I slowed down too and scanned both sides of the freeway, and everywhere a cop could possibly be hiding. I saw nothing. He held his speed and I cautiously crept up on him until I ruled out the possibility of a cop, then I floored it again until I caught up. I got right up next to him and looked over. There was nothing to see. The windows were so dark I couldn’t even make out a silhouette of a driver. I was in the right lane, he was in the left, and the next exit was ¼ mile away. He dropped down to 70mph in this 65 zone. I suspected he was waiting for me to move so he could take the exit. I slowed down even more because if he’s gonna take that exit I wanna take it behind him. There are twisties off that exit and if he’s going into them I want to watch.

I dropped the Civic into third to reduce my speed and give him plenty of room to cut across in front of me and take the exit, and to give me enough power to keep up with him if he did. But he didn’t take it. He kept going. We sped back up to about 75 with him still in the left lane and me about 2 car lengths behind him on the right. I just skipped another exit that would have brought me home. I glanced at the clock and calculated that I could keep going without coming home so late that it would cause my family to worry. I rode along watching the orange of the setting sun skitter across the contours of this beautiful monster. “If I could just touch it” I thought to myself. And then he cut in front of me. There were no other cars out here. It was just us. He gave it a rev that seemed to serve no purpose other than to let me hear the turbo, then rode along in an undetermined lower gear. The sound made my whole body shiver and my heart raced again. I cracked a big goofy smile that nobody could see. Then he took off again. The awesome power of the thing reminded me of how feeble I felt in this economy hatch. He left me a quarter mile behind in a quick and effortless motion. I could see ahead and there was nothing in front of us that would slow him down. At this point it’s down to pure horsepower and he’s got me beat by a long shot. It looks like my Evo encounter is about to end, and a sensation of grief washed over me. But my desperation to hold on to the experience was so strong I mashed the throttle so hard you’d think I was trying to push thru the firewall.

Miraculously I started gaining on him. He’s let off a bit. My mind was so consumed with not losing the Evo that I was surprised when I realized I had exceeded the triple digit mark that I’d promised myself I wouldn’t break for the sake of personal gratification. I backed down to about 85, watching carefully for cops and monitoring my progress on catching up with the Evo, which I was still making. I’m getting closer to him and the next exit, which also has twisties right off it. This time I’m gonna keep my distance. I’m feeling conflict now. I want him to take the exit. I need to go home at some point. I can’t show up two hours late and use “But I was following an Evo” as an excuse. But on the other hand the experience is sending those wonderful drugs coursing through my veins and I’m a junkie. No, it’s worse than that. I’m a junkie in withdrawal against my will. At this point I’m powerless. I can’t bring myself to break away. I finally catch up and take my place in the right lane behind him. And with the two of us in this position we cruise past the exit.

We’re beyond my realm of road knowledge now. There’s so much to explore near my home that I have yet to venture this far. All exits beyond here are new to me. He erupts yet again. The plug the traffic lemmings had created about a mile ahead of us was a phenomenon I’ve never viewed as my savior until this moment. He hit it long before I did, but even an Evo is no match for a pack of mindless drivers who are concerned only with continuance and have no regard for progress. Once again I was riding that sweet ***. And then the order of the lemmings shifted and I somehow managed to get in front of him. I stared the whole car down as I went past it. From wing to intercooler it captured me and I couldn’t look away. With a lustful intensity I watched it move from my windshield, through the passenger side window, and then into my rear view mirror. If vision could devour a thing I just did it. I was in the lead. But this wasn’t a competition so there was no sense of victory in this fact. I wanted it back in front of me. A pathetic Honda downshift slowed me to being parallel to him with a sufficient gap in front of me. I looked intently into the black mass that would have normally been the view of a driver, and nodded to the gap in front of me. He immediately pounced on the opportunity and I backed off a little more so as to not be rudely tailgating. We had resumed our positions in the faster of the two lanes.

The slowness of our pack allowed me the opportunity to reach over and roll down the passenger side window. I was preparing for the audible splendor that I knew was about to come. There was only one car left in the right lane to pass and then it would be clear again. He downshifted in preparation and so did I. I was frustrated that the obnoxious sound of the Civic struggling to gain acceleration would drown out the orgasmic scream of the Evo escaping the pent up anxiety of the pack. And then it happened. He dropped to the right lane, passed the last car in the pack, and played a spooling symphony for me to hear as I watched him escape my capabilities.

There’s no longer any questioning if he knows what I’m doing. The only possible perplexity he may have is why. People trying to show their **** is a common occurrence but a freeway stalker is a rarity, and I’ve made it clear that I’m not trying to win anything so I don’t fall into the first category. What are the odds of a girl in an econo-****box having enough of a fascination with an Evo to attempt to keep up just for the viewing pleasure? Pretty damned slim. So slim that he would have ruled the possibility out if it weren’t for my persistence. But this time when I pushed that Civic to its limits just to stay in range of him I’m confident he finally figured it out. He let off again and was gracious enough to let me catch up with him.

He decelerated to a painful pace and I resumed my position behind him. Then he slowed down to such an extreme that even though he’s got to know by now that I have no tricks under my hatch he seemed to be telling me it’s my turn to take the lead. As humiliating as it was I did it. This is the order of things. It’s the right thing to do. I dropped into second. Topped it out,… topped out third, then fourth, then I think he finally got board with my low powered antics because he flew by me again. WirrrrRRRR, Kkksshhhh. I ran my tongue across my bottom lip being sure that I would taste blood after how hard I just bit it. He was out of my range. I can’t figure out if he’s playing with my emotions or just showing off. If I could actually see the expressions on the face of this driver it would help but he’s denied me this basic privilege.

He did it again,… slowed down, let me catch up, then left me in the dust once more. At this point I’m starting to feel like that sorry bastard who’s trying to get in the car just as his friend takes off. Then runs after the stopped car and tries again, and he takes off again. I’ve come across a lot of automotive *******s in my time but the beauty of this car, and the fact that he’s let me stick around this long left me wanting to believe he wasn’t one of them.

The cat and mouse game goes on. He slows down, lets me catch up and creep ahead, and then leaves me behind again. He’s really starting to **** me off but that car is so damned alluring that in spite of it all I can’t bring myself to let it go. I don’t like being some stranger’s ego boosting plaything. I wish I could retaliate but I can’t. He’s serving me a cocktail of euphoria and resentment and all I can do is suck it up and beg for another one. It’s about the time when I should be coming home and we’re a good 30 minutes away from my house in the opposite direction. A sign pops up and we’re 1 mile from the next exit.

I can’t really say that it’s his fault but I’m angry. He can’t possibly know my necessity to keep watching the Evo move; to listen to it breathe. The consequences of my actions are getting worse and worse by the minute but he’s go me captured. As much as I needed to break away I couldn’t do it. I’d follow it to Montana if things didn’t change. He’s got me snared in a net that I can’t escape. If he would just take off and leave me behind I’d call it an end, but he’s stringing me along. He’s toying with me. It’s just not right that any average Joe can finance a $30,000 vehicle and have so much power over me as a result of it. I’m a victim of my own automotive lust and at this point I’m confident that he knows, and he’s abusing the influence he has over me. I was wrong. We were never playing in traffic together. He was just playing with me. The hook is set. No matter how hard I try I can’t escape and I can’t turn away. I’m a boost ***** and he’s my pusher. I’m insatiable. I’m defenseless. As long as he keeps giving it to me I’ll keep going.

His right blinker came on and I was somewhere between relief and anxiety. I don’t know what’s off this exit. I guess this is the time I find out. He downshifted through each gear and I listened to catch every shift point,… fourth, third, second,… he made it all the way down to 30mph before I saw brake lights. We slowed to a crawl and he came to a complete stop in front of me. GOD DAMN THAT CAR IS BEAUTIFUL! We’re running parallel to the river in The Columbia Gorge and that means there’s only one direction to go from here, and it’s up. Up mountains, and there’s no such thing as a straight road up these mountains. I came to a complete stop at the same sign just in time to hear the Evo howl as it took off up the mountain.

I smoked the tires and took off just in time to watch the *** of the Evo sliding into the opposing lane around the first corner. Considering this is an Evo that had to be just for show. I hit the same corner at full speed, downshifted, pulled the e brake to slide the back out and counter the understeer of the Civic, let out the clutch, then floored it just after the apex to bring the car back around and head up the straight stretch in second. I hit the top of second gear and had to brake for the next corner before third gear had a chance. The engine slowed enough to let me hear the squeal of the Evo’s tires and bov as he went around a corner I couldn’t even see. I sped up again, pulled the e brake on the next corner and found myself gazing straight into the trees to the right of the hairpin as I slid perpendicular to the lines of the road. With a gentle countersteer I regained traction at the end of the corner and kept going in second. Second was perfect for the Civic to be in as I hit the abrupt, straight incline ahead and made enough progress to get closer to the Evo. As much as I wanted to see this car tear up the twisties it became clear to me that I don’t have the proper car to safely do so. It was against my will and better judgment but my body persisted. The motions of the struggle were happening and I lacked the power to stop them. “I don’t even know this road! I don’t drive like this on roads I don’t know.” I was no more than 20 feet away from him when we hit the next corner. His brake lights lit up for a brief moment and then he tore into the corner without even a skid. I, however, had to slide the Civic, which costed more time than I would have liked. I slid around the corner just in time to see yet another corner. I slowed down not knowing the degree of the corner and made it through just fine. And then I heard a terrible sound.

It was the sound of gravel flying. My heart stopped. A chill so strong it wiped out the heat of the moment washed over me. I was terrified. Please don’t let that be the sound of the Evo losing it! Please don’t let him be one of those guys who exceeded their skill level for the sake of showing off. As intriguing as this driver is I don’t want to get acquainted with him while I’m driving him to the emergency room. I slowed way down and made the next turn and there he was, sitting in a patch of gravel on the side of the road. I breathed a sigh of relief just as he took off in front of me. He had actually stopped to allow me to catch up. I wasn’t sure if I should love him for being OK (and for being able to continue) or hate him for scaring me. Even though he had a running start on me I took a moment to glance at the beautiful tread marks he had left in the gravel patch. And then it occurred to me: I’ve done this to other people in Bettie before. In fact, I think I’ve even posted about it.

We were back on. I followed his glorious ribbon of dust and tire smoke through the next corner. I couldn’t see his corner exit but I could hear that it was a thing of wonder. With windows down and a shut mouth I took in a deep breath to suck in the smell of fuel and burnt rubber. I made my way around the next corner and watched him approach a set of gentle S curves. He was following the line of the road, which is something I would have done if I wasn’t following a faster car. I cut straight through them to gain on him. I saw his brakes light up right before a left turn and decided if he’s braking for it I should too. It was another hairpin, and even though I got the Civic slideways the lane was wide enough that I didn’t cross the line. I swear heroin couldn’t give me something better than this!

I cleared the corner and hit a straight stretch. I couldn’t see him anymore. In fact, I couldn’t even hear him. There were a couple driveways off the road and it occurred to me that maybe he lived off one of one of them. And then I hit a four way stop sign. That’s it. He’s gone. Play time is over. It’s time to head back in.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow.. long story... pretty awesome how a girls so in love with an evo... good story good luck on your mysterious guy.. I need to find someone like you on the road.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Yeahh with driving skills like that, It had to be me. LMAO
Old Oct 18, 2004, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

what the hell, lol. you'd be a good author.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, are there any girls like you in NC? If there are, I'm marying them right damn now.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thats the longest post I've ever seen!
Old Oct 18, 2004, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inphluence
wow.. long story... pretty awesome how a girls so in love with an evo... good story good luck on your mysterious guy.. I need to find someone like you on the road.
Ditto. If I was the guy, I would just stop and give you a ride if you ask me. Im not trying to hook up with you but since you been following me that long, making new friends will be a good idea and it will not be a waste of time for both of us. Just dont want everyone to think I'm playing with them on the road when driving in high speed. I don't even race anyone on the freeway when I'm on my evo cause I dont have anything to prove. Hope you find your evo man, miss fantasy girl.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

So long this story, you should make a video top keep us with short attention span around. Maybe you should be more specific on the event (where, when) and maybe your mystery car driver will appear!
Old Oct 18, 2004, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Is this an essay for school? I've never seen a post this long with grammer and spelling o.k. You must be a girl!
Old Oct 18, 2004, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

Sadly, I've done the same thing before I had my evo. I would chase them down and gawk at their beauty. Hell, I'm still so infactuated I still chase other evo owners down whenever I see them.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

could you re-phrase that?
Old Oct 18, 2004, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

That is one long post. I have had many cars follow me, but I never take off to far so they always catch up and end up talking to me about the car. I've even some people rides and I have no clue who they are.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

that was a crazy post. the evo had the edge on this girl, but pulling ebrakes on roads you dont know sounds like she is a hell of a driver. i am way impressed. i've only had mine about 2 months, so it wasnt me +plus mine is blue, but i know where you are talking about, i have been up those roads a few times. good luck.

ps- i think i love you.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly I would stop her just to hook up with her, any girl that can drive like, you can have all my stuff, I am yours.....
Old Oct 18, 2004, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

i drive a white evo and i got brown hair lets get hitched! :-)

oh yea and i live 3000+ miles away lol

Quick Reply: New girl seeking THAT driver