Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

CS6A Complete AWD swap | FWD OZ Rally converted to AWD via Outlander/EVO 9

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 01:02 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by R/Asportback
Ive been following this guys build for AWHILE now , i have a ralliart wagon im probably going to convert to a evo using what doncarbone's doing😁😁 , im gonna start collecting parts for the body first. Cant wait to see how the car comes out doncarbone!
I have been searching craigslist for a ralliart wagon every since I read this thread lol
I was thinking the rear can be done with one of the evo 8/9 wide body over fenders.

If you need any of the ct9w (evo wagon) rear bumpers or spoiler and you will also need those plastic molding around the tail lights I can get those for you.

image hosting over 2mb
Old Dec 17, 2014, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Ive been following this guys build for AWHILE now , i have a ralliart wagon im probably going to convert to a evo using what doncarbone's doing😁😁 , im gonna start collecting parts for the body first. Cant wait to see how the car comes out doncarbone!
thanks, will be interesting to see how it turns out on a wagon!! and would definitely make for a crazy sleeper
Old Dec 25, 2014, 02:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by apoopoo999
I have been searching craigslist for a ralliart wagon every since I read this thread lol
I was thinking the rear can be done with one of the evo 8/9 wide body over fenders.

If you need any of the ct9w (evo wagon) rear bumpers or spoiler and you will also need those plastic molding around the tail lights I can get those for you.

image hosting over 2mb
Wow really?!! that was my biggest worry, finding those plastic peices and the rear bumper , and yea im planning on doing evo over fenders. I saw that a fellow evo m memeber had converted his ra sedan to a evo body, using evo over fenders.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Wow really?!! that was my biggest worry, finding those plastic peices and the rear bumper , and yea im planning on doing evo over fenders. I saw that a fellow evo m memeber had converted his ra sedan to a evo body, using evo over fenders.
That is a crazy amount of body work, but if I'm thinking of the same guys as you, they definitely did a good job and they did the rear with the wide body EVO fenders. Is it this thread you were referring to: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...body-kit.html?

Keeping the lines symmetrical and building up the rear doors is probably the most challenging part.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 10:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by doncarbone
That is a crazy amount of body work, but if I'm thinking of the same guys as you, they definitely did a good job and they did the rear with the wide body EVO fenders. Is it this thread you were referring to: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...body-kit.html?

Keeping the lines symmetrical and building up the rear doors is probably the most challenging part.
Yea thats the one i was talking about 😂 they did do an amazing job though
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where and how much?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ive been following this guys build for AWHILE now , i have a ralliart wagon im probably going to convert to a evo using what doncarbone's doing���� , im gonna start collecting parts for the body first. Cant wait to see how the car comes out doncarbone!
I can't verify, and I don't know if I dreamed it, but does the Sportback share the pan from an Outlander?

If so the conversion may be a little easier...

Also too, I have a wrecked R/A Sportback that we can pull apart if you want to dissect a car.

Last edited by Resurrected RA; Jan 3, 2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Lets not hijack doncarbone's thread, if anyone has wagon related questions or suggestions, we can talk about it in this thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/pr...l#post11370363
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Lets not hijack doncarbone's thread, if anyone has wagon related questions or suggestions, we can talk about it in this thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/pr...l#post11370363
lol it's all good man
Old Jan 29, 2015, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possibly a stupid question but, why did you need an 05-06 outlander instead of any first gen (since it ran 03-06)
Old Jan 29, 2015, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ATM Blazin
Possibly a stupid question but, why did you need an 05-06 outlander instead of any first gen (since it ran 03-06)
In Canada the 05 and 06 outlanders came with an awd + 5spd manual option. The first one I found happened to be an 06 so i went for it, but seeing as i'm using an EVO 9 transmission anyway, it wouldn't have mattered, as long as the rear subframe is of the same spec.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 06:16 AM

@doncarbone any updates
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rawman72
@doncarbone any updates
I'm waiting on others to get me parts required to progress further.

Currently I'm waiting on my rebuilt 5spd EVO tranny and t-case from T.R.E. Jon as anyone who's dealt with him knows, does fantastic work but takes a long *** time and is sometimes really difficult to get ahold of. The tranny and t-case were at his shop late November, 2014. The most recent update I've received is that they are both 100% done now and ready to be shipped out, as of Tuesday, February 17, 2015. All he needs to do now is give me the FedEx bill so I can get them shipped out. He might need a few weeks to do that though

Once I have the new tranny and t-case, I'll get those into the car, get the DS made and the axles built.

I got tired of waiting for the drivetrain parts and started stripping down the engine for the rebuild and DOHC conversion. I've also stripped out most of the parts in the engine bay, cleaned it all and am prepping for seam welding. We'll be doing that to the inside of the unibody, spot welding in many locations and bracing as well (fenders, floor, trunk etc). On top of that we're doing a roll bar.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

FINALLY AN UPDATE

This past week the 5spd EVO transmission and 04 RS transfer case (non-acd w/ oem LSD) I had T.R.E. re-build arrived. Both of these were shipped direct to Team Rip in Michigan from different sellers, so this is the first I've seen them, and actually the first time I've ever seen an EVO tranny and t-case in person. The brand new components, glass beaded surfaces and burnt orange oil coolers definitely make for a nice first impression .

I took some pictures of them up against their Outlander counterparts. The t-cases are very similar from the exterior as you can see, but the EVO t-case is noticeably heavier.

The transmissions have their similarities but the EVO 5spd is clearly much larger.

Attachment 328616

Attachment 328617

CS6A Complete AWD swap | FWD OZ Rally converted to AWD via Outlander/EVO 9-ifo8zsj.jpg

Attachment 328619

Attachment 328620

Attachment 328621

Attachment 328622

Attachment 328623

Attachment 328624

Attachment 328625
overt brand whoring, no shame
Old Apr 7, 2015, 09:45 PM

Wow, I plan to do this a similar swap to my 01 Mirage w/ 4g93 AT....still seeking more info...tho...but you're doing an awesome job. keep us posted!!

Quick Reply: CS6A Complete AWD swap | FWD OZ Rally converted to AWD via Outlander/EVO 9