Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

CMS Performance: Houston

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's nothing in it. The transfer case is out.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:32 PM

Tcase isn't on there.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ever find the cause of the blown engine?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:54 AM

It was a spun rod bearing.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh ok cool. i thought they towed on 2 wheels when the first motor let go.

In terms of what could've caused it to lock up. Not sure.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:31 PM

The car rolled out of the shop where it was being kept just fine. Brakes worked great. The paddle was a bit stiff but no fluids. The wheels are cambered as well. I kept yelling at my boyfriend to turn the wheel straight cause I saw that the wheel was turned towards me. The drivers side was straight not the passenger side. If you move the wheels, one pops.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:07 PM

I'm done with this piece. Who wants to buy an Evo?! Lol All it needs now is to be put together!
Old Feb 8, 2014, 02:47 PM

Cms

They are a very very half a$$ shop that I let work on my DSM a few years back. They totally messed up my DSM when I let them do headgasket job and cams. They actually had my balance shaft 180 outta phase and they headgasket never sealed. Took my car to Mike Collins @ FIST racing and they did an amazing job fixing all the stuff they screwed up.

CMS is an absolute scam of a shady shop!

Here is the longer version of what happened posted in DSM Tuners. I'm still pissed with them as they would never take responsibility for there screwed up workmanship!

I have to put this out there for those who still think they can cut corners and save money taking their DSM to a budget shop.. DON"T DO IT!!

I speak from exprience here.. I have known about FIST for yrs and have talked to MIKE many times when I had issues with my DSM that I would then try to fix myself,or have a "Mechanic Buddy" help me do it. Recently I had another shop in town who appeared to offer better pricing do a motor swap for me and later do a HG job for me. Prehaps you have heard of CMS?? Well after the motor swap I noticed a lot of issues immediately .ie (Battery not bolted down, various bolts missing one for the suspension bad clunking noise, and the car ran pretty rough.) When I called the shop CMS, I had a very difficult time getting anyone on the phone so I would have to borrow other peoples cell phones as they would see my number and ignore me quite a bit. (Bad sign) Anyway when my "Newly rebuilt motor" had only 4000 miles the headgasket failed. I went to see Mike for a quote and then made a very costly mistake.. I gave CMS another chance to fix it.
Oh they gave me a cheaper price to do it of course but the 1st time I came to pick it up the car ran like $#it. I called them several times but could never pin them down to a time when they could check it out. Now the car had some cams but it shook bad and vibrated my teeth loose at high rpms so I knew something was up with the balance shaft probably being out of phase. The vibrations caused all sorts of bolts to fall out (almost lost my oil filter).. And I had to open my hood every drive to play the game whats wrong with this picture. I called Mike at Fist but at the time he was moving his shop so I went to Power Fab who asked me guess what " Did you talk to Mike at Fist" lol. Anyway after this the car started showing signs of a HG leak by pushing coolant and the Temp gauge would go up past the middle area so I tried various attempts to fix the symptoms changing the Rad Cap / Thermostat/ and wiring up the 2 fans to come on together. Did not work. I finally found Mike at his new shop Collins Automotive and brought him the car.
Mike has the car about done now and has found a laundry list of things that had been totally half a$$ed by that joke of a shop CMS..

1) The block still had pieces of the old headgasket stuck to it after removal of the new Cometic one.. (Hmmm is cleaning the block really necessary in a HG job..Only if you want it to seal right?)

2) The pin that hold the cams in place was missing but instead a bolt was seen where the pin goes.. (It is a softer metal that would have eventually failed causing havoc with the timing and messing up the head.)

3) The balance shaft was indeed out of phase (250$) retimed prior to Mike getting the car, CMS kept saying we never touched the balance shaft belt..duh but you did remove the timing belt which does affect the rear balance shaft!!

4)The Timing belt ,pullys and tensioners did not look new, CMS had charged me for all those parts.

5) Autolite spark plugs were used?? Really where did my NGKs go??

6) I could go on an on as Mike found no gasket from Turbo to J pipe ( slight Boost leak eh) crappy injector seals leaking, and a front main seal leaking..already on a 6500 mile rebuild?? My altenator belt seemed to have been switched out with a old used one.. A bolt missing from tranny housing causing clutch shudder ..etc etc..

So again I have to say.. If you want it done right..Don't let anybody but Mike at Collins Automotive (F.I.S.T.) do the work. Stay away from
butcher shops ie: C.M.S. You will end up paying more $$ ### they don't give a dump if they *uck up your DSM.

Last edited by psychbiker1966; Feb 8, 2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 06:06 AM

If neade good platform for Internet shop for sell auto parts. Plase show Zapscript Net.
It is CMS can:
Automatik downloade price list, auto margine and etc.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 08:04 AM

Old

I know this is a very old thread but I'd like to give an update. I ended up rebuilding the damn car and about $15k later, parts and labor and retune, I sold the car. Huge headache and I never got a response from CMS. I gave up on that horrible place. Now I'm searching for a new Evo. Preferably an Evo9 MR in electric blue or graphic grey. So hard to find now...
Old Sep 15, 2016, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by byebyesubbie
I know this is a very old thread but I'd like to give an update. I ended up rebuilding the damn car and about $15k later, parts and labor and retune, I sold the car. Huge headache and I never got a response from CMS. I gave up on that horrible place. Now I'm searching for a new Evo. Preferably an Evo9 MR in electric blue or graphic grey. So hard to find now...
Good on your for sticking with the brand. At least this time you have a better idea of what to keep an eye out for.

Good luck on your search!