Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Another EPL Stage 3 S4 with Aquamist HFS-1 installed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2008, 12:25 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Another EPL Stage 3 S4 with Aquamist HFS-1 installed

I know it's not an evo, but the kit is the same and it WORKS! Thought I'd share my install with y'all...

I just finished up installing another Aquamist HFS-1 Alcohol/Water injection system in Mike Cooper's EPL Stage3 S4. The car previously put down 340whp/390wtq on a local *VERY* low reading Dyno Dynamics dyno on K04 turbos. Now it will be breaking 360whp/430wtq with ease. Here's some pics from the install:

Tapping the stock IC pipes:

Installed 2x injection mounts filled with 2x .7mm nozzles, one in each pipe for about 630cc's of total injection goodness:

And re-installed in the car:

Then back to the flow meter and on/off valve mounted under the ECU:

I kept all wiring and tubing runs as clean and tidy as possible:

'Fabbing' up the tank mount:

Pump is mounted under tank nice and sturdy, and wiring loom and 8mm tubing is run though some braided nylon tubing for extra protection:

What alcohol injection system officer?

2.5 gallon tank fits perfectly behind this little door, just love how clean this looks:

Mid install, all wires run to where they need to go, time to connect it all together:

Once everything is tidied up, looks a little more like this, with plenty of excess wire for gauge relocation in the future:

'Temp' mount that seems to last forever for most guys

It's 2am, Mike just left with a BIG smile on his face! Install went awesome, cut the **** out of my hand because these things are b1tches like that WHy do you think they call them OWWDIES?
Old Oct 28, 2008, 12:59 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you have PM sir.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 02:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Spotless install - very nice.

What is EPL Stage3 S4 , audi? Do you have a picture of the pump location?
Old Oct 28, 2008, 07:26 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh no! I forgot to install the pump! LOL! I knew I forgot SOMETHING!

Actually I forgot to take a pic of it while the tank was out, but it is mounted in the cavity just beneath the tank. I simply drilled two holes in the chassis seam that is there and mounted the pump through them. Perfect fit, and when a little less empty, the tank is super easy to take out by just loosening two nuts.

EPL = European Performance Labs based out of CT. Tony is the owner and he flies all over the country doing custom tunes on audis, vw's, and porsches. He says that most cars that leave his shop nowadays have Aquamist on them, just great bang for you buck for these cars. Stage 3 is upgraded turbos (just to K04's but they do the deed), bigger injectors and a bigger maf housing. The car is SUPER torquey, easily making 400wtq at a flick of the pedal. This car also has full exhaust, an uprated clutch, etc. This sounds like basic stuff, but when you have to basically pull the motor out to install turbos or downpipes.....it gets spendy QUICK!
Old Oct 28, 2008, 10:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice install Scheides!

Evan Smith
Old Nov 11, 2008, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scheides
EPL = European Performance Labs based out of CT. Tony is the owner and he flies all over the country doing custom tunes on audis, vw's, and porsches. He says that most cars that leave his shop nowadays have Aquamist on them, just great bang for you buck for these cars. Stage 3 is upgraded turbos (just to K04's but they do the deed), bigger injectors and a bigger maf housing. The car is SUPER torquey, easily making 400wtq at a flick of the pedal. This car also has full exhaust, an uprated clutch, etc. This sounds like basic stuff, but when you have to basically pull the motor out to install turbos or downpipes.....it gets spendy QUICK!
to tony and dave. and to where i spend some of my weekends hanging out haha
Old Nov 13, 2008, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, just saw this thread. Very nice install. That spot you picked for the water tank is perfect. A picture of how your pump was mounted would have been great, just kidding. I know what it's like to try and stop to take pictures when your so involved in getting your project done. Enjoy your new power .
Old Nov 13, 2008, 11:38 AM

Clean job