Notices
02-03 Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Little show and no shine... yet.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little show and no shine... yet.

The paint on my car is so bad now so I don't like to take pictures of the outside

But at least it sounds fantastic.

I was wondering what you all thought about the custom grill covers me and my friend came up with for the rear since my car was lacking them after purchase

If you can't tell already, they are made out of 3/4" mdf. The tweeter is actually mounted into the cover we made and them we placed the after market grills that came with my speakers over a hole we cut and also put some layers of screen under that to darken it up. I am overall satisfied with our product

... and before anyone asks, yes there are saddles and hay in my garage. We have two horses.

Last edited by eusgen; Apr 19, 2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Heres a few extra upgrades, I recently got some black cedia headlights and a ebay jdm grill to freshen up the front of the car a bit and give it a more aggressive look. The old headlights barely worked anymore.

For kicks, heres the origional headlights and grill and my 18's (lol) -

New headlight -

Old grill with new headlights -

New grill with new headlights (looking better...) -

Here a few comparison shots between the OEM grill and the ebay JDM grill.

My review... the grill is kinda weak and should not be used when lifting the hood. I would also recommend getting a better pair of "nuts" to hold it to the hood cause mine like to loosen; I am lazy and have not gotten anything to replace them yet.
Old May 9, 2011, 12:37 PM

Hey Eusgen, what kind of headlights are those? Very nice.-
Old May 9, 2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by GLergy
Hey Eusgen, what kind of headlights are those? Very nice.-

Nevermind, saw your sig. Thanks
Old May 9, 2011, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
those aint real cedias btw.. these are http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/z...0/58050f95.jpg

thy doo look nice tho ...
Old May 10, 2011, 04:48 AM

where did you get that grill from? I want one
Old May 10, 2011, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ill send u a pm lloyd03oz
Old Dec 7, 2012, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Took me almost two years, about a year to build up the courage to actually do the body work myself, but my car is going to be "finished" soon; as far as body and looks go

You can see when I first bought my car it looked relatively decent paint wise (cept the bumpers which are not painted of course) but within a few months the clear coat peel got really bad. Within about a year and a half the entire roof was bare of any clear coat.

Currently I am trying to get all the clear coat flake/peel off and get some primer down on the whole car to be ready for paint.

Some work we did:

Rear left tail quarter panel had some pretty extensive damage from a previous crash.

So me and my friend took a pneumatic cutting wheel and got to work.

Here is a night photo of the completed job, not the best work in the world but it is considerably better than it was. Critique away.

Some day photos:

Last edited by eusgen; Dec 7, 2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Put in a Evo cluster recently, got it off of Ebay for $99 and the picture showed a 03-04 non-ACD type cluster but I received a 05-06 ACD style cluster. At least it was cheap right?

After I installed it and drove at night I realized the right side of the cluster wasnt lighting up and overall it was quite dimmer compared to the OZ Rally cluster. I also noticed the plastic surround around the gauges was grey with a silver lining (which I kinda liked) but I am going for the blacked out batmobile look with my car. Also noticed the OZ cluster has a black surround so I swapped those out. When I replaced the bulb on the Evo cluster I used the bulb from the OZ cluster cause I had it lying around and I noticed the evo bulbs have a White cover over the bulb that let very little light through while the OZ ones had a Red cover and was somewhat transparent.

LOVE IT

Last edited by eusgen; Dec 7, 2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Also did some carbon fiber vinyl work to the interior to spice it up.

I want to note this stuff was not easy for me to use. From my brief experience with it I can tell you flat surfaces are best and anything that has too many angles is going to be a real pain in the *** to wrap.

Last edited by eusgen; Dec 7, 2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:14 AM

nice man. ^^
Be sure to keep your page updated. i would love to see more.
I did not think the 3m dinoc wrap was hard to use, well, at first i think it was but it isn't so bad once you get used to it.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Just got a hold of the guys over at DipYourCar.com and they have my matte black gallons in . I live about an hour away from their store in Coral Springs, FL so I am going to drive down there Monday to pick up their pro car kit.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/product.p...&cat=23&page=1

Price is normally $299 but I paid $240 because of a black friday 20% special. I decided to go this route because my car has been in an accident on almost every corner of my car and it will never look "perfect". Hope to get it painted before Christmas as a present to myself.

Here are some pictures of how she sits as of today:

As you can see in the front the gap between the hood and the headlight (to the left of the grill) is messed up. Also the rear left tail light still sits close to the trunk as well.

Then there's the roof...

... looks like the surface of the moon.

I have not decided what I want to do with the roof yet, try to take off roof liner and try to knock the dents back out? or slap a poop ton of filler in there? :/

Last edited by eusgen; Dec 7, 2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 07:20 AM

so what is the deal with this plastic dip stuff? never used it before.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

The deal? It is pretty easy to use and if you mess up somehow you can just peel it off and redo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPdQtlrgHWU

Could literally have something new every week if you wanted to spend the time/money.

A lot of people here use it for their rims because they can go back to stock look any time.

Last edited by eusgen; Dec 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Have a flu, so exhausted... got the dip on today. Pretty happy with the results but it hasn't left the garage yet. Will take it out tomorrow when the sun comes up for some proper photos.

The plasti dip had literally no over spray at all it was very nice to work with.

Prep:

Finished:

Quick Reply: Little show and no shine... yet.