Notices
02-03 Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My 02 OZ Rally lancer. Needs lots more work.

Old Jun 18, 2013, 06:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
See here's my problem. A couple people told me that if I did that, it would leak because of body twist. So I don't know anymore...
Old Jun 18, 2013, 07:17 PM

On a side note, my friend works for a graphics design company and could make me a few free stickers. I have a few ideas. This being one. would prolly be a different font and colors. And another one that he is in the process of designing. But what do you guys think about that one?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stickers as in small vinyls? Or do you mean large graphic ones. I think 'lancer' would make a better graphic then a sticker, My opinion. I think the 'lancer' lettering on our trunks look nice enough, could always change those too like I did for my cf trunk.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 06:40 AM

I'm meaning like a window decal. Or something like that. I like the lettering on my car. I'm just thinking of making like a window decal.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jamonroe
Get a JDM ralliart grill, shave that trunk (leave the and paint it red), and get the Depo tails that match your headlights.

Those are just my personal tastes and is pretty much what I have done to my yellow OZ... still just enough to turn heads of the sales reps at my local Mitsu dealer lol. Although I am still waiting on japanparts.com to ship my ralliart JDM grill that I had ordered a week ago
Old Jun 24, 2013, 06:36 AM

I think I would go with a mesh grill and a big Mitsubishi symbol in the center when I change it. I like my badges, so i think I'm going to keep them, but I will definitely get the tail lights to match. If I ever get money that is.

But thank you for the ideas.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:02 PM

If I get my engine in my parts car sold to the guy that's interested, I will b buying, well looking into, getting a new mesh grill and emblem, or an Evo spoiler. Haven't decide quite yet.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

I say get the grill and lose the spoiler all together! hehe
Old Jun 27, 2013, 08:00 AM

But I like the spoiler. I'm not a huge fan of no spoiler. I've seen a bunch that look good without them. But I think I like my car more with it. Lol. But I think I have decided to go with the grill though for sure.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

So... how is the rear seat in the parts car? lol might be interested in buying it as it seems like my best bet might be to just get a whole new rear seat or 'steal' the section of cushion I need from a beat up seat and put it in mine hehe.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 07:12 AM

One, the guy that owned it before me did some upholstery work. He made sections of it red suede crap... It's uglier than sin. And then the guy busted on of the rear door windows and tried to seal it with duck tape and cardboard.. The first day it rained, it soaked the seat... But I mean if you are still interested we can work something out...
Old Jul 9, 2013, 09:48 AM

I will b selling my parts car engine soon. So now I'm thinking about either getting an Evo wing, new grille, some tint, or looking into some exhaust upgrades.. What do u guys think would b a better route to go for now?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 09:49 AM

And possibly looking into a new hood also. and plasti dipping my rims also.. Haven't decided on if I should plasti dip my rims, and if I do what color
Old Jul 10, 2013, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

Honestly if you have never dipped before i recommend using black first. It is the best for wheels because you don't even need to tape off the tire or worry about overspray (assuming you took the wheels off the car LOL). The black plastdip just kinda of "blends" into the blackness of the tire and you don't even see it but it will peel off on its own as the tire stretches while you drive it around. If you decide later you want a different color you can leave the black on there and just dip over it (which is better, because with dip, thicker is always better). If you do want to use a color I would recommend trying to tape/plastic off the tire from the wheel because it will be next to impossible to remove ALL the dip from inside the wheels 'engraved' lettering, etc.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 11:59 AM

the speakers in my car were making a buzzing sound. I was told by a good friend that is huge into car audio stuff, that the speakers couldn't handle the power and volume I want to play them at. so we ordered some new ones. there is the difference between the old ones (on the left) and the new ones (on the right). There's a slight difference I would say. What I took out of the doors. Good speakers, just cant handle what I want. The new speakers I am putting in. They are three way component speakers. They are Auodiobahns and they are from the murdered out series. I got them installed in just the front doors, I am waiting for some baffles for the rear ones to prevent the sub from blowing them, as I might be upgrading that very soon thanks to my good friend also. They are more up to my standards. Could go higher, just not enough cash flow now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 02 OZ Rally lancer. Needs lots more work.