Notices
View Poll Results: is a usefull thread ??
yes
100.00%
no
0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

drl fog light solution

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2010, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drl fog light solution

ok guys i know loooooooots of request for turning off DRL and rewiring fog light for different application like working all the time,working with parking .

DRL : for the drl if you have 06RA like me with the red computer in the fuse box try this it works for me and take about 5 minutes.....
take off the computer' flip it up side down and look for the small pin row not the biggest, put the big pin row on you right, you should have the little pin row on you left. next step cut or bind the second pin from the top and put you computer back be sure the clip near the fire wall is well engage .. and that it BINGO

FOG : ok for the fog light i study the wiring diagram the switch send a ground signal to the ECU under the dash, this computer send a request to the front red ecu and this ecu ground the fog light relay, this relay once clicked send 12V to your fog, the idea here was to bypass the two computer but in the end of my instalation i realise the switch is not an ON OFF switch is just a ON switch i can't figure out how to make the switch work BUT the fog light indicator work and the fog to .... here the step

WARNING is not easy and you have to remove the neg side of your battery if you don't want to blow something.....I CAN'T BE RESPONSIBLE IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG

ok go...... remove the fuse box there are two bolt remove these bolt, after this with a screw driver remove the little box near the fuse box ok after this unclip the under cover of you fuse box , once is unclip you will see a looooooooot of wire DON'T BE AFFRAID ..................flip the fuse box upside down the best you can, do not force anything to help you you can remove the fog light relay and the one next to him you'll have more space to flip the fuse box YOU CAN FLIP IT LIKE 90DEGREE NOT MORE. find the wire they drive the fog relay ,,,, watch out because you have two red-white one wHo drive the soleinoid in the relay and one that travel trought the moving part who send the 12v to the fog cut the one who drive the soleinoid and leave the other end where you want the one thatdrive the 12v trought the solenoid split it to the green/yellow for the parking or where you want like acc point a point where you have 12v when you need it ok the touching part find the red wire this one goes to to the front pcm cut it and leave the part that go to the pcm alone the other one to a ground spot (me i figure to drive it to the fog switch but like a say higher is not a on off switch. i'll find a switch that fit in the hole) i drive the ground to the neg side of the battery so when i open the parking the fog are on all the rest of the time ..

ok now if the 7.5 fuse blown YOU DON'T HAVE THE WRIGHT red-white wire, you have the wire tha feed the fog if you have the good one the 7.5amp fuse should be ok because the field in the relay don't take more than one amp so the 15AMP for the fog drive only the fog. to be sure is all good before turning on you light once all is rewire put the ground and the fog relay back when you put the ground you should not ear the relay clicking if it click IS NOT THE GOOD red-white

sorry for my english and the hard to read thread ........ some picture if you need help , wiring diagram or something else PM me I'll be happy to help u i did it in french to
Attached Thumbnails drl fog light solution-pcm-rouge-modifier.jpg   drl fog light solution-fuse-box-modifier.jpg  

Last edited by 2006silverra; Apr 3, 2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 01:14 AM
Evolving Member

Wow thats great!,... Uhh could someone translate that

seriousley though, thanks for the hard work

peace
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:11 AM

what kind of translation you need ???? more detail or in french i can do this PM me
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

No no, I wa just teasing cuz you apologized for the bad english and hard to read thread. I pretty much understood it, unfortunately you have the red computer and I have the blue one (dont know the significance, but im learning.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 09:31 AM

ho you learn me something i read a lot of thread and i found only two the green and the red one but i read something, you could put a 04 or 02 computer and the drl will be off i don't remember where i read this but is here good luck
Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a an 02 Computer if anyone ins interested !

Seems like alot of hard work but glade to see people always trying there hardest and figuring things out .
Old Apr 24, 2010, 04:20 PM

thanks but for me is okay lol no DRL and fog light light when i want parking hi low :P
Old May 8, 2010, 09:45 PM

hey buxnbass did you find a solution ??
Old May 9, 2010, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

even if we could get them running with the parking lights i'd be happy as i dont have drl's anyways...
Old May 26, 2010, 08:43 AM

you can i explainn how
Old Mar 9, 2011, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

This is sweet. I know its been a while since this thread was last touched, but would you know how to get this done on a 2009 RA?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
where do you get the schematic? i'm an avoinics systems tech in the airforce, and lighting is part of my trade...i would like if the fogs stayed on when the high beams are turned on...DRL fogs is not really practical IMO...

i take no responsibility in the resurrection of this thread