Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

evo7 spoiler

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2005, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo7 spoiler

Ok, guys there are prolly threads on this already, but i could'nt find any quick. So dont laugh at my question haha, i am lookign to buy a evo7 spoiler, now the guy says he is'nt sure if the 2 holes on the spoiler line up with our 2 holes in our trunk then you just have to drill two more. He says that i need to plug up my holes and drill 3 completly new ones on each side, or do i only have to drill 1 on each side due to the fact the the hole son the spoiler line up. Thanks guys
Old Feb 2, 2005, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well I don't know anyone on here that has a Evo 7 Spoiler.. but even with the Evo 8 spoiler you gotta redrill the holes.. which sucks, but i mean, get some plugs that run flush with the trunk as well as possible put some selant around it, and redrill.. it aint that bad... have the guy send you a picture or something... Then open up your trunk find the two hole from the nuts on the underside of the trunk and see if they look like the line up.. or have him measure it or something. Good luck with that.. i bet i didn't help out at all.. but that's just my .02
Old Feb 2, 2005, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

dvsryders chris has the evo7 on his ra..and its hot!!! lol
Old Feb 2, 2005, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

one of the holes lined up u just have to drill the other 2.. one of theme is almost there but is just off a little bit, u might want to plugg that up.. and the other hole u have to drill is where the longer flat parts goes.. ill try and get u a better picture lemme know how it goes
also make sure u haeve the spoiler lined up and marked b4 u start messing with it....

Last edited by DvSRyderS_Chris; Feb 2, 2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

amen, make sure its all lined up correctly. don't want a crooked spoiler do we.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

dvsryders chris, what do you use to plug the wholes up with
Old Feb 4, 2005, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

fyi.... rrm has an evo8 wing that uses stock ra holes.... yaknow.. just to let you know..lol
Old Feb 4, 2005, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i dont want evo8 though i want evo7 looks better and i want to be different for every other RA opwner who has ev8 spoiler
Old Feb 4, 2005, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys, I want to know what you did about the third brake light when you take off the OZ/RA Low wing. I know that the Evos and ES/LS have the third light in the back window, but the OZ/RA have it on the spoiler. I want to install an OEM Evo VIII Wing, but with all of the idiots that drive around here, I don't want to loose the High mount brake light. BTW, since my car automaticly shuts off the head lights when I get out, I leave them on all the time. So this means that durning the day light hours I have my lights on. A few people have mistaken my brake lights as just my tail lights being on and if it was not for the high mount that only turns on when i hit the brakes, I would have been hit a lot harder. So far only a feew scratches on my rear bumper, I have not had to replace anything yet. So is there a way to place a high mount light in the rear window?
Thanks, Jay
Old Feb 4, 2005, 12:34 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Shado
Hey guys, I want to know what you did about the third brake light when you take off the OZ/RA Low wing. I know that the Evos and ES/LS have the third light in the back window, but the OZ/RA have it on the spoiler. I want to install an OEM Evo VIII Wing, but with all of the idiots that drive around here, I don't want to loose the High mount brake light. BTW, since my car automaticly shuts off the head lights when I get out, I leave them on all the time. So this means that durning the day light hours I have my lights on. A few people have mistaken my brake lights as just my tail lights being on and if it was not for the high mount that only turns on when i hit the brakes, I would have been hit a lot harder. So far only a feew scratches on my rear bumper, I have not had to replace anything yet. So is there a way to place a high mount light in the rear window?
Thanks, Jay
You car is pre-wired for the ES/Evo third brake light (look under the rear deck, there's a wire and harness hanging there not connected to anything). You just have to go to a dealership to pick one up or find an Evo that's being parted out.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

I like the EVO7 spoiler, BUT I think I like the EVO8 more.

I can't decide if I want the RRM CF wing or the EVO8? What do U guys think?
Old Feb 4, 2005, 10:03 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by reTro
I like the EVO7 spoiler, BUT I think I like the EVO8 more.

I can't decide if I want the RRM CF wing or the EVO8? What do U guys think?
I'd go for the RRM CF wing, nowhere near as common as the Evo8 wing, and doesn't draw as much negative attention (cops & haters), plus it looks really good.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by otter
I'd go for the RRM CF wing, nowhere near as common as the Evo8 wing, and doesn't draw as much negative attention (cops & haters), plus it looks really good.
I think the RRM CF spoiler comes with a brake light.. or i may be wrong, look up on the vender section about it.. someone asked about the brake light
-Lee
Old Feb 5, 2005, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
I think the RRM CF spoiler comes with a brake light.. or i may be wrong, look up on the vender section about it.. someone asked about the brake light
-Lee
No it doesn't, you would have to purchase a rear deck ES 3rd brake light.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

dvsryders where did you get the evo 7 spoiler??