Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!
View Poll Results: What would be the best replacement for the stock grill?
The replacement EVO-style grills from the dealer (200$US + a set)
11.54%
Much more affordable, quality, EVO-style replicas
53.85%
A completely different style than the stock or EVO style
34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Front grill replacement...

Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front grill replacement...

-

I was just wondering what you people wanted to do or have already done with the front grill "problem" (I.E.: the ugly Pontiac looking slats).

-
Old Apr 4, 2005, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hated my stock grill so much, that I actually spent the $200 from the dealer to get rid of it!!! It is quality though and takes less than 5min to install... just snaps in.

So, it's staying, but of course I would have bought something cheaper and of good quality!
Old Apr 4, 2005, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

im making my own grill right as i type this im just wating for the bondo to dry
Old Apr 4, 2005, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

pics???
Old Apr 4, 2005, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

I understand that evos are fast and look nice and all but why look like them? why can we so the ralliarts off and people know about them. as you know every site says parts for evo and people know only about the evo. so how about a grill or some type of body that don't look like the evo? i just think that evos are almost over rated and when rrm comes with enough parts for me to murder evos than im coming after the sti
Old Apr 4, 2005, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpEeD_dEmOn
I understand that evos are fast and look nice and all but why look like them? why can we so the ralliarts off and people know about them. as you know every site says parts for evo and people know only about the evo. so how about a grill or some type of body that don't look like the evo? i just think that evos are almost over rated and when rrm comes with enough parts for me to murder evos than im coming after the sti
I dunno bout the evo being overrated... but i do agree that ralliarts need to shine on their own. And they will. RRM and RIPP are giving us some serious options these days. It's a good time to own a ralliart.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

I think when it comes to the grille it's more about changing those fugly plastic pieces more so than it is "trying to be like an EVO"

It's all personal preference anyway... You want to sport the stock exterior more power to you..!!!

Me, I like the way my car looks... Call me a wannabe if you want, but that's the beauty of modding... You do to your car what YOU like...
Old Apr 4, 2005, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

yeah ill take some pics when i get done i promis and ill post them tonight
Old Apr 4, 2005, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlkalineTrio124
I think when it comes to the grille it's more about changing those fugly plastic pieces more so than it is "trying to be like an EVO"

It's all personal preference anyway... You want to sport the stock exterior more power to you..!!!

Me, I like the way my car looks... Call me a wannabe if you want, but that's the beauty of modding... You do to your car what YOU like...
mesh grille does not make you a wannabe. It looks much better than the stocker imo
Old Apr 4, 2005, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

well i just perfer to say i have a ralliart and people know what im talking about, people hear what our cars are capable of. well when someone hits that peek (maybe even me) ill like to hear about it
Old Apr 4, 2005, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by AlkalineTrio124
Amen to that.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

here are some pics i just did this today took about 4 hours and 10$ first pic is with the bondo second is primer and 3rd is pianted with grill and 4th is finished products and you will notice one the last picture there is a circle, thats my first rock chip that you can see a mile away
Attached Thumbnails Front grill replacement...-bondo.jpg   Front grill replacement...-primer.jpg   Front grill replacement...-painted-grill.jpg   Front grill replacement...-left-right.jpg  
Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lucky04
here are some pics i just did this today took about 4 hours and 10$ first pic is with the bondo second is primer and 3rd is pianted with grill and 4th is finished products and you will notice one the last picture there is a circle, thats my first rock chip that you can see a mile away
Looks good! How did you attach the mesh to the plastic surround?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

can somebody take an up close shot of the mesh on the OEM Mesh Inserts. I wanna go to homedepot tommorow and get as close of mesh as OEM.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

/\ basically i bent the mesh into the grill then kinda molded it. then just put the oem grill back on and it hold the mesh. sry it kinda hard to explain maybe i can get some photos of it tommorrow

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front grill replacement...