Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Body kit progress, 04 Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2006, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body kit progress, 04 Ralliart

i dont know if anyone really cares but i thought maybe some people on this forum would, i'm currently working on my accolade body kit for my ra, hopefully be done within another week or so, crappy pics, they're from my cell phone but here ya go

and in case anyone wants to know my opinion of the kit as far as fit and finish, well, everything seems to fit Ok, not really a whole lot of major mods to get it to fit however, the product quality just really isnt there. aside from the damages during shipping we had to fix, the hood in particular was terrible, it wasnt smooth at all, you could feel waves/ripples with your hand on the surface, so i ended up doing a ton of sanding, bondo, resanding etc to create basically a new surface... the prep/primer service i added when i ordered was complete ****, not worth a dollar and the fiberglass construction of all the pieces is pretty sub-standard

but, when its done it should look kinda cool, i'll post pics up when it is
Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

That is the accolade hyper kit bumper and it looks sooooooo good. I love it. It makes me want to get a bodykit again. Do a good job on it, and it will look amazing. If I get a body kit, it will be my LAST mod as it is very expensive to buy and install properly.

Good pics and good post. Let us know the progress! It already looks good.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunchbocks
i dont know if anyone really cares but i thought maybe some people on this forum would, i'm currently working on my accolade body kit for my ra, hopefully be done within another week or so, crappy pics, they're from my cell phone but here ya go

and in case anyone wants to know my opinion of the kit as far as fit and finish, well, everything seems to fit Ok, not really a whole lot of major mods to get it to fit however, the product quality just really isnt there. aside from the damages during shipping we had to fix, the hood in particular was terrible, it wasnt smooth at all, you could feel waves/ripples with your hand on the surface, so i ended up doing a ton of sanding, bondo, resanding etc to create basically a new surface... the prep/primer service i added when i ordered was complete ****, not worth a dollar and the fiberglass construction of all the pieces is pretty sub-standard

but, when its done it should look kinda cool, i'll post pics up when it is

At least you have a positive attitude!

ROAD/RACE
Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're a brave soul... herez one to you !!!

Good luck and hope it turns out. PLEASE post picz when done.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

I LOVE THAT FRONT BUMPER!

just wanted to know, how much lower than the stock side skirts is that front bumper? i want the front but i cant stand their side skirts, they look like a 5 year old kis glued them on or something. keep us all posted on the progress, looks awesome so far
Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

how is accolade still in business?
Old Jun 6, 2006, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ralli04Art
how is accolade still in business?
I have never bought anything from them but it seems that they get a lot of complaints.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

The kit looks great, sorry about the quality, but thats what accolade is known for. I'm anxious to see the finished product.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by SocalES
I LOVE THAT FRONT BUMPER!

just wanted to know, how much lower than the stock side skirts is that front bumper? i want the front but i cant stand their side skirts, they look like a 5 year old kis glued them on or something. keep us all posted on the progress, looks awesome so far
i'd say its only about an inch or so but i'll try to get some pics from the side, painted the hood tonite, and the front bumper should be getting sprayed tomorrow and then both will be on the car either tomorrow or friday

i think i'm actually gonna go with just a little bit of custom touch to the paint, havent made up my mind just yet, we'll see.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 06:48 PM

oh and by the way, the car will be for sale upon completion of the kit. i'll decide on an asking price later, i'm gonna be asking slightly above book price most likely because of the several grand in body work but it'll still be cheaper than an evo
Old Jun 7, 2006, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

I want to get the lip kit but after all these complaints idk anyone know anything about this?
Old Jun 8, 2006, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

can't wait to see finished pics. hope all turns out well
Old Jun 12, 2006, 12:37 AM
Evolving Member

did you get the rear on and where did you support it at
Old Jun 12, 2006, 04:09 AM
Evolved Member

Looks kinda like a knockoff Evo kit. Especially the hood. I dunno, i'm not feelin it.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

looks dece. But u cant really expect much from accolade ^_^. (this is not to get accolade, moderators, or anyone else pist, but the one thing i hate the most about accolade is i think there kits look pretty damn good. If there quality and service wasnt so ****ty i might have boughtone.) Thats why i stick with RRM, they have integrity.

Quick Reply: Body kit progress, 04 Ralliart