Notices
04-06 Lancer / Ralliart Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

EVO conversions...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EVO conversions...

Hi guys im not sure if this is the place for this or not, but i have a question, whats the general consensus on evo conversions on lancers? like are they seen as a try hard or what ever? like im looking into a ev9 mr style kit for mine but to be honest im not sure how it would be perceived and im looking for some answers on that..

cheers
-Ghost
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well... The 1st rule of modifying a car is to modify the car for YOURSELF, not for others.

Now that that's out of the way... I'll be honest about my feelings. IF the car's got the performance to back up the look, then sure. If not, don't do it.

But back to rule #1... If you want to do it, do it.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

^

agreed

but to answerer your questions I think its one of the lamest things you can do.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghost-Eyes
Hi guys im not sure if this is the place for this or not, but i have a question, whats the general consensus on evo conversions on lancers? like are they seen as a try hard or what ever? like im looking into a ev9 mr style kit for mine but to be honest im not sure how it would be perceived and im looking for some answers on that..

cheers
-Ghost
extreme dimentions has a nice evo9mr kit for the 04-06 lancers that looks nice...
like other guy said mod the car for you and you alone not what others want
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
extreme dimentions has a nice evo9mr kit for the 04-06 lancers that looks nice...
like other guy said mod the car for you and you alone not what others want

Yeah thats the kit i was looking into
yeah i guess you are all right, i mean i love evos, i can afford one but legally in my country cannot drive one for 3 more years, it really bites, i just dont want to seem like a doucher is all haha

Still really not sure, the whole experience has kinda put me off the whole thing :\ i cant find any decent kits.. but i dont want to seem like a ****** at the local car meets i go to :\

Last edited by Ghost-Eyes; Aug 19, 2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:40 AM

Also this is what i was mucking around with on photoshop and it is roughly what my car would look like after i finished mucking around and modifying the kit, i was planing on putting bubble fenders on it.. but like i said im not sure now about any of it, after i have spoken about it to a few people and coped flak
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

does your country have an age limit on EVOs?
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffo24
does your country have an age limit on EVOs?
Australia has a Provisional License, which limits new drivers considerably. I wonder if they have less accidents because of this or not, though?

OP: If I were in your shoes... I wouldn't do it. But that's just not my style. I prefer stock-ish exterior, with all my coin spent on other areas of the car. I would honestly just lower your Lancer and do some minor exterior upgrades. Save the rest for mods on the Evo when you can drive it! If you're more concerned with looking good, then go for it.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Drop your car and put rims on it first! Nothings worse than a sedan with a kit and hubcaps
Old Aug 19, 2011, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WangMan
Drop your car and put rims on it first! Nothings worse than a sedan with a kit and hubcaps

+1

definitely that before considering the kit
Old Aug 19, 2011, 04:22 PM

The bumper + paint will probably run you about a $1000 USD. Start with the inside (most interior Evo parts are direct swappable to the Lancer), and work your way outside. I put the wing on at the very end of my 2 month build. I get flack for it sometimes, but this is my beater, so I really don't care.

Old Aug 19, 2011, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

dam u car looks niice
Old Aug 21, 2011, 11:20 AM

That is beautiful, ive always admired the cedias and that one is one of the best ive ever seen

I think i have come to a decision based on this, and conversations ive had with the evo owners at the car meets, im going to save the evo look for an evo, and im going to scrounge some inside parts off an evo - Dials - leather seats etc. and the only evo style parts that will be on the outside will be the wing and vortex generator...

Have you guys heard anything about vfiber? are they any good?

also im looking/found a set of lowering coilovers, and a sweet set of 17"enkeis (black with chrome lip and im going to throw them on...

and afterward, im going to get this kit i think.... http://www.vfiberbodykits.com/200420...t-p-17553.html

It is quite litterally the only half decent kit out for the lancers..
i havent come across any more decent ones which is a shame, i love my mitsu and wouldn't trade it for anything

another question i have for you guys is the engine cover im not a fan of the silver, i want a red one can i get it painted by my panel beater in heat resistant stuff or can i go and buy a \n actual ready made cover? i want it to fit in with my short ram intake the engine bay looks colorless and dull....

Also a massive thanks to you guys, this community is so helpful and pleasent to deal with you are all champions
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

that looks very close to the carbontrix kit that rrm sells and close to the one ed has
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
that looks very close to the carbontrix kit that rrm sells and close to the one ed has

yeah i noticed that aswell im fair sure that rrm doesnt post to AUS though im not sure what i think ab out that carbontrix kit tho...

Quick Reply: EVO conversions...