Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Jc's Lab Black Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Soooo BC Racing BR coilovers are on the car, aligned, and ready to go. The car feels so tight now. I didn't realise how worn my previous coilovers were until now. When I go over bumps, the rear of the Ralliart doesn't oscillate any more than the front. I have no more coil binding (knock on wood) and no coilover-related squeeks.

@LoneLancer, I have mine set to 15/middle stiffness and it's perfect for roads that are bumpy.

This is the damaged Megan Racing coilover. You can see that the knob portion sheared off.

Old Dec 9, 2015, 02:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, whoever owned the Ralliart last must of really rode those coils hard, euther that of poorly installed them
Old Dec 16, 2015, 06:11 PM

The mechanics who worked on my car say something like this is rare. I could have been a material defect :S

It was a sunny day out so I went out and took some photos at the local pier. Frankly, I find the car to be a bit too low since it scrapes and rubs. Anywho, I hope you all enjoy these shots!

Last edited by jcmaz; Dec 16, 2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gorgeous! Really loving the Evo wheel and wing!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice to see the Evo wing on, really makes the car look that much sportier.
Also, are those standard pedals you have or are they evo pedals?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 03:11 PM

Thanks guys!! I had to put on the Evo wing. Imo it makes the proportions of the car look so much better.

The Evo steering wheel is my favourite mod for this car. I highly recommend it. You feel like you're in an Evo with the steering wheel and Momo knob.

I have standard pedals with a Levoc accelerator pedal which bolts over the standard one.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 06:51 PM

Caught up a little bit with maintenance, starting with a faulty fan controller module.

Part number: MN1355A408

Side by side shot. The old on is on the left and the new one on the right. Perhaps moisture can seep into the crevices right above the connectors... who knows :S

This part even comes with a plastic piece to block off one of the fan plugs if you don't need to use it.

It's pretty easy to take apart, just pop off the 3 connectors from the old part, undo two bolts and you're done! Now the fan doesn't stay on after the car is off.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 08:48 PM

Awesome looking car! cant wait to see more from you!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:00 PM

I picked up a set of Skyline R32 GTR wheels over the weekend. It was fun times rolling these wheels and tires on BC Ferries. Two rims came with 225/50/16 Yokohama S Drive tires and two were bare. Overall condition is a 7/10. There are some curbing and what not, but good deal none the less.

Just FYI, these 16x8 and weigh around 15.6 pounds per rim. 5x114.3 but centre bore is 66.1mm. Our Ralliarts have a 67.1mm hub. The front hub is smaller than 66.1mm so it is possible to fit them on, but the rears do not fit. I haven't tested whether it rubs in the front since OEM Mitsubishi lug nuts do not fit with these rims. I think I am using stock suspension settings.

Test fit time!

These rims look pretty darn good on our cars.

Front fitment. You can see that there an inch of poke.

Rear fitment. The rim is not flush against the hub, so the wheel is pushed out even more.

So the plan now is to find a set of 205/50/16 or 205/55/16 tires on Craigslist or from the States. Also, I will need to enlarge the centre bore on the rims. A local wheel shop can do it for me for $25 per.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
I really like those wheels! Cant wait to see your RA on all four.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 12:12 AM

hahaha thanks bakuro117!! I'm excited to fit them on too and feel the difference of a proper set of wheels and tires. It's just taking forever for me to get the time to get the wheels to the shop. They close pretty early and work's been hectic this month :S

Those GTR wheels and tires will be on soon!!
Old May 17, 2016, 11:59 PM

And they are on! They are R32 GTR 16x8 wheels with centre bore enlarged from 66.1mm to 67.1mm, running Hankook Ventus V2 tires 205/50/16. I estimate that with this wheel/tire combo, I shaved off a minimum of 8 pounds per corner.

Compared to my stock wheels with 225/50/16 Continental DWS tires, this new set has less cushioning, but steering response has increased. It is much bumpier with this setup, but the car accelerates much better; perhaps it is due to the lightweight wheel/tire combo. These are my initial impressions after driving around for 10 minutes or so.

Although they not on this forum, I would like to thank TouringTeg for letting me know that these wheels were for sale and K. for giving me a set of lug nuts Enjoy!

On all four corners

Front fitment. No rub at all

Rear fitment.

Rear fitment 2

Rear fitment 3
Old May 18, 2016, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Looks great man! I really like those wheels and that stance. Nice job!
Old May 19, 2016, 11:33 PM
Evolving Member

Looks good mate I was gunna do the gtr rims also
Old May 24, 2016, 10:45 PM

Thanks bakuro117!! I specifically chose these wheels since they were strong, lightweight, and rare in application. I searched pretty hard for R32 GTR wheel fitment on EVOs and only one example showed up.

@347-dis, DOOOOO IT! Just make sure you get 205/50 tires that run a bit wider. I kind of wish I had a bit more lip protection tbh.

Quick Reply: Jc's Lab Black Ralliart