Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

2005 Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 03:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Solid! Make sure you spray your headlights with 2k clear coat otherwise they will haze again.

I have Stoptech Sport pads on my Ralliart and they work well on the street; lots of brake dusts though.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will do thanks for the tip.

Really? That's a bummer... I was actually looking into getting their brake kit w/ pads and drilled/slotted rotors but maybe I'll look at another kit or just order their rotors and pick out another set of pads.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:37 AM

My bro has Posi-quiets on his car and it stops newer his Lancer pretty well. It only dusts a tad more than OEM.

Oh and I'd get Centric blank rotors as well, the ones with the painted center.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 09:15 AM

These?

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....sn=384&jsn=384

Edit:

This was the kit I was considering... its priced pretty good imo...

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....sn=499&jsn=499

Last edited by cmartin2112; Apr 28, 2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old May 1, 2017, 08:40 AM

Yup, those are the rotors I was talking about. I just wanted to clarify the Posi-quiet pads. There are two versions with different materials: ceramic and semi-metallic. I have the ceramic version.

If you do indeed decide to use Power Stop brakes, do you mind sharing your thoughts about them after some use?
Old May 1, 2017, 04:46 PM

Absolutely! I was supposed to get them this weekend but gotta save for a trip to Colorado for my best friends wedding. Maybe (fingers crossed) I can pick them up before then... but idk...
Old Aug 22, 2017, 08:20 PM

So its been a while since I updated my build but unfortunately money has been incredibly tight.

Luckily I was able to swing a few bucks to try and take care of a transmission issue I am having. Since I purchased the car I noticed I would have issues w/ it either grinding or being pretty hard to put it in particular gears (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and reverse) especially after it got up to operating temp.

So I purchased some of this

Overall the job went really well! However my issue is still there kinda... I am hoping that maybe the oil that was in there before was trash and it just needs some time work its way out... Otherwise I am going to be looking into syncros/gears and how the hell I can fix/rebuild those.

P.S I am sure most of you know about this tool but I thought I should share it just in case some don't. Made adding the new fluid much easier then trying to rig the funnel or man handle the bottle in the fill hole. It was also pretty cheap too ($8)!

Old Oct 16, 2017, 07:30 PM
T8

I just bought an 05 Ralliart myself. I just got it back from the shop yesterday. I'm having that same gear problem as you cmartin. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and reverse are a nightmare to get the car into. My old 03 OZrally never had any kind of problems like this. I'm hoping to find a solution to this problem that doesn't require too much work or money. But I fear that it might be the clutch not releasing when the pedal is depressed. My clutch pedal is also really stiff. I'll try new oil and see if that helps.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by T8
I just bought an 05 Ralliart myself. I just got it back from the shop yesterday. I'm having that same gear problem as you cmartin. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and reverse are a nightmare to get the car into. My old 03 OZrally never had any kind of problems like this. I'm hoping to find a solution to this problem that doesn't require too much work or money. But I fear that it might be the clutch not releasing when the pedal is depressed. My clutch pedal is also really stiff. I'll try new oil and see if that helps.

Try the oil first. It seems like after some driving and getting it through the “system” some of the issues resolved and lessened... however I still have some issues getting into gear from a stop...

you ended up taking yours to a shop? Do you mind sharing what they thought it was?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 06:59 PM
T8

I haven't tried the oil yet. But my mech got under the drivers side dash board and reached up by the pedals and "Adjusted" the clutch pedal. took him 1 wrench and 2 mins and the problem I had is like 80% better. He thinks that the springs on the clutch may be damaged or broken but can't be certain unless he opens it up and takes a look.

That being a long and pricey job, he recommended against it until it was absolutely necessary.

I still have a bit of trouble getting into 1st and Reverse when I'm at a dead stop. but not nearly as bad as it used to be. 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th are fine now after the adjustment. and as along as I haven't come to a complete stop as I approach a stop light/sign I can sneak it into 1st almost trouble free.

I'll do the oil next and see if it helps out any more.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:27 PM

Hmm... maybe I'll have to try that adjustment just for giggles and sh*ts...

How is your down shifting? The only way I can down shift is if I rev match...