Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Those Who Have Turbo' An Ra

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2006, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey i seen a couple companys names in some replys like essential speed and a co in canada does anyone know their sites? can someone post a link?
all i need is a manifold my best friend does custom setups on almost EVERYONES car in the greater pittsburgh area. Im not really worried about anything he has turbod some crazy **** and doing my car would be nothing .... but I just need to find a manifold thats about it he can machine basically anything else i need!
Old Feb 3, 2006, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ralliart403
Hey i seen a couple companys names in some replys like essential speed and a co in canada does anyone know their sites? can someone post a link?
all i need is a manifold my best friend does custom setups on almost EVERYONES car in the greater pittsburgh area. Im not really worried about anything he has turbod some crazy **** and doing my car would be nothing .... but I just need to find a manifold thats about it he can machine basically anything else i need!
essential speed went out of business, their website doesn't work anymore and their number is disconnected. hey im in wv by the way about 70m from pitt....
Old Feb 4, 2006, 08:14 PM

Man your gonna have to come up for a meet! I used to go down to WVU for parties all the time actually I live bout 30-45 min south of the city but I work on the other side of it!!! lol its a long rid in the morning and even longer after work!
Old Feb 5, 2006, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just to give more info about essential speed, their kit was approximately $4100 USD, and boosted the HP/TQ on the Ralliart to something pitiful like 197 WHP/ 212 FTLB. Nobody wanted to buy their kit. That's probably why they went the way of the Dodo.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 01:15 AM
Evolving Member

^^ sorry but i have to...wht do u mean by "they went the way of the dodo".
Old Feb 5, 2006, 07:19 AM

Well what I was looking for when I originally started this post was to start a good post about people who had doen a successful turbo install what parts they used, where they got them, how much they cost, and or any pics of them in the process and why the chose the parts they did and then also if they would change anything different I think everyone in the ralliart forum would love to hear all about this information because they would all love to turbo their car.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 06:18 PM

Well I guess ill give some answers since everyone thinks putting a turbo on a RalliArt is such a mystery to start Greddy E-manage doesn’t work at least for me it didn’t… its to complicated and its main focus is for Honda applications…. Second in order to make any piggyback work your going to need to keep your mass Air Flow sensor at a 0-5 Volt reference by using a resistor inline with your signal wire…same goes for the ignition although don’t quote me but I believe its up to 3mv reference for the coil packs… (Sorry it’s been a while I can’t remember exact numbers) in regards to what work… Split Second, Dastek unichip, Halteck, Perfect power, and pretty much any stand alone on the market… Turbo if you want 200-300 whp look at a Garrett T3 if you want more then look into a T3/T4 if you want a lot more then look into a GT30 or bigger ball bearing turbo (GT ball bearing turbo is real nice efficient and spools quick but dammm expensive) … 0.48 A/R on the turbine side was a little to small for me quick boost but not a lot on the top end so I say 0.63 A/R is a much better idea…compressor side go 50, 57, or 60 trim with a .60 A/R depending on your power goals… I have a 60 trim with a .60 A/R its perfect for the space I had to work with (didn’t have to move the fans)… Injectors again depends on power goals if using 4 new ones go 525cc or bigger. I used a 5th injector in the intake pipe which is rated at 440cc works great up to about 15psi gives me grate day to day drivability…Wastegate, B.O.V. and intercooler are all to preference… intercooler Piping 2.5” stainless is your best bet it conducts less heat lasts forever etc. but it’s expensive…mild steel is more cost efficient and works great, Aluminum is good too very light but conducts heat …Downpipe and Exhaust I used 2.5” front to back with a cat. and guys don’t be cheep get an oil pressure, EGT, and Wideband along with your boost gauge…if you tune it yourself (which I don’t recommend if you’ve never done it before) try to stay around 11.5 -12.0:1 A/F ratio under boost…I find 12.5:1 A/F is good for power but one wrong move or if the weather temp changes drastically its over…
Guys my passion is cars I m not a mechanic put when I do something to my car I do it myself…not cause I m cheep trust me sometimes it costs more money doing it myself then if I would pay someone, but I take pride in saying I did it. Hope this helps
Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:28 AM
Evolved Member

so have you boosted your car tho?
Old Mar 15, 2006, 02:57 PM

yup its boosted right now... blew the motor the first time... had some trouble with my wastegate and boost controller... spiked to 24psi on a few pulls at the track fixed it but it was to late by the time I noticed... still drove it for a while though...lifted the head cause I was curious otherwise car still drove perfectly
Old Jun 8, 2006, 05:46 PM

road race motorsport will hook anybody up for a ralliart turbo, i got one and ran 14.3 in the quarter on stock tires and stock clutch, they know whats up
Old Jun 8, 2006, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you need a turbo header for your RA let me know ;-).
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ralliartfreak
road race motorsport will hook anybody up for a ralliart turbo, i got one and ran 14.3 in the quarter on stock tires and stock clutch, they know whats up
14.3 you should be in the 13's what was your 60 foot and what was your trap speed?
Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ralliart403
I noticed there are a couple people out there who have turbo'd out there RA. I am trying to get all the information together to get mine done....

Im looking for Tips and Pointers please, Do's and Donts and what you have done and HOW... I think this would be a VERY GREAT Thread FOR EVERYONE!
I think the best person to answer your question is the tuner him/herself. I think most of the folks here get their RAs done at RRM. This is good as they would have experience for this perticular engine. Tell them your expectations and they would probably have the solution for you.

Ooooh one more thing....try not to tamper with the setup onces its done. If you really must, DISCUSS IT WITH TUNER FIRST.....hehehehee
Old Jul 22, 2006, 12:33 AM

Injectors again depends on power goals if using 4 new ones go 525cc or bigger. I used a 5th injector in the intake pipe which is rated at 440cc works great up to about 15psi gives me grate day to day drivability…

So ur saying that i can put a walbro 255 and a aeromotive FPR, let the stock injectors and just add one injector about 450cc. And i'll run good around 15 psi?
Cause if its like that it'll save me a lot of work and $$$.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OC_Ralliart
^^ sorry but i have to...wht do u mean by "they went the way of the dodo".
Dodos are now extinct.....so is the company.

Quick Reply: Those Who Have Turbo' An Ra