Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

My RRM Turbo!

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2006, 03:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My RRM Turbo!

Ok, as promised, picz and a review.

First and foremost, the parts and install are superb! It just looks like it belongs in the engine bay. My dad who is a muscle car gearhead even commented on how nice it all looks. I also was able to keep my fog lights.

Now performance... let's just say that NO bolt-on n/a mods can touch this. It's a completely different car now! First pulls real hard, as does second, and most of third! Fourth pulls, just not hard, and fifth is just to top out with a mild pull. I ran around with the AC on the other day and don't feel any power loss?!

There is a little low end torque loss, but the boost comes on around 3,000rpms and the turbo lag is pretty minor. The best feeling is cruising around in 2nd or 3rd just below boost then punching it surprising the **** out of any would be foe!!! There is some torque steer, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

You can really hear the turbo spool up and suck in all that air and then you mash in the clutch and hear the TiAL wastegate blow off some pressure, ahhh... music to the ears. Oh, and another thing, my exhaust sounds as good as any STI or Evo now! That turbo really quieted my Magnaflow down and gave it a very deep aftermarket sound that is barely louder than stock!!!

I can only think of a couple of negatives, yet pretty much knew it ahead of time. First I lost about 2mpg, but hey I think it's worth the extra 60-70hp! Also, sometimes that 5th injector can be a little noisy at idle, but you don't notice it while driving.

If you can afford this, I give it a definite buy. Now for some pics...

Old May 13, 2006, 04:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your set up is really tite,i must give you props on the turbo. i wish i had the loot to get me one.......................once again ur set up looks great.
Old May 13, 2006, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Your Ralliart is Sex. this is the best ralliart are out there in my mind. it really does look like the turbo belongs there. man i wish i had 4G's to put down on a turbo. mad props to you. now we just need some videos of that baby spoolin up or at the track.
Old May 13, 2006, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Damn your car is clean as hell. Now get to the track and give us some numbers.
Old May 13, 2006, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Nice.... good little review too, did you install this yourself or get a shop to do it?
Old May 13, 2006, 10:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is one of my favorite RAs around here. It is clean, mean and simple. Oh yea fast too. The noise you hear at idle is the fuel pump not the injector . They are louder than stock for sure. Reagrdless. Great car and great pics. I think I wanna use them on our site.

ROAD/RACE
Old May 13, 2006, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah that has to be the cleanest looking ralliart I have seen...good job w/ making everything work together!!
Old May 13, 2006, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

The RRM Turbo Kit is very clean, with a superb looking engine bay. Your car and austin car are two of my favorite ralliarts ive ever seen. The RRM CF spoiler looks good on your car aswell, I am dumping my evo wing for it soon. Now, enough of the review, tell us the opponents you've recently murder ( on the track of course... ).
Old May 13, 2006, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

what kinda of boost are ya running?

that kit looks superb.. awesome job.
Old May 13, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

that car is teh sex !!!

that is a super clean set up and very nice. Props on a sweet ride
Old May 13, 2006, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the comments guys! A couple of questions answered.

-RRM did the install (nice professional bunch of guys, THANKS!!!)

-I'm running 7psi of boost. You can push it to 11psi w/meth stage 2 kit. I think beyond that some internals would have to be upgraded.

-Only one worthy kill to mention, a Honda S2000 going up a slight incline for about 1/8 of a mile, then he backed off. Probably had about 1 1/2 car lengths on him. There is this turbo'd RSX-S, about a block from me, but he won't bite.

-There's this 1/8 mile track in San Diego that runs twice a month that I plan on get some times at. I'll keep you guys updated. I really need some stiffer motor mounts, and am considering going to a smaller 16" 12-lb rim with 205/45 Toyos.

I think I'm going to remove all my decals and tone it down a bit. I want to get some gauges too, like that Stuart Warner setup that 42 Draft Designs sells.
Old May 13, 2006, 04:45 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
that thing is a KILLER , i'm about half way with the $$$ for the turbo kit .....man i can't wait
Old May 13, 2006, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

please make some videos in the daylight on the road.!!!!!! plz!!!!!!!
Old May 13, 2006, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

sex on wheels.. damm i like it a lot....
Old May 13, 2006, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, that's a phat ****ing car man. I was thinking the same things about the decals. I wouldn't want that much attention. Sleeper

Quick Reply: My RRM Turbo!