Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

CrAnSwIcK's 4G69 Build: Phase 2

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
So I have four 560cc Evo injectors and I ordered a resistor pack from an Evo 8. You think I would be ok wiring those in instead of buying another set of injectors? I cant think of any issue, several 3G and DSM guys use the resistor pack from what I can see...

And thanks for the video link! I'll watch it tonight when I go home. Youtube is blocked at work... :/
Old Sep 8, 2014, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by bakuro117
So I have four 560cc Evo injectors and I ordered a resistor pack from an Evo 8. You think I would be ok wiring those in instead of buying another set of injectors? I cant think of any issue, several 3G and DSM guys use the resistor pack from what I can see...

And thanks for the video link! I'll watch it tonight when I go home. Youtube is blocked at work... :/
Sorry I never replied to this Josh, you've probably figured it out already...plug and play is just that, there's nothing wrong with adding resistor packs if you got a good deal on the injectors...

On another note...this thread has not been updated for a while...so I wanted to share with all some things I have in the works...

First thing I'm currently working on is this:

this will be a single port system, and will use the stock washer reservoir. The kit I got used for a very good price...it came with 6 nozzles, but only 2 I will actually use, because the other 4 mount internally, and should the threads back out or whatever, I really don't want a nozzle going through the engine. One nozzle is 5gph, the other is 7.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

So my stock fuel pump finally had enough...i was getting like 15 AFR at WOT under boost, lol...so I datalogged injector pulse width, and saw that as the injector duty cycle increased, the AFR was getting leaner. Not what you want to see when you're running 14psi through a 9.5:1 compression motor. So I installed a walbro 255 (that I got for free from a very good friend) this afternoon, and all is well.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Thats pretty awesome that your stock pump lasted as long as it did. LOL

I assume you had no problems installing the 255? I seem to remember someone asking if it fitted or not. I always heard it did.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Thats pretty awesome that your stock pump lasted as long as it did. LOL

I assume you had no problems installing the 255? I seem to remember someone asking if it fitted or not. I always heard it did.

yeah it fit...at first I could not get the bottom cap on, so I drilled out the port in the housing where the pump outlet goes, but then I realized the filter bag on it was taller than stock, so I put my stock filter on the walbro...one of the two did the trick, lol. the walbro is a little bit taller, so I think porting the pump outlet hole was necessary...I've heard of people also trimming the bottom cap...
Old Jul 5, 2015, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

So, I was having troubles with the car, I had a bad CV joint, and also I was missing 3rd gear, as in, not there at all, no grinding or anything, just nothing...I thought I bent a shift fork, but actually it was worn out, as in an 1/8" of material had been ground away from it...lol. Anyway, while I'm waiting for my axles to come back from A1, I got most of the car back together, tranny is mounted, turbo kit is mostly reinstalled, but I just wanted to add this. feed line is not connected to the reservoir yet, and the vacuum line for the pressure switch is not connected because I still need a T fitting...I said it was coming soon...and that was a while ago...stay tuned for results and impressions

It's mounted to the tranny mount bracket using an Evo 8/9 battery tray that I cut in half....also anyone notice I got a brand new OEM BOV? old one was whistling...not sure if shot, or needs crush or dodge mod....
Old Jul 5, 2015, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Oooo!!! Awesome! I can't wait to hear how this goes down! Keep us updated. It looks pretty in there.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Oooo!!! Awesome! I can't wait to hear how this goes down! Keep us updated. It looks pretty in there.
Meth injection kit fully installed, primed, and confirmed operational...now what I want to do is install some switches...one to arm/disarm the alcohol injection system, and one to toggle between low and high boost using a dual stage boost controller...
Old Jul 7, 2015, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Awesome. When can we hook up for a Shannonville evening this month?

I have the keys to the manufacturing shop. Friggin' A! Wanna go see sometime? Got anything to machine or weld or form?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliartN
Awesome. When can we hook up for a Shannonville evening this month?

I have the keys to the manufacturing shop. Friggin' A! Wanna go see sometime? Got anything to machine or weld or form?
I'm in Alaska right now, I should be home for the 12th...my axles should be waiting for me...just waiting for Mike to finish up some new patches on my ECU.

anyway, I don't need anything automotive made I can think of...but I would love to see the shop...
Old Jul 9, 2015, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really hoping for some more updates. I've been following this thread from the beginning.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

this thread will be ongoing...it's been a while since I turbocharged the motor...I'm half expecting it pop at anytime, but so far it's been taking everything I throw at it...I sort of expected to blow the motor sooner, based on past opinions/experiences etc...now I look back and wonder how the heck people were blowing motors at 6-8psi...I guess the differences is tuning...

my goal has been to go 12 seconds in the quarter on a stock 4g69 bottom end...if I make it, I will drive it like that till it blows, I might maybe push it a little more, but not much. if the motor goes boom before I can get a 12 second pass, i'll either build a block, and start working on somewhat of a restoration...clean up the body/chassis/interior...OR, i'll drop a stock motor back into it, make it a track/project/winter car, maybe try to get into 2wd rally, or just stick to the lapping days/weekend drags and buy an Evo...the VII RS-2 is my dream car...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Jul 9, 2015 at 10:40 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^ Decisions, decisions lol...
Old Jul 10, 2015, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

I vote for track car plus built motor! lol
Old Jul 10, 2015, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2006_RA
^^^ Decisions, decisions lol...

I know...the VII is eligible for import next year...I have the (borrowed) funds to buy one and bring it in, but the money is dedicated to a major renovation/addition on my house...including a rec room, new master bedroom and a bigger garage.

I may have to wait a few more years for my Evo, even though I had planned a few years back to bring one in the first year it was eligible...

I vote for track car plus built motor! lol

we'll see...part of me wants to fix up the chassis and body, so it's not an eye-sore, but the redneck in me wants to just keep it running, and nothing more...

Quick Reply: CrAnSwIcK's 4G69 Build: Phase 2