Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Piggyback Maps

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2007, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DangerousDan
Anyone else with a custom tune? No one wants to play with the software? I am still only making minor changes until I have the wideband stuff, I don't want to hurt the car. Anyone else messing around yet?
One of these days I'll get another laptop I can use for logging/tuning. My old Toshiba Satellite finally croaked, so I'll either have to borrow the Compaq laptop I gave my brother or buy my own. Someday...
Old Feb 24, 2007, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the innovate motorsports lc-1 wideband kit this week. I will be installing it at the same time I install a new resonator. The only thing I need is another serial to usb connection and I'm good to start tuning. I bought a welder too no more paying a muffler shop to do my welding.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Welded the bung, but it deformed due to the heat and I can't get the plug out, let alone the sensor in. I guess I will be replacing the factory O2 sensor, probably at the end of this week.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Installed the wideband. The map I created mathematically was ok, but I could go leaner up top. The RRM map was very lean on my car. Remained around 16 and only went down to the high 14's at it's lowest. I still need to get a second serial to USB cable to run the piggy and AFR at the same time, but only to speed up tuning. For now, here is the second round of tuning with the wideband. I will post up the AFR curve for this map after some testing today.

Attached Thumbnails Piggyback Maps-3-9-07.jpg  
Old Mar 10, 2007, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

With what mods are you tunning your Piggyback?
Old Mar 10, 2007, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

i dynoed my car today and my AFR was low 14's, but i dont have a wideband to tune it. what was your AFR before and after, bc if it is close id think about plugging your map in until i can get mine tuned at a shop since yours is a little richer.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

My AFR's with my mathematical map stayed below 15 in all parts and averaged low 14's. Dipped into the 13's a bit here and there. The RRM map way very lean, averaging around 16 and staying above 14 the whole time. I would recommend the latest map, it has gotten me consistently in the low 13's all across the powerband. It needs some adjustment, mainly to compensate for the Mivec changeover, but I am pretty happy with the results. I can suggest some differences for you as well, so pm me if you want.

I will be doing some minor changes to this map, and then to the dyno to test all my maps. I want to compare the mathematical map, the RRM map, the stock ECU map, and my tuned AFR map. Anyone want to venture any guesses?
Old Mar 11, 2007, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

the tuned map will be best. rrm did a good job but every car is different and different mods etc. for the math map it works on paper but doesnt always in the real world.

^typing you a pm now.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

Try my map in the dyno my afr was 13.99 I post it earlier in this thread
Old Mar 11, 2007, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

what were your mods when you dynoed it?

Originally Posted by qlitv
Try my map in the dyno my afr was 13.99 I post it earlier in this thread
Old Mar 11, 2007, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

injen cai, ud pulley, rrm downpipe, rrm exhaust, s/s clutch line and of course the piggy
Old Mar 11, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

But as i said earlier the guy didn't tuned like it sais in rrm he did it with the aditional injector and gauge pressure

don't know if that make a diference in hp or afr

im waiting on a p&p IM and a ported throtle to go tune again with a custom header like rrm's

and tune it right with the prog calibrator and volts
Old Mar 12, 2007, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ralliart329
the tuned map will be best. rrm did a good job but every car is different and different mods etc. for the math map it works on paper but doesnt always in the real world.

^typing you a pm now.
That's no lie. I am at work or I would post all the images I have but I can't contain myself

The tuned map is about as close to perfect as I can imagine getting to. I am going to buy the tactrix cable and evoscan so I can log all my information on one graph, but I am not sure if I will be able to improve the map. 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear all average 13.3 AFR, maxing out at 14.7 or less and going down to the very high 12's at the richest. 1st gear is still kind of lean, but I think that's because I spend less than two seconds in gear and the AFR doesn't have time to level off. It still doesn't go above 15 unless I am off the throttle(duh.) Looking at the graphs I am in the low 6's to 60, but I may be able to get a more accurate idea once I start logging to evoscan instead of logworks. I am also unsure of the AFR for the entire rpm range for 5th gear, there aren't too many places to do 136mph around here so I had to settle for 5500RPM's

ralliart329, I am going to work on your stuff when I get home too, is the map you emailed me the map the AFR's came from?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Is the map that you posted the one that is close to perfection?

what mods do you have?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

yes it is. i uploaded that map off the ecu and emailed it from my car. Again thanks for doing this. is the evoscan and new cable replacing the system you have in place now? if so im in the market for some tuning tools.

EDIT: i dont hit 136 often either so you dont have to go to the track just for my map

Originally Posted by DangerousDan
That's no lie. I am at work or I would post all the images I have but I can't contain myself

The tuned map is about as close to perfect as I can imagine getting to. I am going to buy the tactrix cable and evoscan so I can log all my information on one graph, but I am not sure if I will be able to improve the map. 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear all average 13.3 AFR, maxing out at 14.7 or less and going down to the very high 12's at the richest. 1st gear is still kind of lean, but I think that's because I spend less than two seconds in gear and the AFR doesn't have time to level off. It still doesn't go above 15 unless I am off the throttle(duh.) Looking at the graphs I am in the low 6's to 60, but I may be able to get a more accurate idea once I start logging to evoscan instead of logworks. I am also unsure of the AFR for the entire rpm range for 5th gear, there aren't too many places to do 136mph around here so I had to settle for 5500RPM's

ralliart329, I am going to work on your stuff when I get home too, is the map you emailed me the map the AFR's came from?

Last edited by ralliart329; Mar 12, 2007 at 01:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Piggyback Maps