Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

ECUFlash

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2007, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECUFlash

I just received an email from tactrix saying Colby was in town and they are looking forward to receiving my 4g69 ECU updates to come as information is released
Old Dec 30, 2007, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
thats great to hear...hopefully they can crack it.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 09:50 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Great news, hopefully something comes of it and we'll actually get somewhere.

If it helps, I can paypal you $0.50 which you can use to buy Colby a cookie.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by otter
If it helps, I can paypal you $0.50 which you can use to buy Colby a cookie.
Great news indeed!

I will paypal $1.00 to include a bag of chips and a cookie from Otter.

Thats great news though, it is about time
Old Dec 31, 2007, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

thanks guys, but the ECU is $65 and I am sure colby has plenty of chips and cookies. me, on the other hand, I ran out of cookies yesterday. some fat ***** stole my chips

I am very confident something will come of it, otter. these are pretty much the correct people to be dealing with, which is why I have waited until now to purchase the ECU. there would be no point in me or too many other people on here messing with an ECU when the right people are out there; it just takes time to get busy people to do unimportant favors The first time I sent tactrix an email was Aug 31, yesterday I received the confirmation of address and their willingness to work on it

with this, the mapecu2(hopefully), and so recently the aem FIC we will have many more options than the market had to offer when I first bought the car. hopefully this will encourage more in depth modification to the 4g69 by the end users
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:10 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Hopefully. If this gets figured out, then it'll be within my budget to finally tune my car.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

I dont know if I understand right, im so F#@^% Tired right now, dont know why, I fell asleep 3 times writing this, hehe

well I hope 2008 bring us a way to reprogram, reflash, program, tune, or whatever, our RA ecu's, cause right now i have no motivation to do major things because theres not a good way to tune the stupid car.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lets say if this does finally get figured out, how will all this work? will it be like the mail-in reflash deal?
Old Dec 31, 2007, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DangerousDan
: and so recently the aem FIC we will have many more options than the market had to offer when I first bought the car. hopefully this will encourage more in depth modification to the 4g69 by the end users
has the FIC been tested on our cars cause from what i understood the eclipse ecu is diff or does it work cause the maf can be eliminated????
Old Dec 31, 2007, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by samj601
lets say if this does finally get figured out, how will all this work? will it be like the mail-in reflash deal?

doubtfully. this just means we will have access to reflash the ECU. it's likely it will be left up to us to figure out the ROM itself.

I doubt colby will have time to disassemble the ROM as the EVO guys still haven't gotten just one version of their ROMs completely disassembled. he's just trying to help us out at this point, and I am shelling out the bucks to give him access to the ECU itself.

We are approaching the biggest part of the project, which is disassembly, but we are at the biggest hurdle in the entire thing right now. it takes very little work to actually get access to download the rom, compared to breaking it down and understanding it, but until you get access to it...

Anyone have any experience with disassembly? your part is next Hopefully I can say "I got someone to get the ROM for us" before too long. Who wants to say "I helped with disasssembly?"

Originally Posted by otter
Hopefully. If this gets figured out, then it'll be within my budget to finally tune my car.
oh, you mean free? or maybe $89 because you haven't bought the cable yet?

Last edited by DangerousDan; Dec 31, 2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jessie55
has the FIC been tested on our cars cause from what i understood the eclipse ecu is diff or does it work cause the maf can be eliminated????
it works for the 4g69, but has not been tested on our ECU. they were not succesful removing the MAF with the FIC. I am working with perfomance motor research to remove the MAF sensor from the equation, and if and only if I am succesful it will be viable for most of the piggybacks we can't use right now. It's the MAF circuit, not the piggybacks and none of the major manufacturers are working on it due to limited need/want from the marketplace.

read this thread

we don't know how different it is, btw. the obvious is the fact that it's CAN bus, the next gen communication protocol, but other than that it may be identical. there is no way to tell unless you get both ROMS downloaded for side by side comparison.

Last edited by DangerousDan; Dec 31, 2007 at 01:59 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

well that was quick; order an ecu from a junkyard yesterday at about three and UPS just left my house a half hour ago I am heading to the post office as soon as I get my printer set up on my recently assembled desktop computer. it's taking fuggin forever though

btw, if anyone wants me to have a desktop faster than PIII 500mhz I'll gladly take your used P4 1.5ghz MB and processor I use my GF's laptop most of the time because this is shameful.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DangerousDan
btw, if anyone wants me to have a desktop faster than PIII 500mhz I'll gladly take your used P4 1.5ghz MB and processor I use my GF's laptop most of the time because this is shameful.
Dan, PM me your addy. I can do better than that.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

orly? PM sent it feels like Santa is making another round this year
Old Jan 3, 2008, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^lol^^

Quick Reply: ECUFlash