Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

TB Swap

Old May 6, 2012, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that one spot around the header?
Old May 7, 2012, 02:53 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by keithislegit
Is that one spot around the header?

Hell no, the factory stainless steel header is as freeflowing as an aftermarket header. The bottleneck is that flattened part before the cat on the downpipe. I haven't had my oem downpipe for 7 years so I don't have a pic, but you get under the front end you'll see what I'm talking about.

Last edited by lanzerralliart; May 7, 2012 at 02:56 AM.
Old May 7, 2012, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
Hell no, the factory stainless steel header is as freeflowing as an aftermarket header. The bottleneck is that flattened part before the cat on the downpipe. I haven't had my oem downpipe for 7 years so I don't have a pic, but you get under the front end you'll see what I'm talking about.
Yeah i know what your talking about, I've wondered how restrictive that was for quite sometime. Actually I'm kinda glad to hear that the exhaust on the RA isn't that restrictive cause i like the way the car sounds with a stock exhaust. so if anything i should just replace the downpipe to get the most out of the tb upgrade?
Old May 7, 2012, 06:17 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Just get the tb you will notice the difference the exhaust isn't going to prevent that.
Old May 7, 2012, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

I think I am the only person this mod just doesn't work for. I've run multiple 63mm and 65mm TBs....P0171 like a boss. This was in combination with a CAI.

Have not tried it since converting to SRI/Oem Snorkel combo.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

I get the code with the RRM CAI. Hopefully a maf replacement will prevent this. And that bottle neck part, is there a aftermarket part that it could be replaced with?
Old May 7, 2012, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

I get the code with the RRM CAI. Hopefully a maf replacement will prevent this. And that bottle neck part, is there a aftermarket part that it could be replaced with?
Keith I think you might be facing a different issue. Do a search, the P0171 code is prevalent with the RRM CAI.

I think I may have had another factor playing into why I got the code. I had an AEM CAI.
Old May 7, 2012, 09:15 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ralliartize It
I think I may have had another factor playing into why I got the code.
Yeah, your Ralliart knew you were getting an Evo soon, and knew you would stop modding her
Old May 7, 2012, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, your Ralliart knew you were getting an Evo soon, and knew you would stop modding her
I would honestly say it didn't know...I was close to pulling the trigger on new some parts for the RA when the Evo literally fell into my lap at a great price. I still maintain the RA like a baby. Evo is like a bad step child some days.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:51 AM

I think I may have had another factor playing into why I got the code. I had an AEM CAI.
I'm running a AEM short ram cold air intake, Dose that mean if i install the 65mm TB I'm gonna get a code? I was actually just about to ask if the AEM CAI would still fit and work with the new TB?
Old May 7, 2012, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah the OEM flattens out pretty good hopefully these pics help clarify haha.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MitsuCrazy
I'm running a AEM short ram cold air intake, Dose that mean if i install the 65mm TB I'm gonna get a code? I was actually just about to ask if the AEM CAI would still fit and work with the new TB?
You'll be fine.
Old May 7, 2012, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancerralli06
I usually have my windows down about halfway, so I may hear it more. It is most prominent from 2.5k rpms to 3k rpms with about half throttle. My buddy took a video of me do a quick pull next to him in his srt-4, and what I thought was his BOV after watching the vid, he said that was my car cus he was neutral cruising. I'm trying to figure out how to get the vid from him on facebook but its not working
does it increase with rpm (like get louder the faster u go in 1/2)? cause i just redid my tranny and timing and kinda noticed a similar sound wasnt sure if it was my intake because i have the splash guards off or if it was just a new bearing
Old May 7, 2012, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

when i ihad my 05 oz lancer i had an aem CAI on it for a year and had the maf code come up on my engine it tried to stall at like 4rpm on me. i have since had the same aem cai intake on my 05 ra for maybe 3 years and no problems at all apart from having to cut my stock air box to get the maf housing peice since the oz maf is different
Old May 7, 2012, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

I would honestly say it didn't know...I was close to pulling the trigger on new some parts for the RA when the Evo literally fell into my lap at a great price. I still maintain the RA like a baby. Evo is like a bad step child some days.
shes a pain because your spending all the moeny to pay her off instead of on parts once u have money for parts shell realize and open a whole new world of pain til your wallets empty and no more available parts. at least you know why it was so cheap:P

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TB Swap