Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

zero gravity module chip

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2004, 05:54 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zero gravity module chip

zero gravity chip in a rallyart does anyone install this thing yet ?
Old May 14, 2004, 06:03 PM
Account Disabled

zero gravity

ok i just get my chip from http://www.vseriesengineering.com it is very a very cheap
way to get hp torq rev and higher top speed and the only thing is that the air sensor is connect to the mass air flow and you got 4 wires so the guy who tuned my car has to get the electric plans of the ralliart if he wants to upgrade the car properly i was just wondering if i was the first one who tried this upgrade if not i would like that you guys give me some comment !!! thanks
Old May 14, 2004, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Don't know . . . it's too good to be true.
Old May 14, 2004, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

I know those are very bad for the 2004 2.0Litre engines, so I wouldnt want to put one of those in the 2.4 mivec I bet its bad news
Old May 14, 2004, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancerallyart
ok i just get my chip from http://www.vseriesengineering.com it is very a very cheap
way to get hp torq rev and higher top speed and the only thing is that the air sensor is connect to the mass air flow and you got 4 wires so the guy who tuned my car has to get the electric plans of the ralliart if he wants to upgrade the car properly i was just wondering if i was the first one who tried this upgrade if not i would like that you guys give me some comment !!! thanks
I think you are the only one to really look into this. Did you do it already??? Post up some results. Rentaslut, what did you hear about these affects on the 2.0 motor?? Please fill in.
Old May 14, 2004, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

here check this thread, there are many like it =)

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ight=ebay+chip
Old May 14, 2004, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

basically this mod tells your ECU that you are taking in more air than you really are... so in turn your ECU dumps more fuel into the mix making you run way too rich... sure you will get more hp/tq, but at the chance of going through spark plugs and possible other internal probs... not worth the money...especially with a mivec
Old May 14, 2004, 09:29 PM
Account Disabled

ok well im gonna be the test rat again !!!

ok well im gonna give you more details on this chip when it s gonna be install
hope it s gonna be all right cause last time i have been the test rat for the test pipe
experience it sound like crap still get over it with a hi flow cat to resolve the problem. but still !!!hope this chip is gonna work !!!when it s gonna be install i will check on dyno the result of torq and hp so you guys should have all the details in a week max!!!
Old May 14, 2004, 09:33 PM
Account Disabled

what do you mean

ok you think this chip is bad for the 2.0 what do you mean what is bad????
Old May 14, 2004, 09:48 PM

Why does everyone here think running rich is so awful? It's a hell of a lot better then running lean.
Old May 15, 2004, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

In an NA car you can run a little leaner than the stock settings... and running rich can burn up your plugs, o2 sensors and waste more money on gas.. which right now is over 2 bucks for regular.. if you really want peformance look into getting the JET chip or RRMs.. they cost more but the gains are safely tested and shown to work
Old May 15, 2004, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by lancerallyart

well.. not so sure about the chip.. but in the FAQ here's what it says about those extra wires.. maybe it'll help

My vehicle is equipped with MAF (Mass air flow sensor) and I see more than 2 wires. What should I do?

You will need to locate the IAT wires among those sensors. Please check with your owners manual or contact your dealership

I have trouble locating IAT sensor. Can you help?

IAT sensor is also known as Coolant temp sensor and 02 Sensor. Most cases, it is located in your intake manifold. Please check with your owners manual for exact location
Old May 15, 2004, 12:31 PM
EvoM Guru

IAT sensor is also known as Coolant temp sensor and 02 Sensor.
those are 3 separate sensors. there's no way the person who wrote that could make anything beneficial for a motor.