Notices

Nitrous Track Results

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2005, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was that SpecV modded? Under 15 is pretty fast!

Nice numbers dude! I can't believe you are all stock except the bottle!!!
Old Feb 20, 2005, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lrh35
If you had your button either on your steering wheel or on your shifter I'm sure it would help too. I don't like the joy stick on a phone cord thing.
If he has that set-up he's straight-up retarded. Wot switch is the only way to go unless you are Brian Spilner.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

nice runs man =) take it out some more, im sure its got some more potential how it is. you just spraying 3rd gear?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lrh35
If you had your button either on your steering wheel or on your shifter I'm sure it would help too. I don't like the joy stick on a phone cord thing.
That doesn't make any difference, the setup I was using worked flawlessly. I was able to activate the spray exactly when I wanted to instead of it coming on prematurely when I full throttled it. I chose not to use WOT switch because I can't spray in first gear. First is wayyy to short and I would bounce off the rev limiter and fuel cut and then boom. I hit the button right before the 1st to 2nd shift so that after the initial delay, the power would come on right when I 2nd gear hit.

It is not a joystick on a phone cord. It is actually made for what I am using it for. I bought it already made its not like I went and glued some **** together lol. On a side note, I hit 5 different part stores over the weekend, I CAN NOT find any spark plugs for this car! They all had some stock heat range ****ty autolite bs, but nothing a step colder or better quality. Last night I was experimenting with the spray and one of my spark plugs melted.. its all good though it just closed the gap on the plug, I opened it back up and its fine now. But that just goes to show why you need to get colder plugs for nitrous use.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrimsonShadow
If he has that set-up he's straight-up retarded. Wot switch is the only way to go unless you are Brian Spilner.
Have you ever sprayed your car?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by reTro
Was that SpecV modded? Under 15 is pretty fast!

Nice numbers dude! I can't believe you are all stock except the bottle!!!
Yes, he had removed interior, ecu, intake, exhaust. At least that's all he told me he had, he was damn sure fast though. SpecV's are no bs fellas.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blk-majik
nice runs man =) take it out some more, im sure its got some more potential how it is. you just spraying 3rd gear?
I started the spray at 2nd gear and didn't release the button until the green light.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Thats awesome man. Congrats and good luck in the future. Can't wait to hear your next results.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

impressive numbers, seems like the RA loves the juice. I wish you had some videos thou, that would be very nice.

Question... that 50whp shot is like adding it to the existing 162hp? So that makes the RA 212hp and 212 trq (guessing the torque figures), that would have us run low 14's?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

More like 230/230, since it seems like the RA is underrated.

One thing that I've noticed though is that NOS is good for torque for some reason. Given similar HP gains, the torque is better with NOS than with a turbo. Can anyoen confirm/deny this?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

I can neither confirm nor deny but it probably has to do with the MIVEC's 2nd set of lobes taking better advantage of the richer fuel and air mix. Also I don't think the RA is underrated at the crank, I just think we have a lower (better) drivetrain loss than most. Just look at what an automatic RA dyno's at and tell me what you think.

AMG

Oh yeah plugs, Denso iridium IKH20 is standard heat range for us. Remember we share alot of parts with that "other" 2.4 Mitsu makes. That's the listing for the Sportback lancer and Outlander.
http://www.iridiumpower.com/find_par...&action=Search
Just go 2 ranges colder and your good! Hope this helps, just good god don't blow the motor yet. These guys will never stop with the Booooms! I'll be in the club in another month or so. Keep up the good work leading the way!

AMG

Last edited by amg_dragon; Feb 21, 2005 at 11:37 PM. Reason: forgot the plug...
Old Feb 23, 2005, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DallasN2O
Have you ever sprayed your car?
Not the Spec-V (i'm still saving for the system) but on my old Saturn racecar and my friend's old-skool SE-R.

Anyway keep up the good work with spraying the Lancer, make my fellow Spec-V drivers cringe. BTW you mentioned the Spec-V had a custom ECU but no company has released one yet and there is no re-flashing software....

Last edited by CrimsonShadow; Feb 23, 2005 at 04:35 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrimsonShadow
... BTW you mentioned the Spec-V had a custom ECU but no company has released one yet and there is no re-flashing software....
Maybe he meant something like this http://www.stillen.com/Sportscars_de...d=44013&page=1

Saw it in another post, and since I was passing thru *L*...
Old Feb 23, 2005, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

I was just going by what the guy said, its probably a piggyback like ours. But thanks for the good comments! Keeps me motivated.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Good times. Very impressiv!