Notices

A'PEXi maps/settings?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2005, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Ralliart Ingen intake, RRM Downpipe, Magnaflow Exhaust, Apex Piggyback, RRM Clutch line, 3 Spiral maxs, Powerslot Rotors, Ceramic coated brakes
you have 3 spiral maxs?

-joe
Old May 25, 2005, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
speed demon: where do you have the apexi unit? glove box? can you take pictures of the wiring into the ecu? i think people are having issues because they wired it into the sensor output under the hood or the input side of the ecu harness (same reading). there should be an output that can be modified as well that the ecu wont be able to re-tune so easily. thanks!
Old May 25, 2005, 10:29 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Somebody needs to take lots of pics and write a how-to, as there are a lot of people who want to know how to do this but are lost since nobody has written instructions for doing this on our engine.
Old May 25, 2005, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

^werd.
Old May 25, 2005, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

well i sent him my dyno chart and he posted it, this was done back in feb. i really don't believe those are my accurate reading tho cause i drove 50 miles to get it dynoed so ima put these apex ground wires on than get it dynoed again but this time let it cool before i do. my car came with ngk iri. spark plugs, did ya's? and to give ya heads up on the new eclispe, its has two trims of engines, 4-6cyl. 4cyl has the exact same engine as ours but different set up for battery. and 6 cyl. has the two sensors under neath the car. the 02 and the other one, on the header. you can see it when you pop the hood. i just seen the car up front yesterday. anyone knows if the 4cyl is faster than the ralliart?
Old May 25, 2005, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

sorry guys but the shop did my install i can ask questions on how they did it, thats all i can do. im not that good with wires and all.
Old May 25, 2005, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

yea i have 3 spiral maxs, i was curious if such a thing works and it actually does. it cut my 0-60 off by milli secs so i put two more in and had more of an increase. i have a cold air thats how i can put three in.
Old May 25, 2005, 05:26 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SpEeD_dEmOn
well i sent him my dyno chart and he posted it, this was done back in feb. i really don't believe those are my accurate reading tho cause i drove 50 miles to get it dynoed so ima put these apex ground wires on than get it dynoed again but this time let it cool before i do. my car came with ngk iri. spark plugs, did ya's? and to give ya heads up on the new eclispe, its has two trims of engines, 4-6cyl. 4cyl has the exact same engine as ours but different set up for battery. and 6 cyl. has the two sensors under neath the car. the 02 and the other one, on the header. you can see it when you pop the hood. i just seen the car up front yesterday. anyone knows if the 4cyl is faster than the ralliart?
Same output, heavier car. Ralliart should be faster unless the 4G has obscenely short gearing.
Old May 25, 2005, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Ok, here is the bigger dynosheet:
Old May 25, 2005, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

thanks a bunch

anybody know the sensor type and sensor number settings?

i got it all hooked up but it's missing that info thanks

-joe
Old May 25, 2005, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speedy: can u just take a picture of the wire harness? u woud just have to look under the glove box towards the center. There is a little plastic plate the slides off and its right there. we should be able to see where the connected each wire from that. good lighting would help so we can tell what color the wires are and start to pin it out.

also, im thinking about helping the megasquirt guys port their *FREE* device to work on the RA over the summer. It does injection and ignition now and they are adding air/fuel at the moment. also working on reading knock sensors to auto-retard timing. if ur a hands-on kinda guy. check out megasquirt.info. can be by far the best fuel mgmt solution out there, and its free. just gotta know what ur doing =)
Old May 25, 2005, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

blk-majik:

i doubt you will be able to see the wires from a photo.. i just did the install and after you plug the harness back in, it's all blocked from view..

-joe