Notices

Body Kit?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2005, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Kit?

Last month I got swipped while parked at a parking lot on the back right side of my bumper. Now I have these ugly gashes in my rear bumper. To top that while I was installing my CAI I had the front 2 wheels on a ramp so I could get under the car and do my installing. As I came down the ramp hit the bottom part of my bumper guard and broke it out of place.

Should I get the stuff fixed or would it be better to just get a body kit? I was planning on getting one anyways it's just a little earlier than i expected, but just wasn't sure there were any for the car. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Body Kit?-p5220020.jpg   Body Kit?-p5220021.jpg   Body Kit?-p5220024.jpg  
Old May 22, 2005, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

I'm generally not a fan of body kits, but it looks like if you want one now's the time to get one.

Btw, I think the parking lot damage should've been covered by your insurance, but it's probably too late for that now.
Old May 22, 2005, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

ouch... i hate when people drive for months with a damaged car... do something... fast.
Old May 22, 2005, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

I don't know but I'm interested in the responses. I'm looking to replace my rear bumper (aero part) also, and maybe the front lip. No ricer or homey stuff though, so my choices might be limited.
Old May 22, 2005, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

I think if you can find a nice body kit go for it but don't get one that looks like it was made by a 4 year old.

Find some that you are interested and post them on here so we can get a idea at what you are looking at.
Old May 22, 2005, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

www.roadracemotorsports.com

You could also try Accolade. But I'd lean towards RRM.
Old May 22, 2005, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

Is the body kit for rrm discontinued?
Old May 22, 2005, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

The one on the website is discontinued, and we have a new body kit that was just released, and selling very quickly. Evom.net members get a special price of 949. It is a Jdm Evo 9 conversion kit.
Old May 23, 2005, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Got any pics or links where I can see the Evo 9 Conversion Body kit??
Thanks
Old May 23, 2005, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

there is a whole thread on it... this is the thread that inspired it and carries concepts and development of the whole process

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=124706

Just look at the first page, and then look at the last 10 pages or so, you will see the rest of the primered peices. We will actually have the pictures of the car with the kit today. I am hoping for it. And probably posted on Carbon Trix and RRM website today too.
Old May 23, 2005, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i know the rear wasnt ur fault, but if ur having this much bad luck /w body damage, dont forget that figerglass will damage much easier than ur OEM pieces. the damage u tool would have pretty much destroyed any fiberglass pieces. RRM's kit looks pretty good, but ask them for pricing on the carbonfiber kit as well. if ur gonna spend the cash either way, might be worth the extra to get something more durable and easier to patch incase something does happen again. But it will be significantly more money.

however, new replacement OEM pieces will be costly, too. I think the rear bumber is about $350. rear lip is about $175. Front lip is about $200. Plus install & paint.
other option would be to find a wreck and get the body panels cheaper. might be hard to find a wrecked RA /w good front AND back. any total is almost guaranteed to be damaged in one of those 2 sides, so u will prob need to find 2 wrecks =)
Old May 23, 2005, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

THanks Viciouz

Well painting is taken car of because my friends father owns a shop, so installations are covered too. I think the problem is if it is worth getting a kit or just new parts. I'll have to check the kits first. Thanks for the help.
Old May 24, 2005, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

The new RRM kit is very nice i wish i had the money for it.
Old May 24, 2005, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Just dont make your payments on your car and get the body kit, move to canada and your fine.