Notices

Performance mods... Should I Wait??

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2005, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Performance mods... Should I Wait??

I have a brand new RalliArt that I've had for almost 2 weeks with just under 680 miles on it. This is the first car I've owned (2nd RA... other one was leased). I'm getting a bunch of money for graduation and I've been itching to dump some cash into this car. My question is, should I wait before adding such things as intake, exhaust (even tho not really a performance mod), downpipe, etc until the engine breaks in more? Or is it ok to go ahead and go for it? thanks
Old May 27, 2005, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

do it now...
the nex day i bought the car (.2miles on it) i had my cai installed and the catalitic removed.....
do it now never regret it...
Old May 27, 2005, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by MiVecJohn
do it now...
the nex day i bought the car (.2miles on it) i had my cai installed and the catalitic removed.....
do it now never regret it...
I'll be honest... that was the type of reply I was hoping for!! Thanks man!
Old May 27, 2005, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had my cai on before 400 miles and ecu on at about 900. woud have done it sooner if it had the chance =)
Old May 27, 2005, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

just remember that with the dp your exhaust is gonna be louder, just so u know, so many people cry about getting an exhaust or dp and then they get it and wonder why is my car so loud. not trying to move you away from getting cause i'm in the process of getting a dp also, but i just want to get the whole thing dp, resonator, muffler. blk-majik's work is nice look up is audio of his exhaust

p.s. blk, i'd have to give out props to your exhaust, lol
Old May 27, 2005, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by jerseyjap
just remember that with the dp your exhaust is gonna be louder, just so u know, so many people cry about getting an exhaust or dp and then they get it and wonder why is my car so loud. not trying to move you away from getting cause i'm in the process of getting a dp also, but i just want to get the whole thing dp, resonator, muffler. blk-majik's work is nice look up is audio of his exhaust

p.s. blk, i'd have to give out props to your exhaust, lol
Well i wouldnt dream of getting a DP without an exhaust... it'd be my guess that that combo would sound awful. I realize it would make my car louder. I can handle that, i just dont want it to be "ricey" loud or "pull me over" loud or "cant tell the diff if he's got a hole in his muffler or if its power" loud. Know what I mean?? lol
Old May 27, 2005, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

thx man =) too bad it got destroyed when i was rear ended =( i'll get it redone when the car is fixed and back in my hands
Old May 27, 2005, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliTrav05
Or is it ok to go ahead and go for it?
I would wait a little longer. That way, you get to "rediscover" it once again after you mod it. It'll be kinda like getting a new car!
Old May 27, 2005, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

I am in agreeance with tuffguy... put the money in a cd account at the bank... earn some interest... enjoy your new car for a while... take out the money and have even more fun... I don't know how much money you are talking about but maybe you could even have some turbo fun!!!! ssssssssssssss psssshhhhhhh ssssssssssssssss pssssshhhhhhhh!!!!
Old May 27, 2005, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by jdizzy
I am in agreeance with tuffguy... put the money in a cd account at the bank... earn some interest... enjoy your new car for a while... take out the money and have even more fun... I don't know how much money you are talking about but maybe you could even have some turbo fun!!!! ssssssssssssss psssshhhhhhh ssssssssssssssss pssssshhhhhhhh!!!!
I'm see your pint, tuffguy, on waiting awhile. However, jdizzy, I dont think I can afford that much! As much as I'd love to, i'm going into college next year and well... most of you know how much money that sucks up. I have close to a grand to blow on my car or whatever else I want to blow it on.
Old May 27, 2005, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

oh, i see, well if you are goin full exhaust and intake you are gonna want to get the piggy or else you might be disappointed...
Old May 27, 2005, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

-

A grand?! ECU then... definitely...

-
Old May 27, 2005, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

you leased your first RA.. since this is the second year the RA is out.. you leased it for one year only?

-joe
Old May 27, 2005, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by sillypuddy
you leased your first RA.. since this is the second year the RA is out.. you leased it for one year only?

-joe
I'm in a little bit of a unique situation. Not sure if you know this or not but there's a mitsubishi plant in bloomington, Illinois (my hometown)..... (they make eclipse's, endeavors, galants, and some dodge's out here). My dad used to work there until a few weeks ago when he took a job at Toyota down in San Antonio, Texas. Back to the point, as an employee, you can get 1 year leases very inexpensive. Mitsubishi even pays insurance which is HUGE for a teenager w/ two tickets : )

But now that my dad got another job he let me get a car for graduation and of course I chose a RalliArt. I got it for just under 16 grand too brand new with his discounts!

So theres my story.....

...... and please no flaming b/c my parents bought my car and not me!!!
Old May 27, 2005, 11:15 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by jdizzy
oh, i see, well if you are goin full exhaust and intake you are gonna want to get the piggy or else you might be disappointed...
I'll consider everything. However i will say that I'd like to keep it simple for now i.e. intake, exhaust, downpipe. After summer and i've earned more money from working, ECU will definately be up there. Actually, I know for sure I'm buying intake, axelback, and accolade grilles ECU is what I'll be saving for next.

thanks fellas