Notices

Would you buy again a Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2005, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Without a doubt. I love RA's. If i had to do it again i would buy the ra. My next car hopefuly will be evo
Old Jun 7, 2005, 01:58 AM
Evolving Member

Well I have had my RA for officially a week now. I love everything about it! Especially for the price you get lots of nice things that other cars don't in the same price range. Definitely a slight upgrade from my 97 Sunfire
Old Jun 7, 2005, 04:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pocoRA
He means if you could do it over again would you still buy a ralliart, not will you buy one as your next car. And yes, knowing everything I know now a year and a half later I would still have bought my ralliart.
If that's what he meant then yes I would get it again. I love the Infinity Sound package.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 04:57 AM
Evolving Member

yes i would buy again...although the paint is horrible.even the smallest pebble hitting it will take a chunk of paint off.the front end looks like it was hit with a shotgun and the side skirts the same.i had this same problem when i owned a starion back in the 80's.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 05:37 AM

I would buy it again in a heartbeat. A friend of mine also liked it enough to buy the exact same car only in a manual trans. Even the same color. It also doesn't hurt that there is so much aftermarket support from places like RRM and others to make our rigs as pretty and fast as we can afford. And on the off chance you can keep yourself from modding it and rodding it, you can keep a 10 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty that you can't get on anything else in it's class.

P.S. I've been getting 25-30 mpg for the life of mine and I just turned 32,000 yesterday.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 06:28 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
If in the same situation, yeah, I'd buy it again. However, my plan is that in a couple years, after I get my use out of the RA, I'm trading up to an Evo.

My paint sucks.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

My paint does chip occassionally when a rock hits it. I've seen better paint but I've seen worse. If I had to do it again I'd get the ralliart unless the evo was in my price range. I mean any ralliart guy would usually opt for an evo if he/she can afford it. Its like a turbo ralliart with all wheel drive, whats not to love?
Old Jun 7, 2005, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

I love my RA no doubt but in all honesty the power is way to easy to get used to. Throw in a turbo kit, and you might as well buy an SRT4 with a turbo warranty. As far as paint goes it is no secret that mitsubishi can't paint a car for ****, but with paint protection I am able to get mine painted in couple of weeks under warranty. Definitely the best buy for your buck buy far!! Just need reasonable prices to build power and we are set.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

-

Yep, I'd buy again... even now that I know my paint sux big time! This car still brings a sadistical smile to my face from time to time... and I don't know of many other cars that can beat that for the price (especially not that ridiculous Corolla XRS thing)...

And like 04MIVECRalliart said, nowadays there are a lot of nice things you can bolt on to it to change it's looks... and more and more performance parts too (high quality turbo kit, piggyback ECU and so on).

-
Old Jun 7, 2005, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

I'd definately get another Ralli if I could. I know for a fact I'd get another Mitsubishi.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ralliguy
Also I've seen on others forums that the paint quality is really bad. Do you have paint problems on your car.
My paint is starting to chip on the front of my car. I was washing my car and saw it and didn't think of anything at first but then I realized I was rubbing more off.

As for buying another.....I personally like change so buying the same car is kinda pointless to me so I would get a diff car. Like others have said if I were to buy another one it would have to be better than the RA.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ evo
Old Jun 7, 2005, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Well, for the price FOR SURE! However, If I was buying another car again and was able to spend a more I'd probably go for an 0'5 WRX. Mainly b/c we don't get the evo up here in Canada. I'm sure you guys can appreciate the want for AWD and Turbo! hehe
Old Jun 7, 2005, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If I had to do it all again, I'd buy the RA again. The paint on the front of mine is chipped in places, but I expect that. I drive 120 miles a day, most of it on the freeway.

Last edited by Myszkewicz; Jun 7, 2005 at 05:44 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Lightbulb

-

IMO the 2.5 RS drives like a farm tractor (most of that feeling being due to the tranny). Honda got the Civic's suspension wrong. The Scion seems like a great car... but has only two doors and I need four. The Mazda 3 I didn't feel was connected to the road like the RA (but nice interior though). The Acura RSX has way too much body roll and front end plow... for way too much money. The SVT isn't sold anymore... replaced by a lackluster model badged ST. The Corolla XRS should not even be compared since it's so far away from the RA in every respects. The Celica is much more expensive (at least over here)...

Uh... yep, Ralliart... deffinitely.

-

Last edited by WoRkZ; Jun 7, 2005 at 10:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Would you buy again a Ralliart