Notices

Where does that leave the ralliart...?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2005, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rpmseeker
Also my recomendation, cut the OZ-Rally. Hurt sales and gives confusion having two Rally models of the same car.

I agree... most people I know don't make the difference and that hurts the RA, people think it's a base Lancer with a factory body kit. Then again, that idiot who wanted to race me (on a track, of course ) with his Focus the other day got what he deserved...

-
Old Aug 24, 2005, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

oh BTW, the new Civic SI, Special Edition Will Cost $50,000 ...no joke. and it will have 250HP
Old Aug 24, 2005, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

-

Yeah, maybe we should talk pricing before we decide to compare these cars...

-
Old Aug 24, 2005, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Who's brilliant idea was it to give the Si a digital dash? That would be a deal-breaker for me right there. I'd much rather have analog gauges, even if they're getting a digital input. Sweeping needles kick numerical displays' @sses when they fight.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

-

Yeah, analog gages look much more sportier... less like old digital alarm clocks. And good luck customizing your gages with a digital readout...

-
Old Aug 24, 2005, 11:54 AM

also our gages should get a new facelit. I really like the Mazda 3 sport gauges.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Smile

-

That cluster looks cool... but I think it would look a bit out of place on a car like the RA. Mazda opted for a very curvy design and Mitsubishi are designing through fluid but sweeping lines... so they have to go with smaller gages incased in a larger more squarish shape to help cary the flow.

Don't mind me that much though... just a designer's over-analysing the work of others.

-
Old Aug 24, 2005, 03:46 PM

Is it me or I am I the only one who thinks the Evo Chassis was born of our Lancer chassis, meaning it is the same platform. The Evo came from the Lancer not the other way around. And to say the Ralliart wallows like a fat pig around corners in ridiculas. Yeah the ride might be a tad on the rough side, but it handles great for a car in it's class. It's a sport compact sedan it's not suppost to float like a cadillac. Handing is greatly improved when you get rid of the crap stock tires as well. I was amazed how much better the car was with some real performance tires, first swap anyone should do for the Ralliart. Especially for us more spirited drivers...As for the new Civic SI, it's so much better than the current model, but like mentioned above I want to see the sticker price when it hit's the dealer. My husband went and looked at an "05 the other day and it was stickered 21,300.00. And they were not coming of the price. Can only imagine what the "06 will cost-plus no price break. My Ralliart was stickered $17,900.00.
Great price for something I enjoy driving everday!!!

Last edited by Mitsuracer27; Aug 24, 2005 at 03:53 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 03:52 PM

The new Civic SI looks very familar to me..Camry/Corolla bumber-Saturn Ion Redline headlights and rear bumber(trunk lid too)-RSX doors and quarter panels. Any one else see it???
Old Aug 24, 2005, 03:55 PM

The Ralliart has an excellent price. Here in Puerto Rico usually most cars are overpriced. For example, a Scion TC cost here $20,700, a SRT-4 $25,999 (no joke), but the 05 Ralliart is priced at $18,499 which is the MSRP. I test drive both the SRT-4 and the Ralliart, and found the Ralliart more confortable, better interiors, more ample.

The only problem with the class where Ralliart competes is that all of them are adding power to their new models. If Mitsubishi wants to be competitive, they should do the same, but that will bring the price up a bit.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitsuracer27
Is it me or I am I the only one who thinks the Evo Chassis was born of our Lancer chassis, meaning it is the same platform. The Evo came from the Lancer not the other way around. And to say the Ralliart wallows like a fat pig around corners in ridiculas. Yeah the ride might be a tad on the rough side, but it handles great for a car in it's class. It's a sport compact sedan it's not supposed to float like a cadillac. Handing is greatly improved when you get rid of the crap stock tires as well. I was amazed how much better the car was with some real performance tires, first swap anyone should do for the Ralliart. Especially for us more spirited drivers...

Only some EVO owners think that their chassis was born in the proverbial "magic cabbage"... Strictly speaking of the chassis, it's exactly the same when manufactured. Then, the EVO chassis gets something like 200+ more solders to rigidify the chassis a tad more (so to still stay in the specified flexing limit for the car under extreme operation).

And ever since I got a ride in the EVO last year, I know the RA is a much more comfortable car... and it should be since it's not engineered to be a racing inspired 4-doors sports car but instead a performance oriented sedan on a (very tight) budget.

And yes: the first (even if only) mod that should be made to this car is a tire swap. And BTW, the Goodyears sell great on the Internet (when still brand new)... so a good set of tires won't even set owners back that much. And if people are not convinced that tires are such an issue on this car, they should absolutely go to their next local meet and have a ride (or even drive) in a RA running on good high-performance tires. If you they don't see a difference, they probably don't really know how to drive the car in the first place... the cornering limit is at least 15-20% farther on my P-Zero compared to the Badyears (uh, Goodyears, sorry... )

-
Old Aug 24, 2005, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitsuracer27
The new Civic SI looks very familar to me..Camry/Corolla bumber-Saturn Ion Redline headlights and rear bumber(trunk lid too)-RSX doors and quarter panels. Any one else see it???

Actually, I thought that the rear was very Toyota-like. That's probably what I would have said if you showwed me a pic of the rear only...

-
Old Aug 24, 2005, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
the EVO chassis gets something like 200+ more solders to rigidify the chassis a tad more
Now let find those 200+ points and begin the soldering tunning
Old Aug 24, 2005, 10:01 PM

Ralliart handling stage 3:

1. Strip the car until the frame is visible from all angles
2. With a soldering machine, solder the over 200 points specified
3. Put everything back in
4. Now enjoy Evo like rigid body.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think what you're after is a spot-welder. Spot-welding makes a small round weld a little smaller than a dime, that holds two pieces of sheetmetal together. Soldering is what you do to wires when installing the RRM piggy, or copper pipes when you're plumbing. Not the same thing.