Notices

Where does that leave the ralliart...?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2005, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Myszkewicz
I think what you're after is a spot-welder. Spot-welding makes a small round weld a little smaller than a dime, that holds two pieces of sheetmetal together. Soldering is what you do to wires when installing the RRM piggy, or copper pipes when you're plumbing. Not the same thing.
(looks up after 6 hours work with his soldering iron)

Say what?

Old Aug 24, 2005, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rpmseeker
also our gages should get a new facelit. I really like the Mazda 3 sport gauges.
That look similar to 4g Eclipse's cluster.

Btw, don't cut the OZ. It has better interior, cuise control (standard), etc. So I say cut the ES.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Myszkewicz
I think what you're after is a spot-welder. Spot-welding makes a small round weld a little smaller than a dime, that holds two pieces of sheetmetal together. Soldering is what you do to wires when installing the RRM piggy, or copper pipes when you're plumbing. Not the same thing.

You're right of course... you see, my english is still not 100% perfect. There's only one word in french for the two words in english ("souder") and picked the wrong one. I can solder just fine though... but I know nothing about welding.

-
Old Aug 25, 2005, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by rpmseeker
Ralliart handling stage 3:

1. Strip the car until the frame is visible from all angles
2. With a soldering machine, solder the over 200 points specified
3. Put everything back in
4. Now enjoy Evo like rigid body.
That's just about what they do when building a rally car... but item three differs a bit though.

-
Old Aug 25, 2005, 05:33 AM
Evolving Member

A lot of those cars you mentioned will probably be in the 22-24k price range starting. I really don't see nissan making a 250 hp car and not charging over 20k, I can't think of a 200hp car in the compact class that is less than 20. Mitsu already has a car with that is over 250 hp for 24k. the Eclipse, a hopped up ralliart wouldn't make any sense.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by javastan
Mitsu already has a car with that is over 250 hp for 24k. the Eclipse, a hopped up ralliart wouldn't make any sense.

I have to disagree with you on that. The RalliArt and the Eclipse are targeted at very different buyers. One is a sporty family car on a budget while the other is targeted at young males, mostly single and looking for a not-too-expensive sports car. Of course, other types of buyers will be interested in both cars... but anyway, you know what I mean.

-
Old Aug 25, 2005, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=WoRkZ]I have to disagree with you on that. The RalliArt and the Eclipse are targeted at very different buyers. One is a sporty family car on a budget while the other is targeted at young males, mostly single and looking for a not-too-expensive sports car. Of course, other types of buyers will be interested in both cars... but anyway, you know what I mean.

I know they are targeted at different buyers, but cost wise that is the middle car. I think also with mitsus $$ trouble they are going to work hard to avoid being redunant. Two cars in the 250 hp range costing 22-24k just wouldn't make sense right now.

Last edited by javastan; Aug 25, 2005 at 05:58 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by javastan
I know they are targeted at different buyers, but cost wise that is the middle car. I think also with mitsus $$ trouble they are going to work hard to avoid being redunant. Two cars in the 250 hp range costing 22-24k just wouldn't make sense right now.
Your right on this... and that's why I think the next step would probably be to upgrade the RA to a respectable 190-200HP and aim for a sticker price of around 20K.

-
Old Aug 25, 2005, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by WoRkZ
You're right of course... you see, my english is still not 100% perfect.-
Your English is a hell of a lot better than my French.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Talking

-

Nonetheless, it's quite embarassing to make such mistakes sometimes...

Altough I must admit that the image that poped-up in my mind of me in front of a stripped out Lancer, soldering iron in hand, was pretty darn funny!

-