Notices

well i was drivin down turnpike...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2006, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i was drivin down turnpike...

i decided i wanted to open my sunroof, it was nice and breezy outside, sun covered with the clouds, overall... it was a nice evening. the sunroof was opening and it suddenly made a wierd clicking sound...i look up and 2-3 inches from the "close" position, my sunroof was stuck. i tried to close it, it would move but it returned to the same position it was in. i tried opening it some more it had no response. =(.

so, now i got that crap taped up wit a garbage bag. it rained like there was no tomorrow, yesterday. i believe it came off track? but wtf? that isnt supposed to happen. i dont believe i have warranty any more because i have an 04 with close to 50k miles. so... i guess im going to have to tear up this mitsubi. i am really questioning the quality of mitsubishi... .
Old Aug 14, 2006, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you try searching for it here. I had the same issue as you with the same miles and all that good stuff. I can hear something happening up there, but the moon roof is still stuck...

Check out my posts that should help you
good LUCK

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ight=Moon+Roof
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

maybe this will help if you decide to check it out yourself.
Attached Thumbnails well i was drivin down turnpike...-m2284204_00087.png  
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

good luck with that !
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Word of warnig to all. When you clean your car make sure you take a soapy rag to the inside of the sunroof. Dirt is the biggest contibuter to problems with our sunroofs, be it momentary lapses where it wont work or total breakdowns like we see here. You'd be surprised how far a little lovin will take you.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Man I'm glad I don't have a sunroof...
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ddcha
Man I'm glad I don't have a sunroof...
Ya because opening it up on really nice days to let some sun and fresh air in without getting blasted by a rolled down window *really sucks*
Old Aug 14, 2006, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigdoggy_dog
Word of warnig to all. When you clean your car make sure you take a soapy rag to the inside of the sunroof. Dirt is the biggest contibuter to problems with our sunroofs, be it momentary lapses where it wont work or total breakdowns like we see here. You'd be surprised how far a little lovin will take you.
+1 on this. Dirt buildup on the rubber seal of a sunroof is the #1 contributor of sunroof leakage........ other than mechanical failure that leads to a stuck-open-roof.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

well, i found the culprit... one of the pins came off of that silve rbar that rises when you open the sunroof... and as it was goin back.. it was derailed? i dont know... i took off the headliner today and saw 2 screws just laying there. and i see it came off of the motor itself. 3 screws hold the motor in place. so, it was just kinda hanging there making no type of physical use for the gears. yeah its fixed... im guessing the main reason why that happened was because my Bass is too much? i donno. but, im still hatin this car. haha.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pinoynoskillz
i donno. but, im still hatin this car. haha.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Don't be hating the car.... it's your bass! haha.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigdoggy_dog
Also...when you vent it, leaves, sticks, little animals, bugs, can get into the track. So watch out!
Old Aug 14, 2006, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

If you hate it get rid of it and get something you don't hate
Old Aug 14, 2006, 06:28 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by pinoynoskillz
well, i found the culprit... one of the pins came off of that silve rbar that rises when you open the sunroof... and as it was goin back.. it was derailed? i dont know... i took off the headliner today and saw 2 screws just laying there. and i see it came off of the motor itself. 3 screws hold the motor in place. so, it was just kinda hanging there making no type of physical use for the gears. yeah its fixed... im guessing the main reason why that happened was because my Bass is too much? i donno. but, im still hatin this car. haha.
You probably already put your car back together, but if you didn't, put some loctite on those screws so they can't back out again.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DRFTKNGG
Also...when you vent it, leaves, sticks, little animals, bugs, can get into the track. So watch out!
or a full size pigion like i hit the other day