Notices

Screwed by EvoM member...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2007, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screwed by EvoM member...

I recently bought gauges and a relocation kit from a evom member. He claims that there is nothing missing with the gauges. When I recieved the gauges.. all the wires have been cut on the harness. The boost gauge wires were missing, as well as the ground wires. I emailed him, but he saids that its my fault, even though he said there was nothing missing. I paid through paypal, but bc it was shipped and recieved on time, they wont jump in. Any ideas..?
Old Jan 27, 2007, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Did you happen to save the copy of the emails or PM's that has any of that you said quoted? I think it's some miscommunication between you two to figure out
Old Jan 27, 2007, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

yes i did. But he just saids that he doesnt know where the parts went. But wont refund me the money, bc i bought it AS IS. But if he would have told me, it was missing parts. I wouldnt have bought it. Can you hook up gauges with the wiring?
Old Jan 27, 2007, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

If you have the emails and pms you have a good start for a case. I would tell him straight up, that he doesn't refund or cough up the hardware you will get it handled.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

handled by whom? I went to paypal.. but they cant do anything about it. If i can get these gauges working... that awesome. But if i cant.. im willing to do what i have to in order to get my money back.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

who was it so that we dont make the same mistake
Old Jan 27, 2007, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

ttt

Last edited by RalliArtChink; Jan 30, 2007 at 08:23 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

ok heres what you going to do

put a claim on paypal to see if you can solve this, if not

If your payment via paypal was a credit card payment, call your credit card bank, and have them to cancel the payment, paypal will maybe close your account but you will have your money back

HOPE THIS CAN HELP YOU
Old Jan 27, 2007, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

sry to hear that, if you saved the messages with him stating that all required parts are there then you should have a good handle on it. im currently having an email bout with an ebay seller in reference to projectors i just bought. the halos dont work. ive saved every single email i sent to him and have received from day one on this incase i need them in the end. i would try doing the bank bit and having them cancel payment due to a faulty sale. good luck

*thats why i try to do C.O.D. (cash on delivery) through ups when possible soo i can take a look at the product before i hand over the money incase anythings wrong i tell them to send it back and i hold onto my money.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 08:18 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Paypal only helps if you paid for something and received nothing. If you received something in poor condition, they do nothing. Best you can do is try to talk it out, or take the loss and move on. In the future, always ask for pictures of everything being shipped.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Man sorry to hear I also had a similar situation with a gauge kit I fot from another member. But luckily I was able to get everything ok. Now as an extra step before I buy anything I ask for pic's as well. Best of luck!
Old Jan 27, 2007, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for the help everybody. Otter is right, i filed the claim.. but bc shipping was not the issue, they wont get involved. Sooo.. ill just take it the loss.. and be more careful I guess. I transfered from my bank account... otherwise I would try canceling my credit card payment.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Like everyone said - its simple.

1. If Paypal don't help - no worries.
2. Goto your bank and put in a dispute for an non-receipt of item of goods and services or as not as described. In Australia we can still file a charge-back even on normal transactional accounts. It helps, I work in a bank lol.
3. Take photos, record emails.
4. Product recieved faulty.
5. In future, make sure to ask for pictures and description before purchasing to avoid issues.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

no you dont have to take the loss....how did you pay with paypal? by check or using your credit card?

IMO, although Paypal says that sending those echecks or whatever that they are faster and safer, but in cases like this, they dont cover you (thats the catch). by using your credit card through paypal, you also have the option to dispute this problem with your CC company.

in this case, if you did use your credit card through paypal AND you have ALL your conversations with the seller, then you can call your CC company and dispute it. i would not wait too long to do this if you used the CC. I have had a problem like you and my CC company got me a full refund from the seller, but in order to do this you need to ship back the items.....they will explain all this to you once you call them.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by otter
Paypal only helps if you paid for something and received nothing.
Sometimes not even then.

I bought a set of wheels and tires from a guy in Sacramento a couple years ago. Paid him, never got anything shipped to me. I filed a claim with Paypal, and they agreed with me that I should get a refund, but since he had emptied his PayPal account, they couldn't do anything. I never got a cent back.

Every time I log in to PayPal since then, I keep getting a notice that I still have an open dispute. I leave it open mostly to remind me to be careful who I buy from.