Notices

Any Ralliarts in ANY magazines????

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any Ralliarts in ANY magazines????

So as the name states, Has anybody opened up an issue of super street, import tuner, DSport, Turbo Mag, ANY IMPORT MAGAZINE and see a ralliart in side??

ok 3-4 years ago, i remember seeing the RRM ralliart in one of the last pages of super street, with ROCK the stud in one of the pics. than I also remember seeing Sport Compacto (spelling?) and a ralliart being inside (or on the cover) of that magazine.

other than these two shots, has anybody seen a ralliart in a magazine? I dont mean a ceterfold shot, i mean even a "Readers ride" section? anything?

I dunno, once i'm done with my motor build and pushing 400whp+ i'm going to try to submit my thing in a magazine. with my stock body it'll be hard, so i'll need lower suspension and body work, but thats all in due time.

I'm thinking, the more ralliarts in magazines, or out in the public, the more aftermarket we have.

and yes, i have been drinking. Its a celebration. i got a raise.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't seen anything...but will look forward to seeing you in an up coming magizine. Good luck!! Love what your doing with your RA!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 07:26 PM
Former Sponsor

suggestion, sell the ralliart and use the raise to make a new X payment. Now you have a fast car, its in magazines and will hold its value better than dumping into you current car. Not trying to be disrespectful.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

I think it was last year, maybe Super Street, where there was a silver RA pictured in a reader's ride type section (no spec sheet or anything). I'll try to find it...

With our "dead" generation of RA, it'll be a tough task to get our cars in the limelight, but how awesome would that be? The interior shot of a featured 1st gen RA would have a sweet fish-eye lens shot of the cruise control lever
Old Sep 2, 2009, 07:34 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Not a popular car, won't generate interest and help sell magazines, IMO.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 07:50 PM

Why does every evo owner assume guys with RA's want evos? Ridiculous. Boy I just cant wait to pay 500-700 for a car plus insurance that most people think came straight out of fast and the furious. Average folks dont even know what evos are. My brother has an 8 and I find the RA more fun to drive. I went to buttonwillow earlier this year and was hanging w/ my best friends 315 whp evo He was blown away. The reason Ralliart on LSD wants to see an RA in a mag is because he wants to be different. From the look of his goals he could easliy pick up an evo but that is not the point, he wants something different. I could leave my house today and go straight to socal evo and pick up either a raped used 9 or new 10 but I simply am not interested. I personally would rather have an s2k for the track and the RA as my daily. Sorry for the rant
Old Sep 2, 2009, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MivecLancer1
Why does every evo owner assume guys with RA's want evos? Ridiculous. Boy I just cant wait to pay 500-700 for a car plus insurance that most people think came straight out of fast and the furious. Average folks dont even know what evos are. My brother has an 8 and I find the RA more fun to drive. I went to buttonwillow earlier this year and was hanging w/ my best friends 315 whp evo He was blown away. The reason Ralliart on LSD wants to see an RA in a mag is because he wants to be different. From the look of his goals he could easliy pick up an evo but that is not the point, he wants something different. I could leave my house today and go straight to socal evo and pick up either a raped used 9 or new 10 but I simply am not interested. I personally would rather have an s2k for the track and the RA as my daily. Sorry for the rant

I have to completly agree on that, granted i love evos and would want one. but i love my ralliart and do not regret it what so ever. now maybe when lsd is done with his car we'll see some magazines sportin it
Old Sep 2, 2009, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by strocse
suggestion, sell the ralliart and use the raise to make a new X payment. Now you have a fast car, its in magazines and will hold its value better than dumping into you current car. Not trying to be disrespectful.

Tell ya what, if i want an evo, i'll sell the bottom end of one of my motors. Otherwise, i have my car for a reason, i love it.

and otter, your right, this dead generation ralliart wont sell magazines, but than i see every once in a while (hell at least once an issue) that have one car that isnt the normal "race car". hopefully one month a ralliart will be in there.

I can see it now, main artical. "The evo's red headed step child" Or maybe "Lack of Respect" lol
Old Sep 2, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

I dont think i'lll ever get my car in a magazine. Worst luck ever. It'll blow up on the dyno i'm sure lol. Maybe SSP has a better chance of getting his ralliart in a mag than me. 12.7 all motor is just insane..

lets see an evo do that. Take off its turbo, see what it does. lol.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 08:40 PM

Just keep rockin your RA's with love. I wake up everyday excited to drive my car and it is unique. Its awesome to see guys dedicated to the car and continuing to try new things to reach new goals. True, we may not have all of the magazine/aftermarket support but it does not deter us from building something different and loving every minute of it. Evo, Sti, s2k, whatever it may be that floats our boats we are all the same, car enthusiasts. I had a mirage with a turbo for my last car and I think everyone thought I was crazy. All I know is I never saw another one like it. The ralliart has that kind of uniqueness, in fact, I rarely ever see another one on the road.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MivecLancer1
Just keep rockin your RA's with love. I wake up everyday excited to drive my car and it is unique. Its awesome to see guys dedicated to the car and continuing to try new things to reach new goals. True, we may not have all of the magazine/aftermarket support but it does not deter us from building something different and loving every minute of it. Evo, Sti, s2k, whatever it may be that floats our boats we are all the same, car enthusiasts. I had a mirage with a turbo for my last car and I think everyone thought I was crazy. All I know is I never saw another one like it. The ralliart has that kind of uniqueness, in fact, I rarely ever see another one on the road.

everytime i see a ralliart on the road, we do a head nod. its An unspoken bond. alot like bikers have on the road lol.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

well what does it take to get your car in a mag? of course either a fast, or unique car. has to be very appealing to the eye, and more importantly, CLEAN. But the actual act of getting my car out there. Just send them pics and a list of mods and hope for the best? thats seems to be a way to get featured in readers rides. Not really an article. What do you think?

its funny... I see import tuner this month. a daily driven evo with 344whp and a honda civic hatchback with under 200whp. like wtf who cares, i see that **** at home depot parking lot. I want to see something different.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:22 PM

Seriously not to knock the evo or civic both are awesome but that is so commonplace on magazine covers. The problem with the ralliart is that it has a big brother. Its kind of like the civic ex, there is always the si and the mugen rr. If an RA has the clean looks and amazing all motor performance I am sure it would be noticed by magazines. Mitsu did a horrible job of marketing the RA and most people have not even heard of it. If people knew that potential that the car has maybe it would get more respect. My track instructor drives a 400 hp evo and had one of the fasted times of the day and he was suprised by the RA. It will take a lot for the tuner world to recognize the ralliart especially with its turbo awd replacement on the market. Dont worry man, magazine or not we will support your efforts to create a monster RA.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

im pretty sure all it takes is some pics and a good story to get you in. i think both you AND SSP have good chances on gettin in there, you guys are taking these cars to higher levels then your normal lancers. plus with the release of the new turbo RAs one magazine may want to take look back at the forgotten lancer
Old Sep 3, 2009, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlackRaven
I think it was last year, maybe Super Street, where there was a silver RA pictured in a reader's ride type section (no spec sheet or anything). I'll try to find it...

With our "dead" generation of RA, it'll be a tough task to get our cars in the limelight, but how awesome would that be? The interior shot of a featured 1st gen RA would have a sweet fish-eye lens shot of the cruise control lever
yeah i remember seeing that too...there werent many mods listed...but it was in there

Quick Reply: Any Ralliarts in ANY magazines????