Notices

Interesting problem, need assistance

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2009, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting problem, need assistance

My a/c lighting, cig lighter lighting, my right parking and license plate lighting are all off when the car is on and when it is off. All other lighting works. Anyone wanna point out the problem to me? if its a fuse i should check, which fuse would it be?
thanks in advance
Old Sep 14, 2009, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

I've been having a similar problem. Check out the thread I made about it. One of the members suggested checking the grounds, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. There's a diagram in the thread that shows their locations. Hope that helps!

Interesting electrical problem...
Old Sep 14, 2009, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

thanks ill take a look at it, its just so weird one minute it works, then next it doesnt
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

the grounds check, but idk if that is the problem.

here let me tell you what i did even though it should have no effect at all due to the fact everything is in parallel so i dont understand how all three arent working. There are two lights down in the center counsel, the ash tray light, which never worked cuz bulb burnt out, and then the cig light which still light. I went to replace the bulb... Read More for the ashtray since the wires still worked, after i installed the led everything was working fine, even before i put the led in. Now all of sudden, the a/c bulbs wont light, the cig light lights up but extremely dim, you actually have to try to see the light, the right parking light and license plate light are shut off but the bulbs still work cuz i tested it with the left side of the car. Also the wires that were to the ash try bulb, the ones i cut, no longer get power to it. So the only thing different is there is no bulb at the end of those wires. Before it worked, now all of a sudden it dont.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

mine is doing the exact same thing, idk about the a/c light didnt check it. but the cig light and the right parking light both went out. i blew the parking light fuse (a brown 7.5a one) and i put a 10 in and they both worked again. i also had to "african engineer" a way to get the cig lighter to work at all, because for some reason it gets 0 power all the time.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

well mines a short some where cuz i put a 15 in its place and it still blew it =( the cig light gets low power, and the ashtray light is not recieving any power at all. So i found out what is wrong, now its going to get it fixed =( since idk how i would do it
Old Sep 16, 2009, 05:24 AM

I had the same problem, fuse kept on blowing, I then checked my aftermarket headlight and there were some wires with bad connections so I just fixed that put a new fuse in and it was fine
Old Sep 16, 2009, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

the only thing different i did with the head lights were change the bulbs and parking light, and everything seems fine