Notices

why RA?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2004, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I owned a 2002 ES before it burned down but even that wan't enough to deter me from buying another on. I love the idea that the car is almost as rare as the EVO this first year. The only other cars i seriously looked at was the SVT which felt like it would fall apart on me the way i drive, the Scion Xb which wasn't available in the area at the time and the Saturn Redline Ion which again wasn't available at the time. I test drove everything though and nothing impressed me as much for the price tag except the 69 camero i drove at the local muscle car dealership. heh heh I just couldn;t do that to my fiance though, she'd kill me if she had to drive that to work everyday!
Old Feb 5, 2004, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

If you ACTUALLY considered buying a Scion, you should smack yourself 2 times. Once for thinking it, once for telling anybody that you actually thought about it.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 05:14 PM
i45
Evolving Member

Originally posted by insomniac_evo
i love mitsubishi, nuff said...

^^^^ I 3rd That
Old Feb 5, 2004, 07:04 PM
LDB
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm considering the RA because it is quick, handles well for a car on junk RS-A's, has upward potential without gigantic investment and is very reasonably priced to get into. I'm going Evo if I can but the RA is a very appealing alternative.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 02:55 AM
Evolving Member

when i got home from work at 2 this morning there was a silver 02 WRX in the driveway. my roomate had a legacy that was diagnosed with a blown head gasket. so he traded it in.
the wrx is the only other car i was seriously considering. now i get to see which car is more pratical in the long run.
our house is starting to look like a true bachleor pad. 3 people, 5 cars, and 2 dirtbikes. man are we in debt
Old Feb 6, 2004, 03:53 AM
Evolved Member

hahahahaha.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Re: ey... look...

Originally posted by oz-e

bro, PLEASE... don't ever say that **** again lol, cuz you'll have someone like me goin at it with you, and believe me, it's a long *** string of us BUT i'm gonna keep it civil this time lol... believe me, I for one WAS A TOTAL RA hater... now with the mods and ****, u can build yourself a pretty groovy car...

I for one can't understand why that car is so ****ing ugly (my opinion), take a look at the front, WHAT THE ****?! LOL... the accolade kit makes it look a bit better, but still looks like one of the new civics (hahahah), oh, and seriously... what's up with the mock-up-wanna-be evo8 grill? lol, and if you say "NO IT DOESN'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE IT!!!"... i will show you pix lol, i mean IF YOU CAN'T TELL ALREADY! lol...

they're just so similar...

performance wise.... hmm... big ****ing deal... n e car can be moded to kick more *** than the next one...

that is all... now to wash my car
Disgruntled OZ owner..sorry buddy I raced my buddy in his oz and dusted him like he was on roller skates...the accolade kit looks rice! you couldn't pay me to take it...and your car looks a bit too much like a cereal box for me...plus our car has the ponies to kick your butt...if your gonna rip on our car do it in the OZ forum..you are in the Ralliart forum...your going to get flamed if you post stupid crap like that..and by the way if I wanted an EVO I would have purchased one...270 hp is a little excessive for daily driving...get over it ...your just jealous of the car...and trying to pin it on the looks of the car...the car is more streamlined and doesn't look like it is from the 80's like yours...and for your "n e car can be moded to kick more *** than the next one..."

sure but ours came stock like that (more ponies to begin with)which means more potential if we mod it to still KICK YO *** FOO.... <-- sorry had to throw in the cheesy line..if we put the same mods in our car as you did on yours unless you change your engine...we'd still be above you...your just jealous admit it and repent...LOL...nothing wrong with that....
Old Feb 6, 2004, 10:09 AM
Dew

Originally posted by spyderx

A question for your stereo upgrade, did you need HU adapter kit? Looks like standard fitting for aftermarket.

Also, they gave me 10yr/100k powertrain warranty, even though they incorrectly sent me 7yr/100k warranty pamphlet!

I got my sportback MIVEC cuz it drove and handled so much sportier then my 04 corolla. Yes, I did trade in spanking new corolla for this sportback. It was'nt too bad due to high enough trade in value and 2k rebate from Mitsu.
I didn't get the stereo upgrade, I'm going to tear it out anyway. And, when did you get yours spyderx, because if it was after Dec., then that's why you got the 10 yr.

...And for all the OZ people, if you can get on here and say MY car is ****ing ugly, guess what? I can say "Yours is ****ing ugly"

I love how all these OZ driving ****ers get on the RALLIART boards and ***** and talk **** about the RA. But then, when we tell them on the RALLIART boards that their car looks like ****, they tell us we shouldnt? Is it just me, or does that sound like bull****?

Last edited by Dew; Feb 6, 2004 at 10:11 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2004, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Dew

I didn't get the stereo upgrade, I'm going to tear it out anyway. And, when did you get yours spyderx, because if it was after Dec., then that's why you got the 10 yr.

...And for all the OZ people, if you can get on here and say MY car is ****ing ugly, guess what? I can say "Yours is ****ing ugly"

I love how all these OZ driving ****ers get on the RALLIART boards and ***** and talk **** about the RA. But then, when we tell them on the RALLIART boards that their car looks like ****, they tell us we shouldnt? Is it just me, or does that sound like bull****?
I agree ...these people join the damn party and try to take a **** on the carpet...they deserve to get flames...just let them in their delusional world and think they have a much better car...yeah they can mod it...but if you put the same mod on our car who's gonna win...gee thats tough..its like taking turbo'd neon with upgrades and comparing it to a stock porsche...sure it may have more horsepower...then you add the mods to the porsche....bye bye neon...people like these whiny punks ,make me laugh..they are just in denial...maybe they should test drive one....it is quite a noticable difference...I test drove all the models...even the evo...the ralliart was the best for the money...the oz seemed like driving my old geo (first car) which to me is a joke if they think its really fast they obviously have not driven that many cars...heck my last car the Mr2 spyder was faster and that car isn't supposed to be that fast ..its a car for twisty roads (one of the most fun cars I ever owned may I add) not the speed and take offs but it still could wipe a oz a new a$$hole...these guys are pathetic! sorry I hate people who come onto a car board and flame their car...this is the RALLIART board..not the OZ board...they have a right to view the board as anyone else ...but if they rip on the car ....we will put them in their place!
Old Feb 8, 2004, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

Ah, **** the OZ. It's a damn ES with side skirts and ***** *** 15 inch alloys. I smoke these mf's every weekend. Freakin clowns. I raced a yellow one with an evo wing and murdered him. It was hilarious. Personally, I think all lancers (from es to evo) should stick together, but when these corny *** OZ owners come on here and **** on the ralliart, it pisses me off. I'm gonna video tape a race against an OZ and post it, so we can all have a good laugh.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

ha ha. i will make my co-worker watch that one. he has an oz and after riding in my car he won't race me. he tried when i was breaking in my motor, but not now.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by TheDriver11421
I'm gonna video tape a race against an OZ and post it, so we can all have a good laugh.
please do then we can just simply point them to the link to the vid and they can eat it!
Old Feb 9, 2004, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

HAHAHAHA

Boy can't we all just get along. It's starting to get like the EVO tuner forums up in here.

I'm going to go way back and say that neither the OZ nor the Ralliart look better than the 2 door mirage I had which these cars are replacing. They were rounder and more sporty. But what is going on here is the classic "new model everything is too different" syndrome. Give it time it will grow on you. I know I didn't buy my OZ because of the looks but if you look at what people are doing to them out there they can be made beautiful works of art.

WADAD
Old Feb 9, 2004, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

you are right wadadlig,
what some of these people are doing to thier OZ's are making them look sweet. and you have alot more performance upgrades available right now. i like them both, but niethier has a nice grill, i just went with what i thought was more fun to drive. both cars have thier ups and downs.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

nope your both wrong.

Quick Reply: why RA?