Notices

why RA?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2004, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why RA?

hey fellas....i'am a proud owner of a black RA...before i bought it i checked many other cars around the same price range and i still got this car although its not the fastest of the bunch i checked out the folowing cars and i found some probs:
2004 sepc v sentra (many mechanical recalls, spoty fit and finish)
2004 svt focus (not relaible and ugly)
2004 sir civic (mini odesy look and poor torque and tires)
2004 tiburon gt (crapy interior and expensive insurance)
2004 impreza 2.5rs (too slow and heavy)
2004 mazda 3 (too expensive Gt model and kinda looks like civic)
2004 mazda speed protege (way too expensive)
i personal got the RA coz its different, relativly rare, very nice engine and trany combination, and its based on the EVO body
why did ya guys pick the RA????
Old Feb 4, 2004, 06:21 PM

I got mine for around the same reason's. Like how the car looks regardless what other people say, mostly people with OZ's that are hating on it because they wish they had half of what the Ralliart has. I already have a turbo car and they require a lot of extra car and carefull maintenance. The SRT-4 is fast but it's still a Neon which is made by Chrysler and there cars sucks ***, because they have way to many damn problem's with there engines, and transmission's. Just give it time and the SRT-4 will be falling apart. I wanted a pretty fast daily commuter and that didn't take premium since that stuff gets exspensive. The SVT is a Ford and they also have problem's, mazda 3 looks like a Civic. the Civic has no torque, and is over rated anyways. Plus there only making 6500 of the Ralliart Sedans for the first year.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 08:50 PM
Dew

I got mine because I needed a daily driver car, but with enough pep to be fun. Plus, my big thing was comfort. Price was a deciding factor for me. I was originally looking at an RSX, but too expensive, and too small for a tall guy like myself. I then looked at the Neon, thought it was crap, then the Mazda, wasn't impressed with it. I didn't even bother looking at the Ford's because I just plain hate Ford. Same goes with Honda, except the S2000, . I then went to the Mitsu dealer and looked at the Eclipse. Fun car, roomy enough, but little pricey for what I was looking to spend. Then I tried the OZ, VERY unimpressed, then I saw the RA and i just knew i wanted it. It looks SO good, and plus, I had a lot of fun driving it when I took the test drive. Roomy inside, great seats, and lots of headroom, and on top of all of it, has room for my stuff. So, went out and got it and I'm not getting rid of it anytime soon.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 01:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i love mitsubishi, nuff said...
Old Feb 5, 2004, 01:58 AM
SVT
Evolving Member

If a car is badass don't bash it because of the company, boys. Seen Saturn lately? What kind of warranty is offered on the RAs?
Old Feb 5, 2004, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

I needed to sell My 2001 mr2 spyder (getting married...need more space) and had a 2002 eclipse before that. So I decided to check out mitsubishi and see what they had. I needed a car that still was a little sporty but wouldn't hike my insurance. The car caught my attention and I test drove the OZ and the Ralliart. The shifter in the ralliart was almost the same as the mr2 so I went with what was comfortable ...not to mention the oz seemed noticeably slower in comparison. I love the car! got a silver ralliart and first thing I did was upgrade the stereo (got the basic stereo because i would have ripped out the "upgraded Mitsu. one anyway to put in a better one) and Im happy with the car for now. I may get some performance parts to up the pep in the car but I don't think I want the hassles of a turbo so I may just get small stuff...and most of the appearance stuff either looks too teenager/2f2f or hasn't caught my eye yet. It is a very nice car.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 09:45 AM
Dew

it comes with 3 yr bumper to bumper and 5 yr powertrain, but i got mine end of last december, so they automatically upgraded my powertrain to 7 yrs. I paid for the option to upgrade my bumper to bumper from 3 to 7 years. So, basically my car will be paid off long before my warranty is up.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by insomniac_evo
i love mitsubishi, nuff said...
I second that ^^^^^^
Old Feb 5, 2004, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

i agree with dew, i needed a daily driver. i was originally looking at the wrx. the dealers here were making some good deals to close out the 03 models, which are better looking than the 04's(IMO). the RA though was still a little cheaper, a little better gas mileage, and i like the looks of it.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

ey... look...

Originally posted by Sartuche24
I...mostly people with OZ's that are hating on it because they wish they had half of what the Ralliart has...
bro, PLEASE... don't ever say that **** again lol, cuz you'll have someone like me goin at it with you, and believe me, it's a long *** string of us BUT i'm gonna keep it civil this time lol... believe me, I for one WAS A TOTAL RA hater... now with the mods and ****, u can build yourself a pretty groovy car...

I for one can't understand why that car is so ****ing ugly (my opinion), take a look at the front, WHAT THE ****?! LOL... the accolade kit makes it look a bit better, but still looks like one of the new civics (hahahah), oh, and seriously... what's up with the mock-up-wanna-be evo8 grill? lol, and if you say "NO IT DOESN'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE IT!!!"... i will show you pix lol, i mean IF YOU CAN'T TELL ALREADY! lol...

they're just so similar...

performance wise.... hmm... big ****ing deal... n e car can be moded to kick more *** than the next one...

that is all... now to wash my car
Old Feb 5, 2004, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

look are subjective because I think the 04 line of Lancers look a LOT better then the older ones... A LOT!!!! That big *** nasty chrome front piece is just brutal and obviously the people who designed the car thought the same or they wouldnt have changed it already.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

granted that the silver piece of **** on the front of the 03 is ****ing ghey, just like every car out there, there's one or more butt nasty things lol... but OOH... THE FRONT CHROME, this is why we change them lol

the 04? lol... i unno man... what can ya do about that grill? lol nothing, atleast not yet haha...

eh oh well... **** happens, then you wipe...

so far the only beef i got with either car, is the looks... they're both mean machines, but the 04... well... the 04 gets a **** slap from me , nuff said? i think so lol
Old Feb 5, 2004, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

i agree oz-e if there is somthing that you don't like, you change it. the chrome milk moustache grill looks sweet when it is painted to match the body color.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Dew
it comes with 3 yr bumper to bumper and 5 yr powertrain, but i got mine end of last december, so they automatically upgraded my powertrain to 7 yrs. I paid for the option to upgrade my bumper to bumper from 3 to 7 years. So, basically my car will be paid off long before my warranty is up.
A question for your stereo upgrade, did you need HU adapter kit? Looks like standard fitting for aftermarket.

Also, they gave me 10yr/100k powertrain warranty, even though they incorrectly sent me 7yr/100k warranty pamphlet!

I got my sportback MIVEC cuz it drove and handled so much sportier then my 04 corolla. Yes, I did trade in spanking new corolla for this sportback. It was'nt too bad due to high enough trade in value and 2k rebate from Mitsu.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

I don't like how people keep on saying the ES,OZ,LS are slow and I love my RA so much. Yes I like the RA but you can make the ES,OZ,LS fast and it will look awhole lot better than the RA. First of all most people like the Accalade Kit. Like many people will tell you it makes it look like a Civic. If you dont get the kit you just look like a Pontiac. I mean yes you have power but we have looks for the most part. Also if we put the 04 enigine in ares they would look so much better. Then just schold have keep the 02-03 body and upgraded it.

Quick Reply: why RA?