Notices

why RA?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2004, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I own and oz i like the ralli art respect that it is faster then us but i dont like the looks of the new lancers i bought my oz cause my dream car was a evo 7 and the oz reminded me of it the ralliart dosent not and if i was looking for a car now i would not be buying the ralliart nor a used 03 oz i would proubly get a srt-4 thats alot of car for the cash.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beware of neons. i have alot of friends that have bought them, and the majority have had problems. i don't know about the srt-4, it is a cool looking ride, but it is still a neon. if i didn't buy my RA allready i would be getting a wrx. my roommate keeps beating me with his, but my car is still stock.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

The bottom line is that we all drive Mitsubishi's, and Im sure every one of us can come up with something we dont like about one car or the other. No matter what everyone has a preference. We should not me fighting among one another, lets just get out there and smoke some Hondas, Mazdas, Nissans, Chevys, Fords, Saturns, etc!! LOL! Cant we all just get along? (Dont worry I know the answer to that one)
Old Feb 9, 2004, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i don't like hearing that crap about oz hating on rallis. first off yes we are all mitsu's second off listen here buddy, i spend 5 grand to match the 20 grand that you payed for your RA and i will dust your *** off AND get rid of my ugly *** grill (and yes, it is ugly as hell). don't get me wrong, the RA is fine and you can also put 5 grand in it and it will b faster but thats not the point, you comin on here saying the oz isn't half the car the RA is? i'll put my money in the oz and make my car twice what yours is.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

oh, on a side note...i have two friends that have srt-4s, one of them has blown up 4 times in like 3 months, and the other one has been fine since last summer and now its having serious problems as well. neither are heavily modded if at all.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Truthfully, I don't think I would trust a turbocharged car for under 20K, unless it had a 'Mazda' in front of it.

But I don't trust Dodge either, that's just my opinion....
Old Feb 9, 2004, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Hotshot940
yeah i don't like hearing that crap about oz hating on rallis. first off yes we are all mitsu's second off listen here buddy, i spend 5 grand to match the 20 grand that you payed for your RA and i will dust your *** off AND get rid of my ugly *** grill (and yes, it is ugly as hell). don't get me wrong, the RA is fine and you can also put 5 grand in it and it will b faster but thats not the point, you comin on here saying the oz isn't half the car the RA is? i'll put my money in the oz and make my car twice what yours is.
There are other things than power that set the RA apart from the other Lancers. And $5K wouldnt cover it. It might make you faster but you still wont have things like ABS, 4 wheel disks, better overall suspension. in order to make an OZ into an RA lets get one thing striaght, it would not be cost effective. Also, I went to Mitsu yesterday because I am trying to get my buddy to buy a 04 ES Lancer (which I think he is this week) and the price difference isnt even $5K. I paid $16,200 for my RA. The ES stickers at $14,700. He is willing to give us $1K off and a $1K loyalty buyer rebate which equals $3500 difference. A turbo kit alone would cost as LEAST that much and you still havent addressed the other things. So once again this is getting old. NOW, with that said I REALLY like some of the things I have seen done recently to the other Lancers and I cant wait to go to a meet and shoot the **** with some of those other guys. I love my car and all the other cars out there. I think Mitsu is on the right page here and cant wait to see what the future hold with us tuning our cars! Big thumbs up to all Lancer guys and cant wait to see you in person.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

that would be sweet. going to a big mitsubishi meet and just talking to all the other ddrivers and seeing what everyone has done to thier cars. good place to get ideas, and find suppliers. it seems that everyone knows somebody who has somekind of a hookup.
so far i seem to be the only one in oregon, so its either up to seattle, or canada, or down to cali
Old Feb 9, 2004, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there are lancer meets all the time in the spring and summer im sure there will be some in your area
Old Feb 9, 2004, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by cerfur
there are lancer meets all the time in the spring and summer im sure there will be some in your area
i am sure they are all the time, but as far as my area i don't think so. i live WAY OUT in the sticks. the most common thing out here is a 4wd piece o **** truck with bailing wire holding half of it together, and duct tape holding the other half together.

at least there are no deq requirements out here.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

You are always welcome on my couch if you make the LONG *** trek down to Southern California in your car.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

...just like i say **** THE EVO8, GO EVO7...
i say... **** THE 2004, GO 2003...

i just can't stand the looks lol...
but don't hate on the oz, nor the ra... just ****ing do your thang! and stop hating! lol... let's all hate together... let's all hate THE CIVIC!!!! :: flings pooh ::
Old Feb 9, 2004, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

For sure....this whole OZ/RA thing is lame.....the way I see it, all Mitsus are sweet, gotta appreciate all of us!
Old Feb 9, 2004, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

yeah, can't we all just pwn the **** out of the highways along? lol