Notices

Suggestions........

Old Feb 13, 2004, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestions........

OK, I got exhaust on my RA and the windows tinted last week......I came home today and found a check for $300 in the mail for me.....apparently when I bought my OZ and cancelled my GAP on my Honda they are just now sending me the check....I had no idea that was coming in....So, my question to you guys is, I am thinking of three possible part options I want to buy from RRM......

Cold Air Intake?

Lowering Springs?

or...Short Shift Kit?

Yes I want more performance, but more performance, more gas.....I want to lower, but not sure about long term, and when I go to trade in my car....Don't know why, but I want shorter throws when I shift.....I stoplight race all the time, and I don't have much patience on the road so I always find myself flying through gears....Suggestions...Pro's/Con's.....

I could use the money to make a car payment or help pay off a credit card, but that's NO FUN....
Old Feb 13, 2004, 07:11 PM

If i were you i would get cold air intake since you race a lot. Then you could smoke other RA's if you see them trying to rev on you! The RA's already look pretty low compared to other stock cars and for the short shifter kit, that is all you and how much you hate the RA's throws.
Old Feb 14, 2004, 02:59 AM
Evolving Member

i like the look of RRM's springs that would be a good way to spend your money. buy me soom to
Old Feb 14, 2004, 02:33 PM

Ok, you already have an extra 300 bucks. If you like to race and want to gooooooo, then you should consider dropping 130 from your pocket and getting Road Race Piggy back ECU. It's supposed to add about 10% hp to your car. And for 130 out of pocket, that's damn good. You would smoke almost anything out there. The ECU sells for 430, expensive yes, but you already have 300 that you did not expect. Take the extra 130 and get the ECU....
Old Feb 14, 2004, 05:04 PM
LDB
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Based on how quickly you seem to change your mind on things I'd put it in a credit union account for 30 days. Every day write on a pad what you want to do with it. At the end of 30 days add up and the one with the most votes wins.
Old Feb 14, 2004, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

lol...thanks for the advice ldb....but i HAVE NO WILLPOWER!!!....hehe
Old Feb 21, 2004, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

work on your exhaust...... I think that's best. Drop a K&N if you have any left over.
Old Feb 21, 2004, 11:41 PM

Well if you're looking to stick to the three options you said, I would recommend the cold air intake. only adds about 10hp at most, but better than nothing. The shifter isn't that bad at all, fairly short throws. And the RA looks fine as is.

So i recommend the cold air intake
Old Feb 21, 2004, 11:45 PM
Evolving Member

welp....money's gone...didn't even touch my car......but i got a ****ing bad *** tattoo!!!!
Old Feb 22, 2004, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

cold air --> exhaust ---> short shifter
Old Feb 22, 2004, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

hey lkwdkuraj02,
at least you have your priorities straight.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

lol i was gonna say get the ECU, but im sure a tattoo will give u some "mental" horsepower
Old Feb 25, 2004, 03:48 AM
Evolved Member

CAI.
Oh wait, too late.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

Re: Suggestions........

Originally posted by lkwdkuraj02
OK, I got exhaust on my RA and the windows tinted last week......I came home today and found a check for $300 in the mail for me.....apparently when I bought my OZ and cancelled my GAP on my Honda they are just now sending me the check....I had no idea that was coming in....So, my question to you guys is, I am thinking of three possible part options I want to buy from RRM......

Cold Air Intake?

Lowering Springs?

or...Short Shift Kit?

Yes I want more performance, but more performance, more gas.....I want to lower, but not sure about long term, and when I go to trade in my car....Don't know why, but I want shorter throws when I shift.....I stoplight race all the time, and I don't have much patience on the road so I always find myself flying through gears....Suggestions...Pro's/Con's.....

I could use the money to make a car payment or help pay off a credit card, but that's NO FUN....
I would go with the springs....they will help your handling out a little better I would imagine.. or even an LSD...traction is always a good thing...but I don't know if you have the cash for that one..LOL

Search this Thread