Notices

Headlight Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Headlight Issues

Hey everyone!

I'm new to Lancers and the kind of headlights in mine is sending me for a loop. I've had people tell me that they're halos and others say that they're HID's. I've also been told that there are two different kind of HID's that it could possibly house. The previous owner did the install so I don't know where to start. I've tried taking a look myself to see if I could figure it out, but the headlights have been really heavily scratched and I can't see much.

Any ideas on what I might be working with or where to start? I tried taking it to a local parts store already and they didn't have a clue. She's a 2006 Lancer Ralliart.

Last edited by Canary; Jan 6, 2015 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Inserting car details.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aftermarket headlights come in a variety of forms. A picture of your headlights would be nice.

EDIT: and to clarify the halo and HID lights can coexist. The halo usually surrounds the HID projector.

Do your lights look like this:

Last edited by Resurrected RA; Jan 8, 2015 at 06:47 PM.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Canary
Any ideas on what I might be working with or where to start? I tried taking it to a local parts store already and they didn't have a clue. She's a 2006 Lancer Ralliart.
Ballasts and bulbs are the usual suspects, I see that you're in Calgary. I can help you troubleshoot your headlights. I live in the SE and have under ground parking if you would like to stop by some day.