Notices

How to get started in the whole 2006 ralliart buisness

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2015, 05:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy crap youre getting the car at a killer price!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by johnnycage
Holy crap youre getting the car at a killer price!
Do you really think so? What do they usually sell for. It is 2006 if I did not mention it. If it seems really low when I go to check it out I feel I have to be careful. Don't want to get ripped off.

Also how is the reliability of the RA? What have you guys seen. Thanks guys for the help
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by kouroshb26
Do you really think so? What do they usually sell for. It is 2006 if I did not mention it. If it seems really low when I go to check it out I feel I have to be careful. Don't want to get ripped off.

Also how is the reliability of the RA? What have you guys seen. Thanks guys for the help
in 2009 I paid $12k for my 06 with roughly the same mileage...mind you it was the only black one in Ontario at the time, and it was from a Mitsubishi dealership...I needed a second car for work, and I got exactly what I wanted. money comes and goes...but yes the price is decent..$2,500 would be a steal..
Old Mar 21, 2015, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006_RA
goodness knows I cant install that Wavetrac alone
What options might there be? You take the tranny out and bring it here, or we go there, or you drive the RA down here to do all the work (I have a pit, press, tools, Crans has the brains), or something else?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

That car is valued at about $5500 right now, so yeah, you did really great, and its low on the KM. Now, if it were 3k, that would be something to worry about. For the price you paid, it sounds like it was just a motivated seller who wanted to sell er quick.

As for reliability, I only had my RA for 2 years so I can't comment. From the time I had the car, it was great. I would say it all depends on how well it was cared for.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

I've been beating on mine...so I can't say too much about reliability...the motor seems to be reliable...mine's got 250k on the motor...
Old Mar 21, 2015, 02:12 PM

I'd say it's a good price if it's all in good condition. I paid $6000 for mine last year and it had 96,000 kms on it. Who knows, maybe you can get them to come down to $4000.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 09:13 AM

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true

Here is the car that I was talking about. it seems to have some body damage that I did not see before but it does not seem to major. Thoughts?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RalliartN
What options might there be? You take the tranny out and bring it here, or we go there, or you drive the RA down here to do all the work (I have a pit, press, tools, Crans has the brains), or something else?

Thanks RalliartN, I will keep you posted.
I had trouble splitting the engine and gearbox from the donor car, so that has been the major hold up. I will not tackle it again till the weather backs off though.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 05:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2006_RA
Thanks RalliartN, I will keep you posted.
I had trouble splitting the engine and gearbox from the donor car, so that has been the major hold up. I will not tackle it again till the weather backs off though.
Isn't RalliartN and Crans a couple of super stand up guys??!! No one is as nice, kind and helpful as they are. Major rad guys.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by johnnycage
Isn't RalliartN and Crans a couple of super stand up guys??!! No one is as nice, kind and helpful as they are. Major rad guys.
thank you for the kind words...I'm a gear head from birth, I'm assuming, cause I don't remember not being one...just doing what I can to help anyone I can...that's what it's all about...
Old Jun 2, 2015, 02:09 PM

Rust?

Hey!

Does anyone have a problem with the body of their car? I have the 2006 Ralliart and the right by the back wheel (dunno what that part is called), it's rusted. I need to get it done but not sure how much and where.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wambam
Hey!

Does anyone have a problem with the body of their car? I have the 2006 Ralliart and the right by the back wheel (dunno what that part is called), it's rusted. I need to get it done but not sure how much and where.
I have the same thing...rear quarter panel, any body shop can fix it, I got an estimate at $800...I laughed and walked away...
Old Jun 3, 2015, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
I have the same thing...rear quarter panel, any body shop can fix it, I got an estimate at $800...I laughed and walked away...
Yes! The rear quarter panel, both sides. I got a quote for around $800 for both sides as well. Is that expensive? Is your quote for $800 one side or both as well?

Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2015, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wambam
Yes! The rear quarter panel, both sides. I got a quote for around $800 for both sides as well. Is that expensive? Is your quote for $800 one side or both as well?

Thanks!

that was for one side...at $400, I would have had it done for me, cause I don't particularly enjoy body work, and my refinishing skills are not at a level that I'm confident it will look factory new...but I can do it myself for less than $100...