Notices

Tuning Help and questions 04 Ralliart.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2016, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuning Help and questions 04 Ralliart.

Hey there! New to the forums, I have a few questions and hopefully will get some good answers. I am from Manitoba Canada and not really sure who to contact regarding aftermarket parts or ECU flashing, I do know a very talented mechanic I just need somewhat general information with pricing and what to order etc etc.

So the car, 2004 Lancer Ralliart 2.4L Mivec SOHC (Automatic [Sadly for now]) I'm looking to get some more jam out of the car.

Should I flash the ECU etc etc, If so what do i need to flash it and what program.
Should i buy an aftermarket ECU if so what is the cheapest / reliable one to buy?
Intake system? Cheapest / Reliable.
Supercharger? would it be risky with a 5 PSI Supercharger?
Exhaust System
etc etc

I basically do not know where to start or the first thing to start with, I'm currently painting skirts, rear bumper and ordering in an aftermarket front bumper which will also be painted, Aftermarket Rotars and calipers, 17" Rims with lowpro, I have the upgraded suspension kit in it with lowering springs. I am also carbon fiber vinyling the entire car black body, Orange trim, mirrors hood, spoiler. Interior Red and orange carbon fiber vinyling. I've pretty much got the looks taken care of as well as enhanced driveability.

Things i've done to the car and motor since purchased it 7,000 KM ago. Currently 210k KM

Timing Belt kit, Tensioner pully, Control arms, Sway bar bushings and endlinks, struts, Strut mounts, Plugs, Full Service, oil, transmission etc etc. The car is nearly new with everything i have installed and put into it so far.

Any and all information will be helpful, But i'm looking for the cheapest most reliable way to gain more HP as an automatic. I will be doing a standard transmission swap in the car but that will be within the next 3-5 years when i do a crate motor drop into the car.

I have high hopes and huge plans for making it something special and i plan on giving the car to my son when he is of age to drive it.

Thanks!
Sorry for the long read

Last edited by tiktocca; Mar 27, 2016 at 12:58 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 12:46 AM

Also the car will be taken on highway drives quite a bit. Its more of a daily driver but love to play at the same time!
Old Mar 27, 2016, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
you don't need an aftermarket ECU, You can tune the factory ECU with Fastworks (support.fastworks.com), or ECUflash/MMCflash (contact merlin or Ottralliart05)...whatever intake system you want, it doesn't matter much, some cheap ones throw codes I've heard. You'll really want to re-think your intake system if you want to run a supercharger, and also good luck finding a supercharger. exhaust is pretty standard, not many options, but there are aftermarket parts.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:51 AM

Is that not the same cost as the aftermarket ECU? $500+ for everything and the aftermarket ecu is around the same price?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
what aftermarket ECU are you talking about?

a stand-alone ECU like a Haltech or AEM EMS would cost you more than $1000 for a low-end unit...

IF you're talking about piggy-back ECU's don't even bother, they are junk.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tiktocca
Is that not the same cost as the aftermarket ECU? $500+ for everything and the aftermarket ecu is around the same price?
I just got mine tuned last week. I spent $250 on the tune and $169 or so on the cable and Mitsubishi adapter. Made a huge difference on the drivability.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got mine tuned last week. I spent $250 on the tune and $169 or so on the cable and Mitsubishi adapter. Made a huge difference on the drivability.
I am now set up to tune remotely. As some know I have been tuning more and more German and Exotic Euro boxes, if your thinking of tuning do it now as my calendar is filling up.

Last edited by OttRalliart05; Mar 31, 2016 at 05:38 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by OttRalliart05
I am now set up to tune remotely. As some know I have been tuning more and more German and Exotic Euro boxes, if your thinking of tuning do it now as my calendar is filling up.
I have a couple extra ecus from ralliart Lancers but I need to get one tuned for a turbo setup
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by OttRalliart05
What's the cost to have this done I have a 04 ralliart I'm in the process of putting turbo on tring to find a deal on some tuning. I also have 4 extra ecus if anyone needs one cheap