Removing Rear Rotors - evolutionm.net

Removing Rear Rotors

Old May 13, 2016, 02:53 PM   #1
Evolving Member

Drives: 05 Lancer Ralliart

Removing Rear Rotors

I'm currently trying to replace my rear brake pads and rotors. I have the parts but I can't seem to get the rear rotors off as they're rusted (thanks Canadian winters.)

Any tips to help me get them off? I've searched and can't seem to find much.

Old May 13, 2016, 02:58 PM   #2
Evolving Member

Drives: GG EVO IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethrock View Post
I'm currently trying to replace my rear brake pads and rotors. I have the parts but I can't seem to get the rear rotors off as they're rusted (thanks Canadian winters.)

Any tips to help me get them off? I've searched and can't seem to find much.
The rotor hub should have open holes you can screw in a bolt to help it push out.

Old May 13, 2016, 03:14 PM   #3
Evolving Member

Drives: 05 Lancer Ralliart

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsct9a View Post
The rotor hub should have open holes you can screw in a bolt to help it push out.
I had read this before but didn't understand it. I looked into it more and this worked! THANK YOU! I used the bolts from the radiator and it came right off. Seriously, thank you so much.

Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:43 PM   #4

Drives: 04 Ralliart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethrock View Post
I had read this before but didn't understand it. I looked into it more and this worked! THANK YOU! I used the bolts from the radiator and it came right off. Seriously, thank you so much.
A hammer is also your friend for this.. but also note for those working on rear calipers.. the bleeder is in a really crap location.. makes for some tight fit with various tools.

Also as for rotors.. side note.. just buy new esp for rear.. not worth trying to save used ones etc.