Notices

'05 MY Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Discussion/Rumors | [ALL THREADS MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2004, 04:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will Mitsubishi increase the HP to the Ralliart?

Since the new 2005 Toyota Corolla XRS is 1.8L DOHC VVTLi engine with 170hp and 127lb torque, how come Mitsubishi wont increase their horsepower as well? Like i know from the standard 120/130 they tuned the ralliart to 162/162. But that isnt enough to beat the XRS. And the XRS is only 1800cc, while a lower performance Ralliart is at 2400cc. Will they follow the trend and make Ralliart up to 180hp?
Old Jan 6, 2004, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

Look at the torque on the ralliart compared to the xrs. That will win in a drag, you should get a lot better launch and be a long ways away before that extra 8 hp makes a damn bit of difference.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Heeeeeey...I read about the Corolla getting the retuned Celica GT-S engine to. Not a bad idea but the big difference between the cars will be power that is useable throughout the power band. The much larger 4G69 will be a better car overall (not to mention easier to drive as other people mentioned in the Ralliart v. World thread) since it's curves are much flatter.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by xstephenx
Look at the torque on the ralliart compared to the xrs. That will win in a drag, you should get a lot better launch and be a long ways away before that extra 8 hp makes a damn bit of difference.
I'm glad you said that, cuz while I was reading his post I was thinking the exact same thing. 8hp wont do **** for you when you're runnin 50 less tq. I think my uncles base model 97 Civic has around 127 tq lol.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

If Mitsu raised their HP up 20 it would probably cost 2 grand more ATLEAST.

Now you can take your 162hp RA and add a nice catback exhaust system along with cold air intake and you should easily be pushing 170hp if not close enough. And It'll also raise the tq slightly. Personally I'd rather pay 300-600 dollars for a nice exhaust and cai package to get another 10hp then paying 2-4 grand more for the car

That's just my .02 cents though, nevermind me
Old Jan 7, 2004, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

in turns the ralliart will still beat out the corolla... the ralliart will get up to speed much quicker since it has like 40 more torque than the corolla... if you were to race on say a highway, the corolla might win only because it has the slight hp advantage, but then again, your tq will help you hit the max hp of the ralliart well before the corolla hits its max hp... and like said in previous posts, pay about 500-700 bucks and you might be pusing 170hp/165tq whi.ch is much cheaper than mitsu remapping and such to increase the power themselves...
Old Jan 13, 2004, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, the corolla isnt going to touch this car!!! You are looking at the wrong class in the Corolla, we are after the Acura RSX in stock trim and with a couple of parts, the RSX Type-S. The torque will make up for a lot of HP in a race situation, and daily driving situation! If you want THAT much more, do the bolt-ons, springs, and throw in a 60 shot. Hell if people here think the motor will take 15 psi of boost on the stock engine, a 60 shot should be daily driven reliable...hell try a 100 shot!
Old Jan 13, 2004, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by mitsumichael7
Wow, the corolla isnt going to touch this car!!! You are looking at the wrong class in the Corolla, we are after the Acura RSX in stock trim and with a couple of parts, the RSX Type-S. The torque will make up for a lot of HP in a race situation, and daily driving situation! If you want THAT much more, do the bolt-ons, springs, and throw in a 60 shot. Hell if people here think the motor will take 15 psi of boost on the stock engine, a 60 shot should be daily driven reliable...hell try a 100 shot!
Don't underestimate the 2zzge engine.. I had a Celica GTS and it made 163whp stock..with injen CAI and RodMillen exh we'r talking about 178whp and 123 tq. And the Corolla weights about 100 pounds less than the ralliart. Ralliarts dyno about 145whp if your lucky..with 145 tq. Its true we have more TQ but once the momentum sets Toyotas will play catch-up with us..How do you compare 93MPH vs 88-90 that mosts Ralliarts are running. RSX-s with hondata will rape us..
Our cars have potencial but there are big fishes in the water...
Old Jan 14, 2004, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

just think it this way

Ralliart: 18k
RSX: 23k

There u go ~
Old Jan 22, 2004, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Jesse00
just think it this way

Ralliart: 18k
RSX: 23k

There u go ~
1gen gsx 5-6k (great condition)
$50 boost controller........priceless.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

new ralliarts

don't get me if this is wrong, but I heard if the ralliart does good they will bring a better turbo charged version of the ralliart out. Supposed to be about 220 HP, and also the new evo supposed to hit well over 300 hp. I already have a ralliart, but if you wanna wait and see, or get a car now, its your choice
Old Mar 17, 2004, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

o yea by the way the the new evo's are coming out before the ralliart's from what the manager at the dealer told me. They are trying to get the ralliart to compete against the new SRT 2005 models coming out for the neons and the new honda crx's. The evo, like always agains the wrx's
Old Mar 17, 2004, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

Re: new ralliarts

Originally posted by fareastkorean
don't get me if this is wrong, but I heard if the ralliart does good they will bring a better turbo charged version of the ralliart out. Supposed to be about 220 HP, and also the new evo supposed to hit well over 300 hp. I already have a ralliart, but if you wanna wait and see, or get a car now, its your choice
maybe I just don't know much about turbos, but I would think that if a turbo was brought out that it would get more then 6lbs of boost ...calculated from the idea of 160hp+(6lb*10hp/lb)= 220hp

yeah, that's another 60 hp, but isn't it fairly common to get 10-15lbs with todays turbos?...at least from what I've heard on my old Merkur list where ppl with XR4TI's were pushing 10-15lbs of boost in a car made in 85-89...

oh, and any idea when these new models are due out?
Old Mar 18, 2004, 03:39 AM

You can buy turbos now with higher boost ratings, but that doesn't necessarily mean you can just put one on your car. If you force too much air into your engine it will blow and we don't want that. From what I remember, Ralliart's aren't running at that high of a compression ratio now, so a higher boost should be possible. If you are going with the really high boosts, you may need to shave a few mills off of the piston heads and change to a higher octane. Stock turbo would rock...especially if we would get to keep the 10 yrs/100000mile powertrain warranty.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

there is no real set date yet, just asked the manager from my dealer if he knows of anything coming out such as a new evo or ralliart. He said maybe within a year or so, because right now they are working on an upgraded turbo ralliart. Remember Japan already has a turbo ralliart but it only goes about 170 hp or so. The upgraded ralliart supposed to be around 220 hps, which is about a 50 hp increase, but then again that is Japan. We always get crap downgraded 8- ( itll still be nice cause it will be over 200 hps with a kick *** turbo. Not sure if the 10 year 100k mileage will still be available if this new upgraded model comes out in the future. Don't get to anxious, we still have a lot of 04 ralliart's to hook up 8- )