Notices

DIY Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DIY Cold Air Intake

materials: PVC and couplers I got from home depot.
the cone filter and size adapters (in a 2.5" to 3" kit) I got from autozone.

This takes some rigging up, but once you get everything set it works real well. I don't know about comparing it to a name brand product since I didn't bother, but I don't think they are 3 inches wide either.

I used 3" PVC piping. I cut the MAF sensor out of the stock airbox with a hack saw and used adapters from autozone to go from the 2.5" of the stock tube to the 3" PVC. I also bought two rubber PVC couplers, one 45 degree and one straight, to make the turn to the wheel well. I removed the inner splash guard and put the filter just on the outside of the ridge where the plastic guard attached. I then cut out beside the foglight to allow fresh air flow, the filter is directly behind this part of the foglight housing. I have since made a diffuser to redirect water coming from the road. Basically it's a piece of sheet metal two inches from the hole so when the water hits it it falls down instead of soaking the filter, air can still flow around to the filter. here are some pics on my website. PM me if you need any more help

I just PM'ed this to another member and since I had to take the time to write it up I figuered I would post it here as well. I will update when I get the g/f's camera so I can get better pics, the ones on my website are mainly for show and should only give a basic idea of the setup in stage one.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discuss thread HERE!