Notices

Brakes and Wheels FYI - Read first

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2010, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah you're right. I've been doing so much research, I don't even think I realized it. and they have the Continentals tires in that size.

Last edited by Joshua.; Oct 25, 2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:35 AM

Hey guys just wanted to let you guys know that a company up here in Ottawa also crossdrills and slots rotors for our vehicles. They also ship around the world and have good prices. They also mentioned that people who notify them on the forum they are apart of will recieve 20% off of the rotors they are purchasing. I had there rotors on my previous vehicle and loved them. The company name is KVR Performance and their phone number is 1-800-636-0854. So yeah hope this helps guys.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

wj

Last edited by turboart; Dec 7, 2010 at 06:14 AM. Reason: needs to be deleted
Old Dec 7, 2010, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

well on thing ive seen is that tired are kinda like clothes different brands of the same size will measure up differently. i have some 17's with 235/45 zr17 general accliams(which for a cheap tire have amazing tread wear and surprisingly aren't to bad driving considering the tread are so deep and look slightly like all terrains.), but prior i had the bf goodrich g-force t/a kdw same exact tire size. it cleared the stut mount but the generals still had less clearance i actually was gonna so with the 40 aspect ratio but a lower profile means just a hair more width and had i have done that they would have rubbed.
i still need a fender roll cuz i have like 9 inches of tire or so. its a snug fit and i still think the rear will never fully tuck but i can handle the occasional bump and grind (literally) for the extra traction i get. i notice a significant difference with the extra width. after a fender roll it wont rub unless i hit something harder than i would want to anyway so im not at all unhappy with the set up.

it has effected the speedometer though. im usually going four miles per hour faster then it reads. thats with fairly extensive test from the gps and those speed limit tracker things on the side of the road. it usually seems to be affected only over 35mph on the bright side.
Old May 26, 2011, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Anyone have any advice on if a 17x8.5 +35 wheels? Friend of mine is selling his rpf1 and I was wondering if I should pick them up

Last edited by Raikiri; May 26, 2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old May 26, 2011, 08:31 PM
rrd
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Raikiri
Anyone have any advice on if a 17x8.5 +35 wheels? Friend of mine is selling his rpf1 and I was wondering if I should pick them up
you're going to have to roll & flare the **** out of your fenders, but you could make them fit
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:45 PM

i have that for my ralliart and its seems fine to me but might thinking about going to 45 offset
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 213ralliart
i have that for my ralliart and its seems fine to me but might thinking about going to 45 offset
What are you running for suspension and what camber numbers?
Old Jun 12, 2011, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

My buddy with a RA has question and needs to know by tonight lol, sorry if its been said, but were on my phone and saw a set of rims at a garage sale out of town and would like to find out if they will fit before we leave tonight.

We are looking at 16x7 +45 wheels, he currently has 205/50/16's and is lowered on tein s-techs in just the front. Will these work, if so, how much rubbing, if any?
Old Jun 12, 2011, 02:00 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They will fit without any rubbing.., those are very near the stock specs at 16x6.5 with a 46 positive offset

Last edited by lanzerralliart; Jun 12, 2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 02:21 AM

I am looking online at getting new brake pads, and according to the first post, there are many vehicles with the same pads. However, when I put the images up side by side for some of the different models, they look a little different from each other (i.e., some have more of a curve than others). Will the pads listed for all the vehicles in the first post still fit, even though they are slightly different?? I want to buy Wagner ThermoQuiet pads, but I would like them in ceramic. On the sites, the only pads for the Ralliart are semi-metallic, but for example the 2008 Lancer offers the same brand in ceramic for about $10 cheaper. Any help on this would be much appreciated. I had a rear left caliper seize up on me, and eat through the pads & horribly scratch the rotor. I had to buy a new caliper. I took this as an opportunity to buy drilled & slotted rotors as well. I will be posting pics as soon as everything is back up and running.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:38 AM

Questions answered

Last edited by Vro0oom; Jul 24, 2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 12:29 PM

Quick question:

With this wheel size, 17x7 +38, what size tires should I be looking for on stock suspension? I don't want any rub going on :P And will I need any spacers to make this work and look right?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:29 PM

Hawk HB457F.605 won't fit my rear calipers

I was trying to install Hawk HB457F.605 pads in my rear calipers and they will not fit.
The outside pad with the clip has two round protrusions located under either side of the clip. These protrusions are approximately 1mm further apart from one another than on the stock pad. This difference is preventing the Hawk pads from setting into the calipers. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have an idea about how I can this? I will post a pic as soon as i get home. Thank you.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rumblefish237
I was trying to install Hawk HB457F.605 pads in my rear calipers and they will not fit.
The outside pad with the clip has two round protrusions located under either side of the clip. These protrusions are approximately 1mm further apart from one another than on the stock pad. This difference is preventing the Hawk pads from setting into the calipers. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have an idea about how I can this? I will post a pic as soon as i get home. Thank you.
You sure you received the correct pads for our cars? I've brought parts home and gone to install them just to notice they gave me the wrong set.

Quick Reply: Brakes and Wheels FYI - Read first