Notices

Help with wheel fitment

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with wheel fitment

Was curious to know if this in a 16x7, and a 40mm offset will fit. I did do some researching, and I'm pretty sure it will, but I'd like to make sure that it does, it looks good, and doesn't stick out to far or something. My car is lowered on Tein S-Techs if that makes a difference. I would also like some recommendations for all-season tires. I'd like to keep the stock tire size, (roads are horrible in NY) but will entertain suggestions. I'm really into black rims with a red lip right now, so I'll also take suggestions for any rims you guys might know of. Any help is appreciated. This is an expensive investment for me so I'd like to be sure I'm buying the right stuff.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 06:35 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Checkout the for sale section Ralliartize it is selling a set of 16x7 with tires nearly new
Old Mar 21, 2011, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Motegi makes something similar with thick flat 5 spoke and a double 5 (10) kinda like our stock rims but way nicer...only thing is the motegi's have universal bolt pattern which i've never been a fan of, those konigs are nice..

my car's black, i'm looking at a bronze finish...i don't like black on black

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Mar 21, 2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
Checkout the for sale section Ralliartize it is selling a set of 16x7 with tires nearly new
I didn't see any for sale, am I missing it?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 04:30 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by lancerralli06
I didn't see any for sale, am I missing it?
Here's the link...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...omo-tires.html
Old Mar 22, 2011, 05:15 AM
Evolving Member

like those rims, not so much the tires.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ludacy1
Was curious to know if this in a 16x7, and a 40mm offset will fit. I did do some researching, and I'm pretty sure it will, but I'd like to make sure that it does, it looks good, and doesn't stick out to far or something. My car is lowered on Tein S-Techs if that makes a difference. I would also like some recommendations for all-season tires. I'd like to keep the stock tire size, (roads are horrible in NY) but will entertain suggestions. I'm really into black rims with a red lip right now, so I'll also take suggestions for any rims you guys might know of. Any help is appreciated. This is an expensive investment for me so I'd like to be sure I'm buying the right stuff.
The stock tire size will stick out 6mm further, which should be acceptable.

195's would be the same as stock tires on those rims, in relation to your fenders.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
My wheels are 16x7 +42 offset, practically the same then. I have stock suspension. In the flesh, the stock size tires fill in the wheel arches very well. No rubbing ever.

Last edited by RalliartN; Mar 22, 2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:30 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Ludacy1

It'll fit just fine and the stock tire size will have no problems fitting properly. You won't have any rubbing except at full lock (which you probably have already)
Old Mar 22, 2011, 06:27 PM

Yeah I do have a little bit of rub. I appreciate the feedback. I'm a mess right now haha. I can't decide if I want 16's or 17's now. There's just to many options. I'm madly in love with Rays Arthur Exchange MM-X /w Time Attack rims. Saw a picture of these on thunder gray. Looked awesome. No way I could afford these, but I saw Rota makes a good copy of this, but it only comes in an 18. Not sure how that would work out with my suspension.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Nick, those look like 2g eclipse wheels...are they painted? looks great...do want