Motor Mount

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
road race motorsports has some for RA
Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:56 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok there are 4 mounts , the front can be bought oem, aftermarket, or DIY . The driver trans mount can be bought oem, the rear mount can be bought oem or DIY .The rear mount can be bought oem or DIY. The passenger side mount can only be bought oem. Rrm uses the flexane technique and they only replace the front and rear.

Now with all of that being said do you even know which one is bad and they aren't all bad or you couldn't drive it. Search and google there is tons of this info here.

Oem = original equipment manufacturer
DIY = do it yourself (with flexane)

Last edited by lanzerralliart; Feb 22, 2012 at 03:04 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 03:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
Ok there are 4 mounts , the front can be bought oem, aftermarket, or DIY . The driver trans mount can be bought oem, the rear mount can be bought oem or DIY .The rear mount can be bought oem or DIY. The passenger side mount can only be bought oem. Rrm uses the flexane technique and they only replace the front and rear.

Now with all of that being said do you even know which one is bad and they aren't all bad or you couldn't drive it. Search and google there is tons of this info here.

Oem = original equipment manufacturer
DIY = do it yourself (with flexane)
Although the DIY is great and does work for an NA car forget it for a boosted car...lol. I tore through my DIY mount in a few months.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:10 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think the extreme cold and the fact that you were beating the living **** out of the latest motor and latest forced induction setup lol,and what is it like -30 ?? And you removed all of the oem rubber and filled it so it's one solid piece? Mine like that lasted for like 6 years its still a solid piece it just isnt stuck to the metal anymore. I'm thinking maybe some bolts drilled into it to hold it in. like this..... €