Notices

Performance brakes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love it when you talk dirty. Lol

Rrm is by far the biggest rip off company in the history of ever. As cranswick said, way overpriced, and available elsewhere. To be honest, I'd rather buy used parts and put them on my car (which I've done already) than buy directly from rrm.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
The only parts I would buy from them would be parts that are exclusive to them such as the UDP, Timingbox, and Piggyback. Everything else I would source elsewhere due to their upcharge on everything.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
uhm, dude...really? RRM barely makes any of the products they sell...they just keep a stock of parts for our car, and advertise as such...for example go to Tein's wesbite and look up the part number, and google it, which i happened to have already done for you...DSR66-LUSS2 with an MSRP of $960 USD, and are available around the net for less than that, now why would RRM be selling them for almost $1,400? when you know they most likely paid a fair bit less than MSRP for them...for the LSD, it's a Quaife QDH7BR for a 3g eclipse GS (4G64)...average price from other etailers around $1,071, and not to mention the Wavetrac LSD is basically the same thing and has an MSRP below $1,000...

just because you have the money to waste on RRM, doesn't make it smart, and any deal they gave you was probably still a rip off...

http://www.autocarparts.com/part/1167/23/
http://www.sportcompactonly.com/Tein...99_p-84128.htm
http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/DSR66-LUSS2

there's a lot more than that...they are listed on Amazon for $909
Alright man I see I made a mistake Im very new to the lancer family so you dont have to go crazy on me and make me look like a jack ***. I did realize after I bought the brakes for more then there worth and I tried to soften the blow in my mind lol Im not trying to make it such a big deal. Thank you for showing me all of this seriously its going to save me but please next time can we keep it clean :P I realize there a rip off now but every time I search for things for our car I only get parts for OZ rally and junk like that. Its hard to determine if it will fit my car and it was just alot easier to go through a site that tells me for certain that it is and will fit my car. Next time Ill try harder do alittle more research and if Im not certain its the best deal Ill come to my fellow ralliart owners for advice. Thats why Im on this site.. for that and to be involved in the RA Community. I seriously just want my RA done right and end up perfect and be a proud ralliart running around. Thank you for showing me tis again
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

FAFRalliart as I'm sure most of us would agree, we dont mean to sound like jerks trying to put you down. We've all gone this route of wanting to make our car a little better. There have been plenty of us who look for parts and have had the same problems as you trying to find parts for a car as I guess you could say "rare" but this is what the forum is for. We've been there and have our own reviews of certain parts from different vendors. So for ANY questions on what parts to buy please search other threads as many topics have been covered which you probably havent even wondered about yet for this car.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Raikiri
The only parts I would buy from them would be parts that are exclusive to them such as the UDP, Timingbox, and Piggyback. Everything else I would source elsewhere due to their upcharge on everything.
this.

Originally Posted by FAFRalliart
Alright man I see I made a mistake Im very new to the lancer family so you dont have to go crazy on me and make me look like a jack ***. I did realize after I bought the brakes for more then there worth and I tried to soften the blow in my mind lol Im not trying to make it such a big deal. Thank you for showing me all of this seriously its going to save me but please next time can we keep it clean :P I realize there a rip off now but every time I search for things for our car I only get parts for OZ rally and junk like that. Its hard to determine if it will fit my car and it was just alot easier to go through a site that tells me for certain that it is and will fit my car. Next time Ill try harder do alittle more research and if Im not certain its the best deal Ill come to my fellow ralliart owners for advice. Thats why Im on this site.. for that and to be involved in the RA Community. I seriously just want my RA done right and end up perfect and be a proud ralliart running around. Thank you for showing me tis again
Not trying to be a dick my friend, just keeping it real, if the reality check hurts, then a lesson was learned...don't think i'm trying to out you, and make you look stupid, just seriously trying to help you out. It all comes with experience. I don't really like bashing RRM, cause their website, R&D and product line is great for the community, and the platform, but for real, the lack of competitive pricing is more hurtful to the community in my opinion as they are the only shop in northamerica that stocks exclusive 04-06 ralliart parts, but the sheer cost of their parts alone inhibits new RA owner's desire to modify their ride, essentially pushing the platform out of the tuner/racing scene. That is why it is also important to have a community where we can share information like this, even with a limited aftermarket, which sucks in one sense, but in another it keeps ebay modded riced out lancers off the street and allows us to maintain some level of uniquity...

i got wheel spacers from ebay, don't tell anyone...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Mar 28, 2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:30 AM

Yeah I understand and I appreciate it seriously Im gonna save alittle thats just going to fund the next part I put in. I can also see that OZ rally parts fit our car so I guess I just really have to do more research on parts I find to see if they fit.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah I understand and I appreciate it seriously Im gonna save alittle thats just going to fund the next part I put in. I can also see that OZ rally parts fit our car so I guess I just really have to do more research on parts I find to see if they fit.
Some parts, yes... Like some suspension components. Engine parts are a different story as they're rockin' a 2.0L and we are a 2.4L, so be careful on that stuff.

I've found the best approach to finding parts is to take your time looking. Honestly, A lot of the things i've had on my RA have been second hand, and some have been brand new. If you can find quality parts on the forums, by all means buy them. Just keep an eye out for the things you're looking for, and 9 times out of 10 they'll pop up in the for sale section.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:15 PM

http://store.worksmotorsports.com/pr.../whi.bmr79.htm
Thats a sway bar for 168$ which is cheap compaired to other sway bars but its 02-07 lancer.. would this fit for a 2005 Ralliart? I read that lancers have the same suspension but I just want to double check before I get anything
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.whitelinesuspensionparts....asp?prod=BMR79

i just ordered the same bar last week from there...i sure as hell hope it fits, lol! but i will let you know, if you don't pull the trigger right away...

It should be the correct bar for our cars...
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

slotted rotors(not drilled) and hawk pads and done
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

dont feel bad. its a forum thing. people just want to flame you.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
http://store.worksmotorsports.com/pr.../whi.bmr79.htm
Thats a sway bar for 168$ which is cheap compaired to other sway bars but its 02-07 lancer.. would this fit for a 2005 Ralliart? I read that lancers have the same suspension but I just want to double check before I get anything
This is the exact bar I installed two years ago - bmr79 - excellent choice and great price too!

FAFRalliart - We've all spent hard-earned cash then found out things could have been done differently (my happy story is Accolade). Keep in mind what you get from RRM is not only goods but advice based on their vast experience, which is worth something at least to me.

The guys might seem kind of harsh in their criticism, but their intent is to help and they're good at this car stuff, and kudos to you for making an effort to keep this relationship going in spite of feeling insulted. Onward and upward. I will personally get Cranswick for you by emptying his beer fridge then passing out on the front lawn so neighbours can see what kind of influence he is.

Last edited by RalliartN; Apr 1, 2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

how does the whiteline compare to the progress bar?
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

whiteline is 1mm smaller, but in some case $100 less, i have seen the progress bar for $180 when i was shopping around, but i got the whiteline bar for a touch more than that after tax and shipping..

performance wise, i can't see it being any different...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Apr 1, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by RalliartN
This is the exact bar I installed two years ago - bmr79 - excellent choice and great price too!

I will personally get Cranswick for you by emptying his beer fridge then passing out on the front lawn so neighbours can see what kind of influence he is.
Alright Ill go ahead and get this then

lmao I dont want to get him back for anything :P his mindset was for the best but thats too funny

Crankswick-damn nice on finding it even cheaper jez I thought 168 was pretty damn good.. Looks like Im going to get this then

I took the car in a few days ago to have it checked out and the timing belt was about to snap which I replaced right away and the front sway bar links are completely broken so the bars just sitting there which I didnt fix yet. I desided to just buy a whole new performance sway bar instead since I wanted to do that mod soon anyway. I see that this is the REAR sway bar but I also read somewhere that they dont make front sway bars? I have seen some front and rear sway bar kits for around 400 but idk. Imma do more research but if someones already got a good priced one please throw the link this way!

Quick Reply: Performance brakes