Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's this about a BBQ?!?!?
Old May 21, 2012, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
i had a BBQ last year...for a mix & match event at shannonville...
Old May 22, 2012, 12:59 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This thread is everywhere holy **** .....

Swaybar-wheel spacers-motor mounts-did I see u-bed frames-587awhp talon-BBQ......my next guess is moderator guessing what's next.....
Old May 22, 2012, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

haha ya it went a little off topic
Old May 22, 2012, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

hey man, there's good information on the first page
Old May 26, 2012, 02:38 AM
Evolving Member

Thing looks sweet, I'd like to pick one up with some coilovers/springs and start suspension modding there. What's up with all these RA guys being in Canada lol
Old May 26, 2012, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Magrud3r
Thing looks sweet, I'd like to pick one up with some coilovers/springs and start suspension modding there. What's up with all these RA guys being in Canada lol
LOL I thought the same thing. Silly canadians and their RAs. :P Ya gotta love em tho.

But thats what I am doing my orders came in yesterday so tonight I'll be putting on the Whiteline rear sway bar, Tein S-Tech rear springs, and my Blox motor mount. I'll try to get a few pictures!
Old May 26, 2012, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
share the joy when you're finished

Last edited by RalliartN; May 26, 2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old May 26, 2012, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

The Lancer Evolution was not available in Canada until 2008 when the Evo X was launched...Evolution 8/9 are around but they have to be imported from the US, and still end up costing an arm and a leg...there's still people in Canada asking $20K plus for CT9A's...the RA was top of the line Lancer in Canada when it sat on the lot from 04-06...
Old May 26, 2012, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
The Lancer Evolution was not available in Canada until 2008 when the Evo X was launched...Evolution 8/9 are around but they have to be imported from the US, and still end up costing an arm and a leg...there's still people in Canada asking $20K plus for CT9A's...the RA was top of the line Lancer in Canada when it sat on the lot from 04-06...
Damn and I thought we had it bad in the States. Well now I know & I feel bad haha
Old May 26, 2012, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Damn and I thought we had it bad in the States. Well now I know & I feel bad haha
we can import JDM vehicles at 15 years

but i will be looking very hard at some USDM CT9A's around next June...unless i really like the ~12psi 16g setup i plan on switching to for next spring...I really like the car right now, even being FWD, with an LSD and minor suspension upgrades, with a little boost, this car is a machine, it should have came how i have mine, from the factory...especially with the RA badge...but seriously, the 4G69 should have been in the OZ, and the Ralliart should have come with a 4G69T we'll see...
Old May 26, 2012, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

HELP!!! lol

So Im writing this while covered in car grime lol. I got the motor mount installed. Started on the sway bar and ended up shearing off two of the bolts on the perches. Can I pull of replacing those bolts or should I just attempt to replace the perches since the whole thing is rusted out and chipping apart?

Thats what you get living in the wonderful weather of kentucky... /sarcasm
Old May 26, 2012, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd finish up as best I can for now and replace the bolts as soon as I am able. Your car wont break in half or fall apart for those 2 bolts. Somebody went lapping at Shannonville last year with no rear anti sway bar at all.
Old May 26, 2012, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

So I should be alright for a while riding around without a sway bar at all?

EDIT :: Yea its fine without it for now. Sun went down so ill have to finish up the springs tomorrow. Also ordered two new brackets since the old ones look like they are totally rusted out. May have my brother the welder fab something up to strengthen the new brackets when they come in then throw it all together. Thanks for the tip 06, my nerves got the better of me when things started going down hill. But she rides just fine without the stock sway bar, only thing i noticed was that it took a half a second longer for the weight to transfer level coming out of a turn. I was being a grandpa driver on it at first afraid it would be way loose, but then curiosity forced me to test it a little. Lol

Last edited by bakuro117; May 26, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old May 26, 2012, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2006_RA
I'd finish up as best I can for now and replace the bolts as soon as I am able. Your car wont break in half or fall apart for those 2 bolts. Somebody went lapping at Shannonville last year with no rear anti sway bar at all.
hey! that was me

yeah, which bolts are sheared? the ones that hold the bushing on the perch?

when i installed my Tein's last year, i did it the morning of our meet and greet/mix&match event, i was done by the time Brent showed up, but the sway bar endlinks both snapped on me, so i ziptied them to the bar and went lapping It's sloppy, but tolerable...not really unsafe, lots of cars don't have rear sway bars...but if you have time, take it right out...

in your case if it's the ones that hold the bushing to the perch, that has also happened to me. when i went to replace the endlinks i wanted to take the bar off to clean and grease it...well, i broke the bolts, or studs rather, off the perches. these seem to be a part of the perch, so what i did was carefully grind them flat and drilled a hole through the center of the broken stud (very hard steel) with cobalt drill bits (dewalt), and installed new hardware.

attempting to remove the perches if the studs were that corroded...they will likely shear as well...that would be a rather time consuming repair, though if they are that bad replacing them isn't a bad idea, but again if you shear the bolts it'll be one heck of a job to make a new hole and thread it...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; May 26, 2012 at 08:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Whiteline 18mm Rear Swaybar BMR79