Notices

Eagle talon 2 pots on ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2012, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eagle talon 2 pots on ralliart?

I heard from rob that the brakes off the front of an eagle talon would fit on the front of the ralliart and it would be a direct swap.

Ive been searching around a little, but haven't been able to find out if this is true or not. Just figured I'd ask all of you before driving myself and RejectedWolf to Toronto for a set of new calipers that may not even fit.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
you really havent been searching around then. search for DSM calipers and you'll find your answer.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
i can't remember if it's 1g or 2g 2 piston, but the tabs that lock the banjo need to be removed, and there's a part of the caliper that may need to be trimmed to clear the hat on the rotor...they're not quite plug and play, but they will fit with some minor modification...i got this info from OttRalliart05, he actually did the swap, but he said it didn't make much of a difference...i would look into a more aggressive pad, like Hawk HPS and dot 5.1 brake fluid before looking into duel piston calipers...i'm turbocharged and run the 1/4 mile and do a fair bit of road course lapping, and autocross, and i'm still using OEM pads and rotors and dot 4 fluid...i have on occasion boiled brake fluid and actually had to rely on downshifting and hand brake to finish a lap...lol, better fluid and aggressive pads FTW...
Old Sep 7, 2012, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amazing what searching for the right terms will do, lol.

I've looked at the upgrade, and decided its not worth the driving that the car will handle. with only 1.2% more total piston surface area, it probably wont do all that much in a daily driver besides look shiny and confuse whoever you go to buy brake pads from.

Thanks for the info though.