Notices
08+ Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Lancer need advice on modding!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2011, 03:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Lancer need advice on modding!!

My 2009 DE lancer looks like this http://media.paddocktalk.com/assets/albums/143_No_1.jpg
I was wondering how could i make it look like the evo by switching grill? what color grill would i need since my car is full black.
Also another question is without the Fog light and door light could i still install LED lights? or are there gonna be no power outlets to plug them in?
I am planning on spending around 500 to mod my car just the appearance does anyone have any ideass??
Old Aug 21, 2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by naughtyjai
My 2009 DE lancer looks like this http://media.paddocktalk.com/assets/albums/143_No_1.jpg
I was wondering how could i make it look like the evo by switching grill? what color grill would i need since my car is full black.
Also another question is without the Fog light and door light could i still install LED lights? or are there gonna be no power outlets to plug them in?
I am planning on spending around 500 to mod my car just the appearance does anyone have any ideass??
Switching the grill is one step. You can buy the stock Lancer DE grill for about $100 or just paint your chrome black. Then you can buy a can of plasti-dip for like $7 at your local hardware store and paint the front bumper and grill if you want. For $500 you can't do to much. Sorry to have to tell you that. Just wheels alone could cost you that. Again even just the hood will cost you around the $500. Then there's the front lip and rear lip. Each are about $200. But if you need any more info just let me know. I've done a little so far and I'm well over $500 but have a lot more to go. What kind of LED lights are you looking for btw?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:14 AM

Sorry for the slow reply but had school and was quite busy recently XD
Hmm. well i think through time i can start to spend more money but i mean i want to start small? So far i plan on switching grill and hood? I guess i can go abit over budget but really i dont have a budget i get allowence monthly around 300 so after a few month i could spend alot more. I am really new to this car thing so im not sure what you meant by front bumper? And is chrome black grill the color that black evo has? Also i think im kinda confused the grill with something else? is grill the web thing on the front? i always thought grill was the long metal on the web. After checking picture of evo i realized that my metal stick and evo's is completely different, evo seems to have a matte black stick with different design if i want to change mine to that how much will it cost?